AGP UHP 1/8" NPT fitting? - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AGP UHP 1/8" NPT fitting?

Hey guys. Having a little trouble finding exactly what I need here.

I have the AGP UHP w/ HKS BOV. It's all installed and working great, but I've decided to setup the vacuum lines to (mostly) their stock configuration in preparation for my SCT PRP. In order to do this, I need to run the red line. I know I need a "1/8" NPT pipe fitting", but I find all kinds of fittings that could almost fit this description, so I'm unsure exactly what I need.

Found a couple that look promising..

Holley Performance Products Brass Hose Connection Adapter*16244NOS

Pipe Fitting 1/8 NPT x 0.25 Straight Hose Barb

NOS 16244ANOS Pipe Fitting Brass Hose Connection Adapter 1/8 NPT - 0.25 Hose

Am I on the right track? Seems like a simple thing, but I want to make sure before I order anything.

05' Flame SRT-4
Stage 2, ACT 6 puck w/ streetlite FW, SCT PRP, N2MB WOT/2-step, K&N CAI, Bwoody motor/trans mounts, AGP hardpipes w/ HKS BOV, MPx CC, NGK 4306's @ .34, Granatelli wires, Granatelli coil, 180 tstat, AGP WGA, Tein type S susp, AGP Valve cover breather, Maddog STS, MPx 3" turbo back, Carbon by design hood, Maxiim 17 inch rims, DCR 255 pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM
SRTforums Member

I have the Holley one (bought from that same link) in my garage. Never put it on, but I *think* it's the right one. I'll try to check Monday on my day off.

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglaeser12 View Post
I have the Holley one (bought from that same link) in my garage. Never put it on, but I *think* it's the right one. I'll try to check Monday on my day off.
I'd appreciate it greatly..

05' Flame SRT-4
Stage 2, ACT 6 puck w/ streetlite FW, SCT PRP, N2MB WOT/2-step, K&N CAI, Bwoody motor/trans mounts, AGP hardpipes w/ HKS BOV, MPx CC, NGK 4306's @ .34, Granatelli wires, Granatelli coil, 180 tstat, AGP WGA, Tein type S susp, AGP Valve cover breather, Maddog STS, MPx 3" turbo back, Carbon by design hood, Maxiim 17 inch rims, DCR 255 pump

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
2011 Calendar Car

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Dont they have these kind of things at Home Depot or Lowes?

I remember the days of...

...most of you weren't born yet.

|| Mod List || RIP Mod List || (Re)Build Thread ||
|| Blog || Mr. November #3 ||
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM

To put a nipple in the pipe, you jsut need a 1/8" NPT fitting that adapts to the hose barb size for the vacuum line you plan to run.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AGP View Post
To put a nipple in the pipe, you jsut need a 1/8" NPT fitting that adapts to the hose barb size for the vacuum line you plan to run.
Thanks. Just wanted to double check. I'll head to lowes and check their selection out. If not I'll just order online.

05' Flame SRT-4
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Home Depot has them.

WEBSITE | EMAIL | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | 480-983-6083
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
SRTforums Member

Sorry it took so long to reply.
Like I said I ordered the first one from Holley. It threads into the pipe, however the 3/16th barb end is too small for the factory "90 degree boot" on the red vacuum line. If you snip the red line and slide a spare piece of vac line over it, you can use that brass fitting. If you are dead set on keeping the factory lines factory you will need the same thread but with a bigger barb. I would assume like the other two links you posted.
My local Homo Depot and Lowes did not have the 1/8 NPT thread but offered to order them.
Then again, my local HD also "can't" cut plywood, Don't seem to have the correct toilet handle, and suggested I put 5 6x8 wood fence panels on top of my Expedition.
Hope it works out for you.
G

Last edited by gglaeser12; 05-11-2010 at 07:20 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Sorry it took so long to reply.
Like I said I ordered the first one from Holley. It threads into the pipe, however the 3/16th barb end is too small for the factory "90 degree boot" on the red vacuum line. If you snip the red line and slide a spare piece of vac line over it, you can use that brass fitting. If you are dead set on keeping the factory lines factory you will need the same thread but with a bigger barb. I would assume like the other two links you posted.
My local Homo Depot and Lowes did not have the 1/8 NPT thread but offered to order them.
Then again, my local HD also "can't" cut plywood, Don't seem to have the correct toilet handle, and suggested I put 5 6x8 wood fence panels on top of my Expedition.
Hope it works out for you.
G
Wow, Home Depot FTL.

I'll try and snap a pic next time at Home depot for a fitting that will fit. Another place you could check is a local industrial hydrolic shop. They will have NPT to tube/barb connectors.

WEBSITE | EMAIL | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | 480-983-6083
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

I knew the 1/8" NPT would fit in the threads, but that barb is the part I was concerned about. Thanks for checking gglaeser..

I'd ideally like to leave the boot on there (just incase I ever need to return to stock completely). I'm off tomorrow and will head out to see what I can find. I'll probably bring the red line with me just to make it easier.

Thanks ben..if I get there before you do I'll snap one and post here for others.

05' Flame SRT-4
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Went to home depot and got the 1/8" NPT to 3/16"..definitely too small as said before, but that's all they had. I put a piece of 7/32" (I think?) vacuum hose over the barb, zip tied it, and put a step-down connector in the end of that, then the stock red line over that..not the cleanest method but it should work fine.

I'm only using it as a temporary fix, I can now verify that ideally you want 1/8" NPT x 1/4" barb. The second and third links I posted should work fine. I'll be ordering one of them, and use my temp workaround in the meantime. Took a pic, will post in a few.

Edit: Sent the pic to my e-mail from my phone, it's taking forever to arrive. I'll post it later..

05' Flame SRT-4

Last edited by Mrock; 05-13-2010 at 02:29 PM.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 AM
SRTforums Member

Just found this 15 minutes ago.
NAPA FTW.. part 90-547. 1/8th NPT Brass fitting that fits 1/4 hose labeled Tire Hardware. think it was $2.49. It fits the factory red hose "boot" perfect... and to think I paid $20 for the holley one..
I'm gonna make sure it screws into the AGP pipe in a few minutes.
G

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just found this 15 minutes ago.
NAPA FTW.. part 90-547. 1/8th NPT Brass fitting that fits 1/4 hose labeled Tire Hardware. think it was $2.49. It fits the factory red hose "boot" perfect... and to think I paid $20 for the holley one..
I'm gonna make sure it screws into the AGP pipe in a few minutes.
G
Nice! Thanks. I was going to be lazy and order a $15 one I found online, really glad I didn't. Good lookin' out

05' Flame SRT-4
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:14 PM
SRTforums Member

Fits perfect. Well as perfect as the plug that I pulled out of the AGP pipe. I say that cause the plug sits flush with that "bung" it's in, however it's only a few threads deep. You'll see what I mean when you pull that plug out. I didn't tighten that brass fitting too much for fear of cross threading the thing. Seems to be working well.

Only bad thing about NAPA is their hours on Sunday. Good luck man.

G

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Fits perfect. Well as perfect as the plug that I pulled out of the AGP pipe. I say that cause the plug sits flush with that "bung" it's in, however it's only a few threads deep. You'll see what I mean when you pull that plug out. I didn't tighten that brass fitting too much for fear of cross threading the thing. Seems to be working well.

Only bad thing about NAPA is their hours on Sunday. Good luck man.

G
It's all good, I'm stuck at work till this evening anyways! Appreciate checking for me. I'll pick one up my next day off and get it hooked up hopefully.

05' Flame SRT-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode