LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 03:58 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-4sjf
Because S1 isnt necessary for 400+hp, but id love to see you make 450+hp on your factory airbox
What makes you think the stock AirBox isn't plenty sufficient already?. From what I heard a CAI is money lost that could be spent elsewhere.. PVO from what I have seen and heard designed a pretty damn good stock intake, and if I recall the title for this topic is "Best bang for your buck", therefore a S1 would be a better bang for the buck then a CAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Seeley
turbo4life, are you related to lifeisdeath?
If you have nothing to offer the thread, other than your incredible ability to toss around inane opinions, please step up to the plate...
Dale
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodizapha13
The first night wasnt to bad. He had on all his clothes during back rub. It was the next day when he came out in a thong already oiled up that I had to call in Tim's help. He knows how to "handle" Dale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:01 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontMounted
My new goal because I only have enough money for the turbo kit. So the factory airbox and hose fits on an upgraded turbo?
Err, you could use a coupler but.....hell im not even gonna contribute, youll thank me later
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:06 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4life
What makes you think the stock AirBox isn't plenty sufficient already?. From what I heard a CAI is money lost that could be spent elsewhere.. PVO from what I have seen and heard designed a pretty damn good stock intake, and if I recall the title for this topic is "Best bang for your buck", therefore a S1 would be a better bang for the buck then a CAI.

A large turbo kit will utilize a true 3" mandrel bent intake way before it will benefit from a S1 ECU. BTW, i have both Have you ever looked at the accordian bend at the turbo or the 90 degree bend at the airbox that is actually kinked? You must also realize that Mopar made a production based intake, it would cause liability issues if they made every car from the factory with a CAI because dumbasses would intake water off the ground when it rained.

On the subject of s1 it does prevent you CEL from comming on with the BDJ's exhaust.....so not all is lost

post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:41 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-4sjf
A large turbo kit will utilize a true 3" mandrel bent intake way before it will benefit from a S1 ECU. BTW, i have both Have you ever looked at the accordian bend at the turbo or the 90 degree bend at the airbox that is actually kinked? You must also realize that Mopar made a production based intake, it would cause liability issues if they made every car from the factory with a CAI because dumbasses would intake water off the ground when it rained.

On the subject of s1 it does prevent you CEL from comming on with the BDJ's exhaust.....so not all is lost
I have the Psi-Fi intake, so I am not totally againt CAI's, I jus't dont think they are too great in the "Bang for your buck" category. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Seeley
turbo4life, are you related to lifeisdeath?
If you have nothing to offer the thread, other than your incredible ability to toss around inane opinions, please step up to the plate...
Dale
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodizapha13
The first night wasnt to bad. He had on all his clothes during back rub. It was the next day when he came out in a thong already oiled up that I had to call in Tim's help. He knows how to "handle" Dale.
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
SRTforums Member

Got a Question, I'm after 450-500 horse, now I have stage 2 and I just ordered agps turbo kit. Would it be better for me to get a return fuel line system or larger injectors? If I only need one or the other. I was going to try it on stage 2 injectors w/ a return fuel line setup, pump, and AFC but if I can do it w/ just a pump,injectors, and afc I will.

Mods: Agp 60-1 turbo, agp fmic, agp intake, rc750 injectors, tial bov, nx intercooler sprayer, nx direct port nitrous, mopar stage2, msd dis-4 ignition, bdj exhaust, greddy profec b, apex-i safc, 24/8/15 MT drags, and who knows what else.
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 07:02 PM
SRTforums Member

I have a question, I'm new to the performance game...........but were I am we have emission testing, are the steps given in this thread going to fail me when I get tested. Sorry for the lack in knowledge.
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:19 PM
SRTforums Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontMounted
I hope you're wrong lol I thought Stage 2 gave a better fuel map? I know you need the 750cc's. I heard stage 2 pulls timing earlier than stage 1 and 0. I guess Stage 2 was a waste of money. Well, aren't the 3.0 bar sensors necessary? What do the sensors help with on a new turbo kit?
But no one has even answered my question yet.

"It's for someone considering an Acura RSX, but actually wants some power" --Road & Track
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 11:33 AM
SRTforums Member

I thought it was odd that I'm not using any of the mods listed at the beginning of this thread yet I'm running high 12's at 106mph+ every pass. Total cost is < $400 without the tires. See sig for best time.

Not trying to knock the well thought out list (which I agree with), just thought it was funny

dunny
'03 SRT-4 12.774@106.09 - sold

'96 DOHC SC 11.822@118.82mph
318whp/313wtq @ 16psi
SRT-4 turbo powered

'98 R/T coupe
'03 Solar Yellow SXT - 17.199@78.48
'04 SXT Dakota CC 4x4
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 04:48 PM
SRTforums Member

still no answers?

Mods: Agp 60-1 turbo, agp fmic, agp intake, rc750 injectors, tial bov, nx intercooler sprayer, nx direct port nitrous, mopar stage2, msd dis-4 ignition, bdj exhaust, greddy profec b, apex-i safc, 24/8/15 MT drags, and who knows what else.
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTRobKY
Got a Question, I'm after 450-500 horse, now I have stage 2 and I just ordered agps turbo kit. Would it be better for me to get a return fuel line system or larger injectors? If I only need one or the other. I was going to try it on stage 2 injectors w/ a return fuel line setup, pump, and AFC but if I can do it w/ just a pump,injectors, and afc I will.
Just get 750's and no return line for now. I assure you it will work great, and you can always add a return line later if you think you need one. The S2 injectors with return line works OK but you'll make way more power with the 750's and no return. So just pump, injectors, and SAFC.
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 09:07 PM
SRTforums Member

thanks, I think stage 2 is turning out to be more of a waste every day.

post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

We hear that daily.
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 11:19 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
I have a question, I'm new to the performance game...........but were I am we have emission testing, are the steps given in this thread going to fail me when I get tested. Sorry for the lack in knowledge.

Can anyone help?
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 02:02 AM
SRTforums Member

i would also like to know if this kit will pass emissions inspection :-P
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 11:49 PM
SRTforums Member

is there any performance benfit to the WGA without the boost controller? I'd like to get it but I cant afford the controller right now and dont feel like dropping 150 dollars for 0-5hp increase.

http://www.myspace.com/ggray88
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode