How-To: Vacuum Lines Popping Off Fix - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 FAQ / How To > How To Forum

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 44901
Default How-To: Vacuum Lines Popping Off Fix

ok i've had two other friends with srt4's that have blown their engines from vacuum lines poping off their waste gates. Yes this can be avoid from either a watching the road/track and boost gauge at the same time while trying to doing evrything else to race or do what i did and they will never leak or pop off again. first for waste gates this will only work on after market BOV's or stock turbos running after market waste gates i.e. AGP forward motion etc. also if your running boost controllers also or this works with up graded turbos also. First thing is almost every waste gate boost controller and bov vacuum fittings are 1/8 thread pitch. What you'll need is to goto any performance shop that sells stainless steel braided lines and -an fittings. the line size you'll need is -4 same size line used for oil feed lines for turbo's brakes etc. I'm runnin on my car factory turbo with AGP waste gate. All vacuum lines except the ones needed have been removed from my car. You'll need to measure the length of line going from the turbo to your controller or just to your waste gate and from the controller to the waste gate if your running a boost controller. The fittings with all or should be male to male 1/8 to -4. Thread the fittings into were you need and conect the stainless line or lines to where the use to go. Now you can use teflon tape but all the threads are tappered so they should seal without it fine if they're tight enough. NOw everything is soft aluminum so don't over tighten or you will strip everything. Running lines this way will mean that you're lines will almost never fail will never pop off break or go out from high boost also i notice it was alittle more consitant. I did the same trick for my HKS BOV but had to use a barbed fitting to connect it to the intake manifold and uses clamps so the line won't pop off the intake manifold. With running stainless lines and -AN fittings it can get alittle pricey but it looks alot better then crapy rubber hose and zip ties and if you just spend $3,000 on a turbo upgrade don't go cheap on vacuum lines. If someone will tell me how to post pictures on here i'll post them of my car so you can have a better idea.

Nomorehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

can someone post on here how to post pic's so i can show the set-up

Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 36526

You used steel braided lines for vaccum lines?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 45380

I'd like to see some pics.
alias56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Trying to post pic's yes i used SS lines for vacuum lines

Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 45372
Premium Member

This would be a bit costly, but it would look pretty cool I think!
jtm0n3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement