LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gglaeser12 View Post
Just found this 15 minutes ago.
NAPA FTW.. part 90-547. 1/8th NPT Brass fitting that fits 1/4 hose labeled Tire Hardware. think it was $2.49. It fits the factory red hose "boot" perfect... and to think I paid $20 for the holley one..
I'm gonna make sure it screws into the AGP pipe in a few minutes.
G

Good find!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 AM
SRTforums Member

just bought one..installing this weekend!!

thanks for the info!

god made turbo lag to give v8s a chance!!

srt-4...loved by those who have/had one, hated by those who couldn't keep up
----------------------------------------------------
Stage 1, stage 2 injectors, borla cat back exhaust,eibachs, aem cai, cbd oemcarbon fibre hood and trunk/srt 4 spoiler combo, kaminari front lip, buddy club side and rear sections. 6000k hid, type s eyelids 18 inch gold roja formula 5s
7 inch dvd player
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Yeah, the lowes fitting I got was too large somehow..I'm heading to NAPA today for this thing finally..also stocking up on t-bolt clamps while I'm there

05' Flame SRT-4
Stage 2, ACT 6 puck w/ streetlite FW, SCT PRP, N2MB WOT/2-step, K&N CAI, Bwoody motor/trans mounts, AGP hardpipes w/ HKS BOV, MPx CC, NGK 4306's @ .34, Granatelli wires, Granatelli coil, 180 tstat, AGP WGA, Tein type S susp, AGP Valve cover breather, Maddog STS, MPx 3" turbo back, Carbon by design hood, Maxiim 17 inch rims, DCR 255 pump

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM

Careful with T-bolts. Teh pipes are aluminum and T-bolts could actually damage the pipe if you clamp it too tight in the wrong location.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AGP View Post
Careful with T-bolts. Teh pipes are aluminum and T-bolts could actually damage the pipe if you clamp it too tight in the wrong location.
I'm mostly using them to replace the clamps on the couplers that go to the intercooler. I have a hard time continually tightening my LHP coupler (again, on the intercooler side) all the time since that's a well-known leak. I don't really have a problem with the hose clamps that just hold the coupler to the pipe.

PLUS, NAPA only had 4 t-clamps, so they'll go in the "much needed" places for me.

Got the 1/8" NPT, it wouldn't go in the pipe 100% of the way, but it got pretty close. We'll see later when I get the tune on there and start it up.

05' Flame SRT-4
Stage 2, ACT 6 puck w/ streetlite FW, SCT PRP, N2MB WOT/2-step, K&N CAI, Bwoody motor/trans mounts, AGP hardpipes w/ HKS BOV, MPx CC, NGK 4306's @ .34, Granatelli wires, Granatelli coil, 180 tstat, AGP WGA, Tein type S susp, AGP Valve cover breather, Maddog STS, MPx 3" turbo back, Carbon by design hood, Maxiim 17 inch rims, DCR 255 pump
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

That NAPA 1/8" NPT fitting works OK. The boot does fit on it fine, but DEFINITELY ziptie it! Sounds like a no-brainer, but I skipped this step thinking I'd be OK for a couple of days till I had more energy to crawl under (for easier access) to ziptie it. Sure enough it blew off. That explains the weird whistle I heard earlier this morning at part throttle. Zip tied it.

05' Flame SRT-4
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
SRTforums Member

Same thing here. Funny, everywhere I go I'm finding these damn things for under 3 bucks- Pep Boys, Harbor Freight, Sears- anywhere that sells anything that has to do with pneumatic tools.

Once I ziptied mine, I had no issues.

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Here is my set up cost 75 cents and 2 zip ties

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:21 PM
SRTforums Member

You have no idea how badly I needed this information haha.
I'm having the exact same problem.

Just some bolt ons
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 03:52 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
so was the agp uhp thick enough to thred that 1/8th barbed fitting on? Did you use any thred plumers tape for the threds? Any chance you guys have any pics at all? I would love to see how you did it as im in the same situation as you. Some reason also I cant seem to get ipics to work on here so if you could so kindly, would you mind e-mail them to me at
jimmyt1981@live.ca
My plan was and I already bought all the parts was to drill a hole and weld a O2 Bung to the agp uhp and thred in the brass barbed fitting, but problem with that is that the pipe is aluminum and cant weld that to steel. Now ive also herd people saying JB weld and that kind of stuff but I know in time that stuff cracks and breaks off. So I wanted to just do what you guys diid. Drill a hole andI would guess that you tapped it?Or did yoou somehow just screw it in after drilling the hole?I don't remember readiing anything about tapping the hole to make threds to screw in the brass barbed fitting? Any help would be great.

Oh after hoooking up that RED LINE likee it should, did you feel any sort if differance in power or how the car performed or anything at all? Gas milage, etc......? You can also tryy to post them on here for other people to see as well. More pics the better.......

Mopar Stage 3 with toys with 47lb wheel and full port job on exhaust mani, 3inch o2 housing, QTP exhaust cut-out, AGP stg3 wastegate, AEM CAI, Port&Polished Intake Manifold, AGP Hard Pipes, HKS BOV,AGP FMIC, Injen Turbo Back 3inch Exhaust, Clutch Masters stage 3 Clutch, MADDOG 52% reduction short shifter, DiabloSport Trinity, Snow Performance Stage 2 water/meth injection, DC front and rear strut bars, Hotchkis front/rear swaybars, 62mm TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode