would this be fixable? - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Visual/Body Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88094

how things have changed...

stage 2 w/toys, full borla exhaust, fmic, hks bov,agp wga...
nor11384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 63771

Having literally just done something similar to this, I can tell you that $125 is cheap for the amount of work that hood will require if your body guy does a quality job. But I would highly recommend viewing a carbon hood that he has refinished before having him work on yours to see if you approve of his work.

Your hood will not be perfect from all angles. The result you will get, if done correctly, will be a nice smooth top coat that will reflect light nicely and should make the hood look new again from a distance. As you get closer and start seeing light reflecting off of the carbon instead of the top coat is when you will be able to see the imperfections that were covered up by the new clear coat.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88421

600 sounds about right if they did all the work, I have a local body shop that lets me tear it down and do the prep work and it really knocks the price down when I have paintwork done.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by DickSRT View Post
Having literally just done something similar to this, I can tell you that $125 is cheap for the amount of work that hood will require if your body guy does a quality job. But I would highly recommend viewing a carbon hood that he has refinished before having him work on yours to see if you approve of his work.

Your hood will not be perfect from all angles. The result you will get, if done correctly, will be a nice smooth top coat that will reflect light nicely and should make the hood look new again from a distance. As you get closer and start seeing light reflecting off of the carbon instead of the top coat is when you will be able to see the imperfections that were covered up by the new clear coat.

well the hood as it sits now takes a lot away from the car...it looks horrible...I figured for $125 ill do it if at least it will take all the fading and peeling away...when you look at it the first thing you see is white spots from the fading and peeling...I know it won't be perfect but I can't buy another hood...I wish I had the stock one...I'd throw it on and call it a day...

Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

well, I dropped off the hood today and he said the same thing...he said youll still b able to see the cracks from certain angles only they wont look whitish like they do now...everything will be nice and shiny of course since it wil be freshly cleared...I went ahead and did it so lets see how it turns out...shop was big and had some nice cars which were being prepped for paint...also, he said he would paint my bumper for $150...

Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90539

Quote: Originally Posted by nor11384 View Post
well, I dropped off the hood today and he said the same thing...he said youll still b able to see the cracks from certain angles only they wont look whitish like they do now...everything will be nice and shiny of course since it wil be freshly cleared...I went ahead and did it so lets see how it turns out...shop was big and had some nice cars which were being prepped for paint...also, he said he would paint my bumper for $150...

Hope it turns out good, for that cheap i woulda risked it aswell
MasonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

thanx man...lets see...he said tomorrow evening or day after...ill post some pics when I get it...

Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

check it out guys...you could still see the cracks but it came out damn good for what it is...worth the $125 imo...also he said if it ever gets messed up again to take it back and he'll redo it no worries...the guy is cool...he knows I wanted to paint my front bumper because the prevous owner did the evo mod and I don't like it and he got the paint code from my car and says if he gets a silver dodge that uses the same paint he'd hook me up and paint it for free because he knows im a bit...well...broke right now...good guy...

Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 81126
Default Re: would this be fixable?

Looks good.allot better than those cracks did
jdmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 85871
Default would this be fixable?

Looks 1000x times better

Sent from

12.79 @108.23
KillaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

yeah it has it's little issues but I knew it wasn't gonn be perfect...I'm happy though

Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 10522
Lifetime Premium Member

Hell of a deal. Looks real nice.

I just had my front bumper repainted and repaired. He fixed a 2 inch crack under the bottom and filled in all the holes for the fog surrounds. $500 for all of it. Totally worth it. Looks better than new.

11.21@127.88
Zenkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 54334

wow.. What a nice paint guy you have!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Lay
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 41690

Quote: Originally Posted by nor11384 View Post
check it out guys...you could still see the cracks but it came out damn good for what it is...worth the $125 imo...also he said if it ever gets messed up again to take it back and he'll redo it no worries...the guy is cool...he knows I wanted to paint my front bumper because the prevous owner did the evo mod and I don't like it and he got the paint code from my car and says if he gets a silver dodge that uses the same paint he'd hook me up and paint it for free because he knows im a bit...well...broke right now...good guy...

The hood looks good for the price. What is the name of the shop?
Lay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

u know...I went there and I didn't catch the name...I found it on tamparacing.com...he's on there...he's an admin...the shop is in Clearwater...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement