Dodge SRT Forum banner

New guy in Nebraska

607 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jcorkin 
#1 ·
I was looking at getting a new daily driver a couple of weeks ago as my truck isnt the best on gas. So i went on the search and came across my new 2005 srt4. I just got it last night so I have been able to look into everything yet bet plan to soon. Im not new to performance cars as I do have a 1990 z51 corvette with a good amount of work done to it and a mildly built 1999 z28. I was wanting to get a car with good gas mileage but not boring so went this route. Im already craving more power and traction out of it(it was wet out last night).
Anyways im pretty new to turbo cars and going to be looking for some advice.

Im looking to get her up to about 300whp and call it good. So now on to what I was told about the car, dont know exactly all what is true yet or if more has been done to it.

I know it has a cai, 34mm bov, 3" catback exhaust, and larger intercooler. Previous owner also stated it has a BMFI fuel pump but havent verified that yet. It also has tein springs on it, 2" drop i believe.

It appears to be boosting up to 18psi and holds around 16-17 up to redline as per the analog gauge and torque app.

I went ahead and changed the oil tonight, full synthetic of course, and I plan on doing trans flush and driver side cv axle by the next weekend(has a vibration under hard acceleration).

Car was involved in a front end collision and they didnt do the best job paint matching it so I might repaint it this summer if i deceide to care enough lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also when I ran the vin # it came up as an ACR, but has none of the ACR parts installed on it as far as I can tell, havent got a good look at the struts yet but wheels and seats are not the ACR ones.

#3 ·
Also ive been doing a lot of reading and want to order a programmer and keep seeing the acronym DSP come up and im guessing that is in reference to DiabloSport Predator tuners and those appear to be discontinued so im looking at going with the DiabloSport Intune i1000. Is that tuner that everybody is running or is there something better other than the trinity?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dbl-i1000?seid=srese1&gclid=CPyinqa32cICFQqSaQod_5oAiw

#4 ·
Welcome aboard, I'm also in Nebraska. They are Diablosport tune devices, there are a lot of people who sell tunes for them, several on this site. The DSP is the device of choice, yes. There are also 3 stage packages from Mopar if you want to go the "factory" route but they are discontinued, have been so for several years, you can still find them being sold used quite a bit though.

Not sure what to tell you about the ACR bit, if it is an ACR it should have the emblems on the side, and not sure why anyone would remove the struts or parts associated wiith the ACR but people do stupid stuff all the time.

#6 ·
RTshadow where in Nebraska are you located? Im up in NE Nebraska by sioux city iowa. Also judging by your avatar im guessing you are in the military? Im ex navy, did 10 years active duty and got out last August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.