Dodge SRT Forum banner

Jmf smim ..... what Tb .....

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Fastsrt4door 
#1 ·
I am not new here I was BIZZY but have no way of accessing my old acct and that’s a problem lol .....I lost everyone I used to know in the Srt world with that acct and all my pm’s ....?

When I built my silver 04 I had a FullyBuilt Motorsports ported head ,intake manifold and a 65mm rpm throttle body ..... I loved the set up ..... but as anyone that was here in 05-07 know FBM took several people for LOTS of money including myself .....enough of that tho ....

This is present day .

I have a stock 05 that I’m searching for the parts to build bigger and better than my last build (hta 30r ,lots of portwork and lots of 1 off or limited run parts , e85 .... tuned with dtec ?

I just bought a JMF smim with the “stock” mounting flange .... what are my options for a bigger throttle body ? Boomba 70mm and MPX 62mm ? Or TRY LIKE HELL to find a used rpm 65 mm ..... I know they are very rare nowadays but if anyone has one shoot me a pm lol

Can anyone please help me with my options as of present day 2019 ....

I guess I’m not opposed to modifying my intake manifold either as I do have access to a tig and weld by trade .

Any and all help is appreciated !
Any of the OG’s hoarding old parts feel free to hit me up .... I’m on a buying spree lol

See less See more
#5 ·
I could have if I would have purchased it new but I got it for a steal !

And yes Simon ! I remember you man ! That dude had a way with words .... he could sell nothing to everyone ..... I lost a lot of money .... my car was supposed to be “fully built”
I mean it was nasty as all hell and I did get a LOT of crazy parts that I wish I still had ..... but I had to trailer my car from Indiana to Las Vegas to get my parts and parts for several friends of mine .....

So just run the 62?

Is that gonna hurt me ?

I’ll be running ported head , +1/+2 os valves , bc ret , bc stg 3 cams ,
Studs
Full blown rail
Pump rewire
Custom ic pipes
Custom made BFMIC
Jmf smim
Full blown Dual pump hanger with 2 450’s
Not sure what size inj
E85

HtA 35r
Unsure of what turbo mani ..... probably custom tubular
4” side exit

Intune /hp tuner for tuning

Also turbo is subject to change .....

I am also going to build the bottom end ..... not real sure what pistons /rod combo yet but am thinking since I am building what I want this time I may do a stroker ......

Just trying to get the perfect combo .... ya know like we all are trying for lol

I’m seriously contemplating getting ahold of jmf and seeing about getting the bbk flange just not sure .....

This isn’t going to happen over night and I did just pay for a mpx 62 today .....

I am going to be running a nice lil stock bottom end mild port build for now until I gather the rest of my big power parts . The jmf won’t be getting installed until the big engine build is complete .

It sucks buying 2 different setups at one time but I wanna be able to drive it while I build my dream ..... I am actually getting a Srt swapped sxt this weekend that MAY get the nasty build /cage

I wanna have a nasty street car and don’t want to ruin a real , clean title art as they are getting hard to find NICE ones ....

I know that’s a lot lmao .....sorry

#6 ·
Stock TB has made more power than your turbo will support......you are splitting hairs at this point.

BTW...avoid the stroker; this isn't 2005. We already found out the stroker is just extra cost and wear/tear on parts since the 2.4 can make enough tq to give your transmission night terrors. Being able to refresh your 2.4 with off the shelf parts is also a HUGE plus over the stroker; because it will break no matter what you may have told yourself about how strong it's built

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.