Dodge SRT Forum banner

time to start my build.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TOMTOMR/TSRT4 
#1 · (Edited)
So I decided to start my build thread. I been buying parts for the past 15 months and I think I'm finally done. Should begin the putting together process with in the next week or 2 (with the help of buddy mike)Here is just a little run down of what I got so far. Also turbo is the only thing that's left undecided maybe s256 not sure. Here are some of the major stuff
Used motor pulled from a 04 srt4 80k miles,J.e pistons 8.5.1 .020 over, bc stage 2 cams, bc retainers and springs, eagle rods, .....I'll update list and progress/ load more pictures once I get home I have more parts laying around. Any input/advice/questions post here thx. I'm hoping for high 400s- low 500s on e85.

Can't load pics from phone. I'll post some later

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This will be a DD street car. As far as transmission that rebuild will be in future maybe around end of june ish. Cash flow is slowing down due to buying a house. Clutch I'll go with is act hdss kit,dcr clutch fork, dcr pivot ball. That's just as now but things can change with that.

#6 ·
I think he mentioned BC Stg2 cams.

+1 on the crank strap kit for extra insurance. Not that direct fit stuff either. Get the bedplate milled, install the kit and measure the bores. If in specs carry on, if not then get it line honed. There is much debate on to strap or not, but since I purchased a car with a busted bedplate I decided to err on the side of caution. The machine work only cost me 80-100 IIRC and my bores were in specs after milling and installation. I am also shooting for 450-500hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.