Dodge SRT Forum banner

2004 Flame Red New Owner. Hi!

781 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bad/andy/GK 
#1 ·
Hey all.

Picked up an 04 Flame red srt4 last night. Purchased from original owner, who maintained it pretty flawlessly imo. only mods are mopar blow off valve, mopar exhaust and an aem intake, but also included the factory airbox.
151000kms (canada here) stock clutch.
I have always wanted one, but everything for sale these days has been passed around too many times, modded (poorly for the most part), or just generally beat on.
Driver side dog leg has some rust, which is no biggie as im a retired bodyman.
Interior very clean, 1 slight tear in driver bolster.
I will be doing all the maintenance items first, timing belt, fluids, tune-up etc.
I'm super excited, plans are to keep it mostly stock, and just enjoy it on summer days.

Thanks guys n gals, love the site! i'm sure i will be asking alot of questions in the near future.

#3 ·
Welcome bad andy! Its good to see people are still buying these cars and joining even though they ended production 12 years ago. It seems like were past the days of kids wanting to "mod them cheaply and doing everything wrong" which is great! Sounds like you picked a good one

#4 ·
i agree ^

it took me a long time to find this one.
the guy i bought it from didn't drive this car hard, you can just tell. genuine seller, nice guy, and had a few killer cars.
i also got all documents and owners manual, srt4 shop manuals, some misc parts, sway bar.
plan is to READ alot lol, tune-up, fluid changes, etc. keep it the way it is, drive and enjoy it.

#6 ·
my money is on summer time and/or second track outing.>:)

#8 ·
LOL actually my daily is a 2015 Honda Fit, lowered, hks exhaust, and Konig Heliums. srt4 will be the summer car.

As for modding it, yeah, i'm sure i wont want to keep it stock long, but for now i just enjoy the way it is.

Great Forums, still reading alot. There are some pretty smart puppies on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.