Dodge SRT Forum banner

SRT-4 into 1929 Willys Whippet

88K views 434 replies 182 participants last post by  kberjian 
#1 ·
Was home for the weekend and took this car:

And fit it into a 12' Uhaul Trailer along with a front end of a Dodge Neon SRT-4:

We removed the body panels, removed all "extra" brackets from the frame, removed the rear half that will be replaced, and packed it all into the trailer, with a really fun tow vehicle.... Big thanks to my dad for helping me with the disassembly and loading.

During the drive back to Cochrane, I was driving into the 50 km/h headwind on sunday and achieved 8.8 mpg average over 750 kms....
I offloaded it all without issue in my garage and will have some mock up pictures of how it will look back togther by friday.

See less See more
#4 ·
Put the fenders on for fun as well. Tire fills it but shouldn't rub and has 3-4" of clearance above the tire. Rims are the stock rims from the donor car and probably will be changed for something that is the same size, but a little better looking. This is with 8" of oilpan clearance, and 4" to bottom of running boards/fenders.

#6 ·
Finished installing the whole rear suspension. It all fit perfectly! The scrub line to the running board is just under 3" loaded with the low tires. The front of frame can be lifted with 1 finger it is so light.

I did screw up a little when I was putting in the bolts that hold the K member on. I was pounding the bolt up through the rubber bushings, but I hit it too hard and broke off the hidden welded on nut I had put on inside the frame rail...... I had to cut a section out of the side and fix it....

#14 ·
WOW! Now that's a nice project!! Are you going for the "wheel-stander" build or just playing it by ear as to how it will handle?

#17 ·
so your taking a nice old time 1929 willies that use to have a regular motor with a carb and your turning it into some kind of machine that has fuel injection and a turbo with a PCM....................

soooo sweet dude!!!! subscribed!! keep taking awesome pics and letting us know how it comes along! :)

#25 ·
This will have to go down as the best SRT swap ever (to date of course). Amazing idea and you guys are going about it right. You can see some back woods hacked up shit sometimes, but you guys look like its going in the right way. Keep up the good work!

Some questions.... what are your exhaust plans? Will you be doing a viper interior? Are you incorporating anything else from the SRT in there? Man oh man.... I wish I was closer because I want to be a part of that fun!

#26 ·
Wow definitely the most insane swap I've seen. Can't wait to see the final product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.