plasti dip srt4 hood roof and trunk help - Page 6 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Visual/Body Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84215

Quote: Originally Posted by steellittledude View Post
As much as 80k sucks I think it's pretty typical these days with tuition payments going up and federal aid going down. And with the fact that a bachelors degree doesn't carry as much weight as it used to people are having to pay their way through multiple degrees.

X2. Too me, a BA is what an AA use to be; everyone has one. Hence why so many people are in debt obtaining multiple degrees.

OP, do as you please. At the end of the day you must live with what you have.
-Will- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #77 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86510

plastidipping your WHOLE car or MOST of it is just plain dumb, id have it wrapped then or wrap your hood n trunk. i only did the plastidip evo mod cuz i liked how it looked and i have so much rock chip i wanted to cover it up. went the cheap route since i couldnt afford to have it professionally painted since they want $950 just to paint the bumper. now im looking to take off the plastidip but its being a PITA. im eventually going with a cf hood since the stock hood is rock chipped hella bad. but my opinion is my opinion, people will do whatever they want to their car since its what they like.
Cali_Ging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #78 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87362

Quote: Originally Posted by gunnarsilversrt4 View Post
why is everyone on here so fucking rude.... sorry i have a question and maybe wanna save some money on mods sorry im a college student that bought a 9k dollar car and now has 80k in loans all you fucking srt4 white trash owners that spend 20k in mods and live in a fucking trailer or an apartment go get your priorities straight.

Agreed, I'm in the same.boat, but still.enjoy working on the car and just doing different things to it just to have things to do. I was reading and people really are being pretty rude..
scoobySRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 48750

Just respect the car for what it is OP, if you want to try stuff like this honestly get into model cars or somethhing, but to ruin $2,000 in a trunk, hood and roof just to look like cf seems insane. go buy the real thing save for it. earn it you are in school you should know what hard work is. thats a 9k dollar treasure you have man dont ruin thats what everyone is trying to say.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #80 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 41414

College is for people who have no common sense and do things like plastic dipping their cars and then make any excuse to justify their stupidity.Yeah some of us are rude on here because most of you dont listen to common sense,Maybe you should save us taxpayers money and not go to college and fix you car properly.I see a default in this student loan already.
Duster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #81 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 75042

Quote: Originally Posted by Duster71 View Post
College is for people who have no common sense and do things like plastic dipping their cars and then make any excuse to justify their stupidity.Yeah some of us are rude on here because most of you dont listen to common sense,Maybe you should save us taxpayers money and not go to college and fix you car properly.I see a default in this student loan already.

Harsh

Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #82 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3140

i seen plasti dip roof and other parts, looked very nice and i would never tell it was p;asti dip, also removes easy
Nariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #83 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87576

Don't do it man, save your coin do something different, by an amp or 2. Do some reg maintenance that hasn't been done, ppl sometimes forget your car does need routine maintenance.
tylerbeaudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #84 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86078

I sadly almost plasti dipped my roof too because i was bored and had 2 more cans left over after i got done doing the cross hairs.

But never did it because i have the shark fin things on the top by rear window.And my girl said it would be gay looking.

2005 Dodge Neon Srt-4 = (Stuff).
1999 Chevy Camaro z28 = Ls3 Swapped,Heads & Cam/Intake, Full exhaust/ Suspension.
bonethugsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #85 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 36794

Quote: Originally Posted by bonethugsrt View Post
I sadly almost plasti dipped my roof too because i was bored and had 2 more cans left over after i got done doing the cross hairs.

But never did it because i have the shark fin things on the top by rear window.And my girl said it would be gay looking.

Smart girl! Marry her now!!

Nunca Levanta
A Lotta turbo! Small motor! And a Go Pedal!!

Lets re-grow the community! Subscribe to: www.elralforacingmedia.com
Rhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #86 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90686

Well, I'd plasti dip my whole car, and already plan to when it warms up, it can't be that stupid if people in lambos, and GTR's are doing it eh?
MNsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #87 (permalink)
SRTForums Member
2011 Calendar Car

SRT of the Month wannabe

Member Number: 70066

Quote: Originally Posted by MNsrt4 View Post
Well, I'd plasti dip my whole car, and already plan to when it warms up, it can't be that stupid if people in lambos, and GTR's are doing it eh?

no its still pretty stupid....

1999 Plymouth Neon = SOLD
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 = SOLD
2014 Scion FRS = current
whiteSRT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #88 (permalink)
Lav
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79804

If done right, it CAN look decent ....that being said, if you go to home depot and pick up 5 plasti dip spray cans and go to town on your car, it will look like shit .

Im not gonna sit here and bash you all day, do whatever you want to do, but the keyword here is PREPWORK! prep , prep and prep again , use a degreaser and paint cleaner , make sure youre in a clean area free of dust/bugs , and cover up anything you dont want painted with newspaper.
Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91773

I agree that a large percentage of people on the site are assholes. If it isnt just like their car its junk or your an idiot. I say do whatever makes you happy. If you like it cool. If we think it looks terrible then it just makes our cars look better! So i dont see why everyone gets all pissy about people doing cheap mods to their cars.

Like previously said. PREP!!! Best advice i have seen. As with paint or any mods it can only be as good as your prep work. Id leave the roof like it is. I have once got the idea to do hood, roof and trunk. But when you actually see it done it loses its appeal. Keep it clean. You will thank people later.