Stage 3 ef1+ e85 dyno - Page 5 - Dodge SRT Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
Zenkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The only thing that confuses me is that S3 should be spiking way more torque than HP. 430/390? That's straight up backwards.

390/430 would be so incredibly believable, especially on 19psi. And would account for the trapspeed as well.

*shrug*


11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
SRTforums Member
 
D-SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: monterey
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by underSRTarmor View Post
Look man. Don't get wrapped up with numbers. This is the reason I haven dynoed.

Cano dyno 540 trapped 132
Zenkat dyno 450ish trap 131.xx

See my point? Don't get wrapped up. We had this same argument with the BWS. People want to see times if times don't match with dyno then something dont add up.


Autoguide.com App
And I bet those 2 dyno sheets look like they came from 2 totally different car models.

Cano is running a turbo that is super old designed (60-1 with stg5 turbine wheel). Mainly stock parts. Probably a not so pretty powerband.
Zenkat...just from a post or 2 that I've seen, he's a BW s3? Wide tq and powerband given.
Lots of factors for why they trap close to the same with a hp variance.

Anyway, you can't dick around dynojet numbers fellas. Folks love to call BS on dyno's, but it is what it is on a dynojet. You can't change CF's aside from doing SAE, STD, Uncorrected.
Plus, MAP has never been one to throw around fake dyno numbers.

Only reason a DJ would be off is they are using SAE or STD in a HIGH ELEVATION situation (when it should be uncorrected), in which that case the numbers would be over inflated for sure...Many many times I've seen guys from Colorado and New Mexico throw crazy numbers out (on here and on other various forums), and that's why. i don't think MAP is in a high elevation location anyway.

Mustang Dynos, Dynapaks...different story.


Nothing really abnormal about a big wheel running 430/390 either. unported mani/stock 02...19psi isn't much preload on the wg (thus not much of a hard hit/high tq compared to a stiff preload). big wheel (what size are those ef's anyway). who knows how much timing is at peak torque? Could be low, and adding 2-3* could change everything.

Pumpking.
v2.0 completed..
10.31@147, 1.89 60'. 1st SRT in TENS in CA. FASTEST IN CAQUICKEST AND FASTEST EMAIL TUNED. SOLD.

Support:
MINDMELT101 TUNED. , GOKEY RACING, , Crower
IG: m_santiago37

Last edited by D-SRT; 11-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
D-SRT is offline  
post #63 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month
 
underSRTarmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: N. La/ E. Tx
Posts: 9,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I'm sure they both rev to 6500-6750

Thing is cano should making powder all the way to 6500 then shifting it will fall back at 4500 still in boost should pull

Zenkat is peaking out at 6k from the dyno sheet so if he shifts there it will put him at ~4000 so 3rd and 4th they are still both in power band. With 90 hp difference. Peak numbers I wanna see cano dyno graph.

TUNED By MindMelt101
• MyBuild Thread
• 10.99 @132.23 1.70 60ft 27 psi
• Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks

Last edited by underSRTarmor; 11-13-2012 at 03:08 PM.
underSRTarmor is offline  
post #64 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
SRTforums Member
 
D-SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: monterey
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Not trying to argue with ya (i been doing that a lot with others lately it seems, lol).
Just wanted to state that dynojet numbers are the industry standard largely because the numbers can't be messed with like MD's, dynapaks, dynacoms, etc. So it translates to numbers that can be pretty reliable across the board (again, unless STD/SAE is used for high elevation cars...then you'll have way inflated #s).

Pumpking.
v2.0 completed..
10.31@147, 1.89 60'. 1st SRT in TENS in CA. FASTEST IN CAQUICKEST AND FASTEST EMAIL TUNED. SOLD.

Support:
MINDMELT101 TUNED. , GOKEY RACING, , Crower
IG: m_santiago37
D-SRT is offline  
post #65 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month
 
underSRTarmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: N. La/ E. Tx
Posts: 9,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-SRT View Post
Not trying to argue with ya (i been doing that a lot with others lately it seems, lol).
Just wanted to state that dynojet numbers are the industry standard largely because the numbers can't be messed with like MD's, dynapaks, dynacoms, etc. So it translates to numbers that can be pretty reliable across the board (again, unless STD/SAE is used for high elevation cars...then you'll have way inflated #s).
not argueing with you man. its all good,

TUNED By MindMelt101
• MyBuild Thread
• 10.99 @132.23 1.70 60ft 27 psi
• Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is offline  
post #66 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
Zenkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Well, the track's lied to me before. I've been trying to hunt down others' timeslips to compare my numbers and see how legit it seems. I had 2 passes, nearly identical, both trapping 115 at the 1000', but one was 131, and the other was 127. I cant tell if its a glitch, if i let off right at the line and skewed the infrared, or what.

I hit 130+ on 4 passes before i suddenly started doing 127-128.


11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline  
post #67 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Turbolag87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pickering, Onta
Posts: 5,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkat View Post
Well, the track's lied to me before. I've been trying to hunt down others' timeslips to compare my numbers and see how legit it seems. I had 2 passes, nearly identical, both trapping 115 at the 1000', but one was 131, and the other was 127. I cant tell if its a glitch, if i let off right at the line and skewed the infrared, or what.

I hit 130+ on 4 passes before i suddenly started doing 127-128.
what turbo u running again?

AGP Twinscroll s256
+1 Race head, Race ported IM
BC 2 cams
Built Motor
Meth Injection
11.4@125mph (old times,S3, stock head and cams) 26psi)
Turbolag87 is offline  
post #68 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
Zenkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag87 View Post
what turbo u running again?
ef1..


11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline  
post #69 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM
SRTforums Member
 
jay05acr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Zenkat you're car is very impressive

Go to wikyd-performance.com for all of your srt4 performance needs. Contact jtm0n3y or wonderer86 for more info

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f416...-parts-639326/ my for sale thread
jay05acr is offline  
post #70 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
Zenkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay05acr View Post
Zenkat you're car is very impressive
She's about fed up, though. The engine and axles need rebuilds

On a subject change, i'm truly amazed that Duster's injectors are not completely maxed out by now. I checked one of my logs and i found a max IDC of 82%. These 888's go a long way with a bosch044 and a return line, on e85.


11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline  
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month
 
underSRTarmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: N. La/ E. Tx
Posts: 9,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkat View Post
She's about fed up, though. The engine and axles need rebuilds

On a subject change, i'm truly amazed that Duster's injectors are not completely maxed out by now. I checked one of my logs and i found a max IDC of 82%. These 888's go a long way with a bosch044 and a return line, on e85.
What base fp?



TUNED By MindMelt101
• MyBuild Thread
• 10.99 @132.23 1.70 60ft 27 psi
• Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is offline  
post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
Zenkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by underSRTarmor View Post
What base fp?


58 base, vac/boost sourced.


11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline  
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
s ar tee 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkat View Post
The only thing that confuses me is that S3 should be spiking way more torque than HP. 430/390? That's straight up backwards.

390/430 would be so incredibly believable, especially on 19psi. And would account for the trapspeed as well.

*shrug*
^^ this is what I thought when I first saw it. But like I said, I still think its my transmission issues that's holding me back.
s ar tee 4 is offline  
post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
s ar tee 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-SRT View Post
And I bet those 2 dyno sheets look like they came from 2 totally different car models.

Cano is running a turbo that is super old designed (60-1 with stg5 turbine wheel). Mainly stock parts. Probably a not so pretty powerband.
Zenkat...just from a post or 2 that I've seen, he's a BW s3? Wide tq and powerband given.
Lots of factors for why they trap close to the same with a hp variance.

Anyway, you can't dick around dynojet numbers fellas. Folks love to call BS on dyno's, but it is what it is on a dynojet. You can't change CF's aside from doing SAE, STD, Uncorrected.
Plus, MAP has never been one to throw around fake dyno numbers.

Only reason a DJ would be off is they are using SAE or STD in a HIGH ELEVATION situation (when it should be uncorrected), in which that case the numbers would be over inflated for sure...Many many times I've seen guys from Colorado and New Mexico throw crazy numbers out (on here and on other various forums), and that's why. i don't think MAP is in a high elevation location anyway.

Mustang Dynos, Dynapaks...different story.


Nothing really abnormal about a big wheel running 430/390 either. unported mani/stock 02...19psi isn't much preload on the wg (thus not much of a hard hit/high tq compared to a stiff preload). big wheel (what size are those ef's anyway). who knows how much timing is at peak torque? Could be low, and adding 2-3* could change everything.
Correct on the wastegate. Little to no preload on the stock s3 wastegate.
s ar tee 4 is offline  
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM
SRTforums Member
 
93stang434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Wayne,IN
Posts: 2,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-SRT View Post
And I bet those 2 dyno sheets look like they came from 2 totally different car models.

Cano is running a turbo that is super old designed (60-1 with stg5 turbine wheel). Mainly stock parts. Probably a not so pretty powerband.
Zenkat...just from a post or 2 that I've seen, he's a BW s3? Wide tq and powerband given.
Lots of factors for why they trap close to the same with a hp variance.

Anyway, you can't dick around dynojet numbers fellas. Folks love to call BS on dyno's, but it is what it is on a dynojet. You can't change CF's aside from doing SAE, STD, Uncorrected.
Plus, MAP has never been one to throw around fake dyno numbers.

Only reason a DJ would be off is they are using SAE or STD in a HIGH ELEVATION situation (when it should be uncorrected), in which that case the numbers would be over inflated for sure...Many many times I've seen guys from Colorado and New Mexico throw crazy numbers out (on here and on other various forums), and that's why. i don't think MAP is in a high elevation location anyway.

Mustang Dynos, Dynapaks...different story.


Nothing really abnormal about a big wheel running 430/390 either. unported mani/stock 02...19psi isn't much preload on the wg (thus not much of a hard hit/high tq compared to a stiff preload). big wheel (what size are those ef's anyway). who knows how much timing is at peak torque? Could be low, and adding 2-3* could change everything.
You make it sound like the differences between STD and SAE isn't a big deal and it is a big deal.Dynojets set on standard correction always read high(CEO of Dynojet warns of this) and why some dyno shops use STD get the numbers they want.Look at the dyno sheet for this big wheel s3 and guess what STD.Even the CEO of dynojet agrees that a load bearing dyno like a MD or a load bearing DJ is better for tuning if you want numbers use a eddy current DJ,you want really good numbers use STD correction.

Strapped block,ion crank,JE pistons,MAP rods,cncport.com head,HVF tubular top mount.PTE 6266 bb .82 ar,extrude honed and hand ported stock intake and some other stuff=Aiming for the 10s on E85
BC co's,Hotchkiss sways,Prothane bushings,Pwerks strut bars,Mopar tension struts
93stang434 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome