O2 sensor engine light - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Technical Tuning & EFI/EMS Electronics

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91620
Default O2 sensor engine light

Just bought my first srt4, previous owner took great care of the car and put Maxxfab turboback exhaust which he says is the reason the engine light is on he said the o2 sensors don't read them right or something (I don't have much knowledge when it comes to this stuff) but he said a tune would be the only way to get rid of it. Currently looking into the 93 tune from dsp, wondering if there's an easier or cheaper tune out there since I would need to get a wideband and have it installed and from my research I'm guessing it'll be around 700$ altogether. A little extra info is the car had 55k on it and tube 10-12 lbs of boost has agp wastegate greddy type s bov sperco intercooler and an intake engine Trans and turbo haven't been touched and don't planon it. Also if the dsp 93 is my best bet what will I be missing out in besides an engine light always on if I don't get it thanks for reading
robdeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87469

If the exhaust is castles that's the reason it's most likely on. The diablo tuning is really the main form of tuning for our cars. Just the standard 93 tune will not get rid of the light. You would have to contact a tuner to get that turned off I believe. Like duster360, turbo666, and mindmelt. Where are you getting 700$. Wideband would be roughly 200. The only thing you would have to get a shop to do is weld a bung in the exhaust for the other o2 sensor. Other than that the install is self explanatory. Power and ground wires. Run the wideband sensor and wire into the cabin and plug it in. The sensor would prolly have to be calibrated as well. Very easy. Try and find a local that would help you out.

MODS: garret 60-1 trim kit Tial wastegate ATP o2 and manifold ,boost box,return line, AEM CAI, wally 255, innovative motor sports wideband, dusters injectors, Godspeed BFMIC, tuned by duster360 for gas and e-85
zman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 50735

^ Like he stated...unless it is catless, the exhuast should not be causing the code. If it is a catless exhuast the only plug and play tune that would get rid of the code would be from one of the factory Staged PCM's as they don't read the downstream sensor. (probably the only benefit you get from a Stage 1 ECU, as a predator would net you the same or better performance gains.) But, you can't even just slap one in your car because it would need to be re-flased to your car. Also, you can't get them anymore, unless you are buying used off the forums or ebay.

Last edited by loxmith; 01-04-2013 at 01:46 PM.
loxmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

You can also get a non fouler. I have one on my downpipe

MODS: garret 60-1 trim kit Tial wastegate ATP o2 and manifold ,boost box,return line, AEM CAI, wally 255, innovative motor sports wideband, dusters injectors, Godspeed BFMIC, tuned by duster360 for gas and e-85
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I got 700$ because when I was looking up widebands I found them being 400-500$ (I must be looking in the wrong place) then I was thinking id pay a shop to do the entire install because when I looked up how to install it seemed to hard for the knowledge I have, but maybe I should do a little more research on it, but yes the exhaust is catless. And also so you're saying the dsp 93 won't get ride of the light? only the staged pcm will? my main reason for wanting a tune is because I hate seeing the light on and of course having it run a little better maybe gain a few lbs in boost just trying to figure out what's best sinceI'm completely new to everything
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Meat Moderator

Member Number: 76568

The 93 tune doesnt get rid of the light. It has to be added to the tune by a tuner.

You dont need a stage PCM to get rid of it.

Installing a wideband is easy. Just follow the how to and youll be fine.
tunerlover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Yeah widebands are roughly 200$. All the how to on the forums are very helpful and have pictures.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88421

Get a spark plug non-fouler, easiest way and they are only a couple dollars.

HOW-TO: Non Fouler Mod

You literally just buy a non fouler for like $5, drill it out so that the 02 sensor fits, and screw it in.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57724

Yup I've been using the non fouler for 6 months now works great.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm gonna end up getting a widebad and the install should be very easy after I look up the how to, previous owner already has an extra o2 hung in the exhaust, also the previous owner had a 93 tune from modern performance and he said that got rid of the light so ill most likely go with that, if anyones got some input/info on that tune feel free to share, thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57724

93 tune was the generic.tune that comes.with the dsp. It will not take that code away unless he had a custom tune.done which it sounds like he didn't. Don't beleive what he says cuz he's obviously a liar. Get a non fouler ,drill it out and screw it on your o2 sensor and b done.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 89890

Non fouler might do the trick. Most autoparts stores have them in the help section.
Capb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 81200

Just gonna say this from my personal experience. I had a no cat code until I put the 93 octane tune on then it went away. True Story. Don't know how or why. Just did and thats as far as I know. I thought it was odd. Lol

AEM CAI, Greddy Type R BOV, Race Motor Mount Inserts, 3" Needswings DP with E-Cutout, CXRacing BFMIC, DSP, AEM Wideband, Walbro 255lph Pump
BGsrt4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Meat Moderator

Member Number: 76568

^ a very select few of the 93 tunes get rid of the code depending on the calibration.
tunerlover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement