Dodge SRT Forum banner

Just something I've been working on...

62K views 340 replies 102 participants last post by  TurboWhips 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my work in progress. I still have quite a ways to go, but I thought I would share my latest wrenching. Constructive criticism and friendly comments are welcome. If you're intentions are negative, don't post, thank you.

*EDIT: The most current pics are on page 15...

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry, as of right now, unfortunately not. Those are from my iPhone in my poorly lit, barely heated garage. There will be much better photos once it's warmer out and I can actually get the car out of the garage in the spring. I'm in northern Minnesota and it was -6 F when I took those pictures.

#7 ·
Are those still the stock fenders you stretched out? And if you do the rear, it is going to looks that much better. looks good so far.
Thank you. Those are DCR fiberglass fenders. I'm not sure if I got a warped set or if they really just require that much work to install, but it's been quite the journey so far... And those are 285/30ZR18's under those fenders... :eveilgrin I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the rear yet. As of now, I'm thinking that I will end up fiberglassing my own bolt on flares, but I'm open to suggestions and ideas...

#15 ·
It has Megan Racing coil overs, it will be lowered back down approximately 2 inches once I'm done. I had to raise it up for the initial wheel fitment because they stick out so far.

This is after the wheels were mounted, but before I got the fenders.

#18 ·
its what it should have come with from the factory. :eveilgrin

#19 · (Edited)
Quick question on this, and I am not just asking the op, would the stock hubs be sufficient to support wheels and tires this wide? I think I recall Doug had a problem with one of his stock hubs cracking quite a bit from the stress and I believe that is back when he had his oz superleggeras which were only 8 in wide with I think 255's. Or was that the result of something else?

#23 ·
As far as I remember, Doug was running a full slick on his car. Not to mention the hubs on his car see extreme track abuse. Check out some pics of him in action, he's cornering so hard that his inside wheels will sometimes lift off the track. That won't be the case for this car. Although it may see a track event once or twice a year, this is primarily going to be a street car and will not be competing seriously.

#30 ·
Jebus Broke , give it a rest . If you think 205s are fine , well then good for you . I too want more contact patch . When traction gets hard to find in third gear , it makes sense . I suppose a big turbo is as unnecessary as bigger tires ? And the stock suspension is all you need , right ?

We all decide how to mod our cars , individually . If you want to be part of a car community that requires absolute conformity , I suggest the euro scene .

#32 ·
LOLLLL are you serious Apex? I just said it wasn't OEM. Dodge didn't have a stage3 kit on the NSRT-4 when it rolled out onto the lot. That's all I'm saying. Just like it wasn't equipped with 245's. I'm saying at 250whp, 245's would've been overkill....that's it. Upwards of 300hp, you will see me running 245's. So pull your panties down and let your nuts breathe.

#39 ·
That's right, we are. But it sounds like we can agree to disagree! :thumbsup: Maybe we can agree on something else, like what the hell I'm going to have to do with the ass end of my car... DCR doesn't have wide body rear quarters...:rofl:

#46 ·
Personally I think it looks wicked. And to add to the 205 tire debate here. I only have intake needswings catted downpipe with qtp cutout and a tune and my tires blow off with bbg set thus far to 18 psi in 2nd gear and 24.75 in 3rd. 1-2nd is pointless and 3 and 4th will chirp my puny 205 falken tires

#48 ·
Thanks! :thumbsup: I'm hoping to have the front end finished up this weekend if possible. And if I can accomplish that I'll fire her up and back her outta the garage to try to get a little better pictures, weather permitting of course. She's dirty so they won't be the best but it will at least give you guys an overall perspective.

#59 · (Edited)
Here's a few more pics of the front as promised... Sorry about the quality, again, just iPhone pics. Theres just too much snow for me to pull her out and get decent pics. The front end is pretty much done besides tidying up a few things here and there. She looks massive in person...though I would hope so considering she's a lil over 4 inches wider than stock :eveilgrin I can't wait to get the rear done and lower her back down! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

#60 ·
dam that looks sick man. what wheels are those? i always thought the front of our cars looked like a mean mugged face but your car is smiling now with big cheeks haha

#62 ·
Thanks! They're 18x9.5 inch Rota DPT's in matte black. They're my test wheels for until I get everything set up just the way I want it. After that (a long ways in the future likely) I'll likely be selling these and ordering a set of matte black CCW's for her...

#65 ·
Thanks man. The rear is going to require a considerable amount of more work than the front however, so unfortunately there might not be any updates for awhile now. But I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as I progress through it. I have to start working on my Ti exhaust system soon as well :eveilgrin

#74 ·
My initial idea of glassing over the front fenders for a template doesn't seem like its going to work the best. The curvature where the front of the fender meets the front bumper doesn't have enough of a flare. I laid up a single layer and pulled it off to see what I had to work with. And although I could probably make it work, I think it's just going to end up being too time consuming for such a simple piece. My idea as of late is going to probably be ABS plastic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.