Dodge SRT Forum banner

Greetings!

628 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stowaway 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

Ran across this site in search of Caliber specific stuff. Have a CSRT with ms1 and as always, looking to churn out more power in a best way possible! For right now, I'm trying to find out how useful HPTuners is for the CSRT4 as that is what I will be working with.

Anyone here use HPT? Any limitations you've ran across that you'd wish HPT would address? I'd like to turn off within the module ESP and change the TPM system settings, but have not identified if it's possible with HPT yet. So far, no luck however it wouldnt be the first time to overlook a simple task.

#4 ·
No, there is no real benefit to it.

The NSRT-4 has a top speed of 155 mph (stock), the same as the CSRT-4. Therefore, the use of a six speed doesn't gain you much in terms of performance other than needing to shift more often on your way to a high speed run. There may be a slight MPG benefit but I can't imagine it would be more than maybe 1-2 mpg, if that. For 1/4 runs, the 5 speed is more advantageous because you can get a higher MPH for each gear per shift.

The A853 engine can hold up to 500hp on stock internals (although generally most people don't push beyond 400hp before upgrading), so the effort to drop the GEMA/"World" engine from the CSRT4 doesn't offer much of an advantage, if any.

Also, changing the mounts is the least of your issues when it comes to attempting something like that. The bolt patterns on the transaxle do not match, and probably the most daunting difficulty of all, is that you'd have an entirely different ECU/electrical/wiring hookups, there is so much you'd have to change, for what doesn't really amount to a significant, if any, advantage in performance potential.

#5 ·
I was leaning towards the idea of using a CSRT trans and engine combo for the more robust trans and solving the bolt pattern issues by also using the CSRT engine. A whole powertrain swap. Would it not be feasible to retain all the NSRT wiring/module to use with the CSRT drivetrain and just reflash a caliber calibration on to the NSRT pcm?

#6 ·
The two engines are so different that you won't get it to work, at all. Best bet is retain neon body harness and go full standalone for the engine.

This is something a professional shop could do, if given time and money. There's just not a real benefit in the end. Build the nsrt parts and it'll be cheaper and just as strong if not stronger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.