LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How-To: Properly Wire HID Bi-Xenon Harness

First and very important information:
Due to our very very weak multifunction switch connector a relay harness is highly recommended for every hid kit installation.
You don't wanna have it looking like this:

more info here

Once you bought a relay harness you may have noticed that they are often connected for "9004" what is completely different to our "9007" system.
That will give you a totally strange light output: high beam is low beam, high beam indicator will glow in low beam and something else. Short said: It will not work how you expected.

So here is a diagram how to connect the harness correctly that your low beams work very fine and also the solenoid in the projectors will flip the deflector when you switch to highbeam - and the projectors will still light up.
(w/o a diode you would not have the right effect cause the low beam turns off when you switch to high beam. That would cause that also the hids turn off - and therefor we have now the diode. The highbeam current flows over the diode to the relay to turn the hids on. That will give you also the headlamp flasher function! In the other direction the diode avoids the current from the low beam from flowing to the bi-xenon solenoids!)

Mostly you have to remove all wires from the plug and rearrange.
The contacts are hold by a barbed hook and absolutely easy to remove with a very small screw driver.
Also you will mostly need a diode (a very simple diode from radioshack) for the correct high beam!

This wiring diagram is found on the internet - but i had to check and correct it.
(So it is half my work - but the most important half...)

You can trust my diagram - i am electronic technician and know what i am talking about...

Colors can vary - mostly ground will be brown (how it has to be in cars).

You see the 9007 plug in the picture:
You can see there 2 black wires = 2 x ground! The white and one black are going to the relais. The other black and blue are going to the high beam solenoid!

One thing more for the relay:
It is absolutely equal if ground or 12V goes to the 85 or 86 - polarisation is not stringent.
Same for the 30 and 87.

You only have to look that 85 & 86 = electromagnet side and 30 & 87 = switched side!

You may have seen other solutions for the "high is low and low is high" problem (like: just change blue and white) - but they solve only half of the problem and will not work right with bi-xenon projectors!!!!

Last edited by Legoman; 04-07-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
Any specific details for the type of diode needed?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

just a cheap diode. everything it has to handle is the power to switch the relay = nothing.
So grab just the first and cheapest...
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
SRTforums Member

this happens even if you don't have hids. I have seen 3 regular neon with the same burned switched and none of them had hid's.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
SRTforums Member

i wired mine same like that picture but the problem is as soon as i start the car the hid goes on right away why???
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 AM
SRTforums Member

look like but i really dont know what i made wrong
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 AM
SRTforums Member

my srt got the DRL do you think it because of that my hid are tuning on as soon as i start the car?

Last edited by ericfilion64; 01-04-2012 at 06:23 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 PM
SRTforums Member

i tkink my prob is because i got drl on my car maybe i need to find another way to wire hid???
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

looks like. the wiring diagram is okay. you need to get a 12V headlight source what does not turn on automatically.
what do you mean with DRL?
You mean your headlights turn on automatically?
Or do you have extra DRL's?

Extra DRL's should not be a problem - if wired correctly.
But could be that both systems do not go hand in hand...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 AM
SRTforums Member

no my srt is canadian so i have DRL in my fog light but i wired my hid same as your shema but now i as soon as i star the car my hid(lowbeam) turn on automatic instead of my fog

see that guy have the same prob

Edit:
So basically, the way our normal DRL work is that you have to put in 2 relays into the fuse, ones called hi and ones low(18 and 19 in the fuse box I think it is). Basically, I took mine out so there are no longer DRLs. After that, I took the fuse box out, and switched two wires, so you can manually turn on the fogs. There really is no other way to do it, cause if you have it in with the 2 relays, your fogs (which are the DRL for our cars) and the HIDS will turn on for some reason. I don't seem to understand why the HIDS come on, but they do.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
SRTforums Member

look like you disabled the mod you did while switching over to HID.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Lifetime Premium Member
[QUOTE=ericfilion64;9376463]no my srt is canadian so i have DRL in my fog light but i wired my hid same as your shema but now i as soon as i star the car my hid(lowbeam) turn on automatic instead of my fog

Edit:
So basically, the way our normal DRL work is that you have to put in 2 relays into the fuse, ones called hi and ones low(18 and 19 in the fuse box I think it is). Basically, I took mine out so there are no longer DRLs. After that, I took the fuse box out, and switched two wires, so you can manually turn on the fogs. There really is no other way to do it, cause if you have it in with the 2 relays, your fogs (which are the DRL for our cars) and the HIDS will turn on for some reason. I don't seem to understand why the HIDS come on, but they do.[/QUOT

Installing a stock 9007 headlight bulb to the factory headlight connector will make everything work like stock. Only drawback is the 9007 bulb will light up with the HID's once you turn on the headlights so you will need to cover the bulb so you don't have it on under your hood. You could install it in a metal box and tuck away somewhere. The halogen's get quite hot so use something that will withstand the heat.

If you used your 9007 connector/diode from your HID harness to fire the relay on the driver's side, then plug in your dummy bulb on the passenger side.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

or just leave it how it is. now you have hid drl. who cares?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfilion64 View Post
no my srt is canadian so i have DRL in my fog light but i wired my hid same as your shema but now i as soon as i star the car my hid(lowbeam) turn on automatic instead of my fog

Edit:
So basically, the way our normal DRL work is that you have to put in 2 relays into the fuse, ones called hi and ones low(18 and 19 in the fuse box I think it is). Basically, I took mine out so there are no longer DRLs. After that, I took the fuse box out, and switched two wires, so you can manually turn on the fogs. There really is no other way to do it, cause if you have it in with the 2 relays, your fogs (which are the DRL for our cars) and the HIDS will turn on for some reason. I don't seem to understand why the HIDS come on, but they do.
So did you have to add a manual switch for the fogs, or did removing the two relays and fuse box along with switching around the wires allow you to use your hid's as DRL and still turn on the fogs from the factory mfs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode