How-To: Install a Foward Motion E1 Turbo - Page 3 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 FAQ / How To > How To Forum

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 48794

That's exactly what I did, if you unbolt the charge pipe, install the turbo, then put the charge pipe back on it will slide right over the turbo like butter no problem, forget trying to fight with that incredibly stubborn pipe! I just finished with my install and MAN was it a bitch to get to those back coolant lines and the bottom oil return line!! If there is an easy way of doing it someone PLEASE let me know. I only got to experience my E1 for like 5 minutes before I noticed this large cloud of white smoke following me, i think bad turbo seals. Now i have to take it off and return the turbo to FM so they can look at it.....grrr....but MAN did it sound sweet spooling up.
05' Commemorative Edition #54:AEM CAI, NGK Iridium Colder range plugs, Granatelli Wires, Granatelli Coilpack, AGP Coldside pipe W/ HKS, AGP hotside pipe, AGP WGA, AEM TruBoost EBC, MPx BFMIC, MPx 3" TBE, E1 Turbo.
Sylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 50454
Default I have an E2

Mine runs great. I installed it not to long ago. You didn't overboost with it did you. It's easy to do with this thing. I recommend electronic boost control definately. 10psi in first,15 in second, then 20 in 3rd and 4th. They were very helpful with any question I had. I love my E2. Many races won young padawons. I would recommend this upgrade to anybody wanting thier srt4 to reach the next level without having to worry about many of the issues 50 trims are having. I.e. Blowing motors.

CptNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 51761
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Sylent View Post
That's exactly what I did, if you unbolt the charge pipe, install the turbo, then put the charge pipe back on it will slide right over the turbo like butter no problem, forget trying to fight with that incredibly stubborn pipe! I just finished with my install and MAN was it a bitch to get to those back coolant lines and the bottom oil return line!! If there is an easy way of doing it someone PLEASE let me know. I only got to experience my E1 for like 5 minutes before I noticed this large cloud of white smoke following me, i think bad turbo seals. Now i have to take it off and return the turbo to FM so they can look at it.....grrr....but MAN did it sound sweet spooling up.

Just curious on this. Did you check to make sure your oil lines are not leaking on your turbo or manifold and burning off of that. If you dont put the crushed washers on the same bolts and sides they came off of they will leak for sure. If you have checked then sorry to hear about the turbo man. I have had mine for a couple of years now without problems.

Shane
Old 04-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 49126

So I hate my coolant lines on the turbo.

I got the top one on and couldn't get the bottom one on, it felt like is was threading but then it wasn't. I messed around with this for any hour.

I then took off the top line off and got the bottom one. Now I can't get the topn line on... I hate this car.

It's like I can't get the right angle to thread the banjo bolt. Anyone ever have this problem?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 51761
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by S3PTPSRT4 View Post
So I hate my coolant lines on the turbo.

I got the top one on and couldn't get the bottom one on, it felt like is was threading but then it wasn't. I messed around with this for any hour.

I then took off the top line off and got the bottom one. Now I can't get the topn line on... I hate this car.

It's like I can't get the right angle to thread the banjo bolt. Anyone ever have this problem?

It is easier if you do the bottom one first (oil return line with gasket) before you put the turbo completely in the exhaust manifold. After you get that line hooked up then slide the turbo into the manifold and then do the top line. It makes it easier to reach under the turbo if you do this. If you dont have the directions this is a an ok write up here at this link.

Las Vegas Powder Coating and Media Blasting - Tutorials and Guides
Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 49126

Quote: Originally Posted by blacksunshine05 View Post
It is easier if you do the bottom one first (oil return line with gasket) before you put the turbo completely in the exhaust manifold. After you get that line hooked up then slide the turbo into the manifold and then do the top line. It makes it easier to reach under the turbo if you do this. If you dont have the directions this is a an ok write up here at this link.

Las Vegas Powder Coating and Media Blasting - Tutorials and Guides

Thanks, but not really helpful.

I'm talking about the coolant lines, not the oil lines.