Full car vinyl wrap - Page 3 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Visual/Body Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88110

Quote: Originally Posted by Lav View Post
Yea but you guys are comparing a professionally done vinyl wrap vs someone whos never done anything like it before in his garage , hell i know if I tried to do a vinyl wrap id end up going through 5 times as much vinyl trying to wrap the damn thing, not to mention the front bumper....

Yea it CAN look good, if done RIGHT

I'm not a professional, but mine looks perfect. In my garage. I used a hair dryer and a pack of razor blades.

Me and my brother plastidipped his civic orange. I mean its nice looking, and no skill is needed, at all. But my car looks like it was almost painted professionally, you can tell his is plastidip.
boostingbackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by SRT4Delta46 View Post
So when you guys did this did you also put the vinyl wrap everywhere like the door inside to match the out?

Seems like a good way to change the color of my car.

I did my door jambs, I didn't do underhood. But my car is black, so you can't really tell anyways if your not paying attention.
I wrapped a 3series that was red in matte green, THAT was noticable, so we had to wrap everything. But wrapping a car for 5-700 vs 3k for a halfway decent paint, the answer is clear for those with a budget who just want a cool looking car to people without a magnifying glass.

Srt4kta thank you!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #33 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 80589

Quote: Originally Posted by boostingbackwards View Post
I did my door jambs, I didn't do underhood. But my car is black, so you can't really tell anyways if your not paying attention.
I wrapped a 3series that was red in matte green, THAT was noticable, so we had to wrap everything. But wrapping a car for 5-700 vs 3k for a halfway decent paint, the answer is clear for those with a budget who just want a cool looking car to people without a magnifying glass.

Srt4kta thank you!

My car is black too. I was thinking of skipping the jams. I am looking to go with the Black brushed metal. I wanted to go with a brushed steel but after seeing it I think I would have to do under the hood and door jams.

Here is a shot of the samples I got. I need to take one of the black. This one is the brushed steel.
Full car vinyl wrap-imageuploadedbyautoguide1355665268.252589.jpg

Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Full car vinyl wrap-imageuploadedbyautoguide1355665538.556592.jpg
Here is the brushed black next to the flat black. I am going to play around with the combinations a bit more.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76991

bump.. I think the wrap is super clean
Danthe240dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
Lav
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79804

Idk, after looking at videos on how to do this , i doubt ill be able to do it myself , specially since i dont have a second person to help me. I rather get a cheap paint job and re do it every few years if i need to at this point.
Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #37 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 89906

I want to wrap my car too.. My only concern is, I have PERFECT paint.. and i do not want it to be damaged after i removed the wrap. I want to do matte white. My car is flame red... i have to many tickets. White is easier to keep clean. any links to one with matte white?
Chrisproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86725

It looks awesome, like matte black on a gloss black car is fine. You really can't tell in the engine bay or door jambs.

White over Red, shit son you better pack a lunch, that's going to be a hell of a job. Unless you skimp on the jambs and engine bay, which at that point it's going to look hacked.

Forward Motion E1, LCR ported & polished manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate. Powered by: E-85

Tuned by Dave, aka Duster360
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Chris if you have perfect paint. Just don't do it. When I bought my car every single panel had a ding, or a crease, or something, and the paint looked like a litter of kittens was born on top of the car with iron nails. I had to repair all the dents and decide. 3k on paint or 400 on vinyl.

I envy the clean look that perfect srt4s have, I want nothing more in the world than an eblue with acr stripes... But they also get butthurt about me having race car stance. So its all perspective.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86725

When I bought my car every single panel had a ding, or a crease, or something, and the paint looked like a litter of kittens was born on top of the car with iron nails.

That's signature worthy right there.

Forward Motion E1, LCR ported & polished manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate. Powered by: E-85

Tuned by Dave, aka Duster360
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ill quote myself in my own signature. I'm just an arrogant srt4 owner like that.
Also I wear my flatbill hat backwards and listen to only terrible techno.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 77913
Lifetime Premium Member

Been thinking of doing this myself, haven't decided on a color yet though.

Follow me on instagram @full_spool
SickSRTAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Carbon fiber wrap.
Because race car
Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90309

I have been thinking about wrapping the roof of my nsrt. I have an OB with a carbon hood and a black trunk. What do you guys think I should use to wrapping it? A black carbon fiber or just black??

2005 Stage 3 Orange Blast SRT4 ACR
2005 Flame Red SRT4 ACR
2006 Roush Stage 3 F150 Champion Edition
pco1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Chris if you have perfect paint. Just don't do it. When I bought my car every single panel had a ding, or a crease, or something, and the paint looked like a litter of kittens was born on top of the car with iron nails. I had to repair all the dents and decide. 3k on paint or 400 on vinyl.

I envy the clean look that perfect srt4s have, I want nothing more in the world than an eblue with acr stripes... But they also get butthurt about me having race car stance. So its all perspective.

That is why I am doing mine. The car was keyed before I got it...

Advertisement