.eps to .dst file conversion for embroidery - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Visual/Body Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 2019
Default .eps to .dst file conversion for embroidery

Im interested in getting a SRT-4 logo embroidered into my seats. I would like to get it done locally. Problem is I only have a vector graphic .eps file for the logo. Ive gone to a couple embroidery shops and they want to charge $80 to convert the .eps file to a .dst file that the embroidery machine can use. They say the cost is for a digital artist and a make up fee. Im no expert but dont they just convert and size the .eps file with some software???
Can anyone help me out here that knows something about the embroidery biz? How difficult is it to convert the .eps to .dst? Can I do this myself, or does anyone have this done, and are willing to share?
Im told that the actual stitching is $10 per seat, Id rather only spend $20 than $100.

Thanks,

BTW I did search and found very little on the specifics of the file formats.
RSchyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2005, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 14061

A buddy of mine had a simular problem and just downloaded a free embroidery program from www.Imesh.com which could convert the file types...He nor I know anything about specific formats...

Since you're taking off the seat covers you should consider getting heated seat pads before you put the seat covers back on...

Bacardi 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 11411

[QUOTE=RSchyns]Im no expert but dont they just convert and size the .eps file with some software???QUOTE]

No. You have to edit the file using the software. If not it would look like dookie.

If you want quality work, you're going to pay a quality price. Sorry...

Tuned by Aaronneon of REALTUNE PERFORMANCE

What's a warranty?...
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 11483

Looks like you just need to find a shop that is willing to work out a deal. I just had a bunch of shirts made up yesterday and I just brought in a picture on a disc. No set up fees or any other fees for that matter, just the cost for the actual embroidery. All this was done in under 45 minutes. So what I'm trying to say is that the shop is trying to line their pockets, because there is no considerable work involved putting something like that together.
mille_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement