Rear 1/4 idea - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Visual/Body Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 759
Default 1/4 idea.

Quote: Originally Posted by BostonSRT View Post
I'm so confused how this all started. Lol

Lets just say that a person does not have anything better to do then talk out of they're 4 point of contact, ALL THE TIME..

Now to get back to original topic. I would like to look at this idea to of course get bigger rubber under the car, like I mentioned earlier. I am not totally against the idea of using flares like doug(1lapsrt4) or DICKSRT but, I personally would rather the body of the car look like it does not have any ad ons, if you know what I mean.

I already did some sight modding to the body of my car and did gain a good amout of clearance just by streatching the front and rear fenders.

But like I said, it is jsut an idea I am looking at. And why not use BTCC cars as referance.
manny z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87361

looks good man, nice to see someone trying somthing diff even after 10years of srt4s. what size rim and tire is your goal???? and are your still going to mold in the stock skirts???

Rockin' Rage Tek Parts & Tune FTMFW
deluxe_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 63771

I will be doing something very similar to this as well. However, as of right now, I don't think my design will incorporate any changes to the rear doors or side skirts. My quarter flares are a temporary fix so that I was able to drive my car once spring came last year. I get snow and freezing temperatures here so I don't have the luxury of driving my car year round, so I wanted to make sure I had it drivable as soon as the snow was gone. I know we discussed this briefly before Manny, but with the help of a local friend, I will be fabricating a new wider quarter panel for my car. We haven't started yet as I have been extremely busy and have also been working on other areas of the car, but hopefully this time next year we'll be hitting it hard to try to knock it out before spring again.

On a side note, in my searches I found some pictures of a guy who did something similar to this to a regular neon. His reason for doing this was purely for aesthetics, but regardless, the end result provides the same functionality. I'll dig through my stuff and if I find the pictures I will post them up for you.

Last edited by DickSRT; 01-07-2013 at 03:45 PM.
DickSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 63771

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the car, and I will definitely be doing things differently, but at least this throws an idea out there...

Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Default rear 1/4 idea

Quote: Originally Posted by DickSRT View Post
I will be doing something very similar to this as well. However, as of right now, I don't think my design will incorporate any changes to the rear doors or side skirts. My quarter flares are a temporary fix so that I was able to drive my car once spring came last year. I get snow and freezing temperatures here so I don't have the luxury of driving my car year round, so I wanted to make sure I had it drivable as soon as the snow was gone. I know we discussed this briefly before Manny, but with the help of a local friend, I will be fabricating a new wider quarter panel for my car. We haven't started yet as I have been extremely busy and have also been working on other areas of the car, but hopefully this time next year we'll be hitting it hard to try to knock it out before spring again.

On a side note, in my searches I found some pictures of a guy who did something similar to this to a regular neon. His reason for doing this was purely for aesthetics, but regardless, the end result provides the same functionality. I'll dig through my stuff and if I find the pictures I will post them up for you.

Yes I have seen this neon before also. I remember LILspakplug posting on here some years back when there was a discussion on body mods.

I do like this idea, it pretty close to what I would like to do, minus that rear bumper on that neon.8 I like you am going to wait until the weather gets better. Right now since I just got my car on the ground, and running, I am going to be content with driving the thing when there is no rain. After sitting in the garage on jack stands for 3 years..

On the rear idea, I would like for it to go with what I did to my front fenders. If I do attack this, I am sure I will get a 1/4 panel from dodge, and start from there. Take the section that I mod and graft onto the car.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRTotM Moderator

Member Number: 78946

Manny Im sure you'll come up with something that will work well.... All of your stuff is stupid sick

Huge Thanks to Kevin Warren For.. Many many things

MAP EF4 stock block, stock head
452whp on EMS at 26 psi
100&92 octane mix

Fully built long block and big numbers coming!
Bad98rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Default 1/4 idea

Quote: Originally Posted by Bad98rt View Post
Manny Im sure you'll come up with something that will work well.... All of your stuff is stupid sick

Well thank you sir. I just want to make one thing known. I just want my car to look like a wider version then it is, if that makes sence. I will be honest, I don't think I will be going as wide as Doug AKA 1lapsrt, or DICKSRT. Only time will tell but I will make it look very taistful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement