Infineon Raceway with NASA on March 10th! - Page 5 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Racing Discussion > Autocross/Road Racing

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #61 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 69617
Lifetime Premium Member

Drive on down Doug! I am sure it wouldnt take that long at 167MPH!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 1564

Quote: Originally Posted by srt4geezer View Post
Good news Simon...You didn't miss anything.
They are having these events all the time. Virtually any weekend you can find an event to go to.

Thanks Jason. Yeah I know. Probably a boring procession, right?

I like all motor sports, but I love the NHRA Pro Meets. I've been to many of the road course circuits in England to watch Motocycle Racing before I came to America when I was 19 (too long ago). That includes Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Snetterton, and yes, the local track at Darley Moore in Derbyshire where many of my fellow Rolls-Royce Apprentices would race. We also used to go to a Speedway Cinder Track course (I think we call is Flat Track here) in nearby Nottingham. Quite a trip on my old 1956 AJS 350 single with no lights!

Point is, nowhere in Europe do they have 8,000 HP Funny Cars like we have here. It really is quite astonishing to be standing near those guys and feel the pressure wave going through you when they do a burnout. All for a mere $60 too. Plus about $20 for Thunder Alley access which is always fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 69617
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by manny z View Post
I would rather go to Thunder Hill..

Me too! Plus its closer!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I would rather go to Thunder Hill..

Gee Manny, you should raise your sights a wee bit and try a Z06. Yeah I know, it's "Chevy". But it's got all the right bits and pieces for you and all the road course peeps. Just needs a little attention to the back-end. You know, the diffuser. Just install a real one, not a "parachute, but one like those you were talking about for the NSRT a few years back. Voila - a Z06 that handles and waaaaaay more power than any NSRT could manage reliably Yeah I know, it's a "Chevy"...but still ...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 759
Default track car

Quote: Originally Posted by Simon.Starkie View Post
Gee Manny, you should raise your sights a wee bit and try a Z06. Yeah I know, it's "Chevy". But it's got all the right bits and pieces for you and all the road course peeps. Just needs a little attention to the back-end. You know, the diffuser. Just install a real one, not a "parachute, but one like those you were talking about for the NSRT a few years back. Voila - a Z06 that handles and waaaaaay more power than any NSRT could manage reliably Yeah I know, it's a "Chevy"...but still ...

Thanks for the sudj Stark but, if I had that kind of money again, I would def get a 2008 viper ACR. I did have the privlidge to work on, and mod a 2006 black z06 that a good freind owned. Did a test day at t hill. ran strong but, would rather have the viper..

I am doing this to my srt-4 cause, that is what I could afford right now. Once I get out of school, and start making money again, I will finish my 750 hp charger, and who knows what..
manny z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Thanks for the sudj Stark but, if I had that kind of money again, I would def get a 2008 viper ACR. I did have the privlidge to work on, and mod a 2006 black z06 that a good freind owned. Did a test day at t hill. ran strong but, would rather have the viper..

I am doing this to my srt-4 cause, that is what I could afford right now. Once I get out of school, and start making money again, I will finish my 750 hp charger, and who knows what..

Cool. I'm in the poor house too. Looking for an English Bully actually. But I do like these obscure little subcompacts, especially when they kick the respective asses of those long snout exotics from Europe...or even the good old USA. The Z06 is still the greatest bang for the buck weekend warrior "drivers" car. And with so many "rich old toupee floppers" driving them, you could really clean up if you offered them a real diffuser. What's wrong with that? Nobody else is.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Just curious, why do you prefer a 2008 Viper ACR over a later model?
Pardon me for seeming to be nosy
Just curious
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 759
Default acr year

Well for one, first year of the re-release of this car. And 2, this is.the only year it came out in my favorite color for this car, all black, with the red single stripe.
manny z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #69 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Well for one, first year of the re-release of this car. And 2, this is.the only year it came out in my favorite color for this car, all black, with the red single stripe.

Thanks Manny.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #70 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 4232

Yep, that is a sexy look!

http://www.youtube.com/dcsax1
dcsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement