Dodge SRT Forum banner

Project black panther SRT4

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RWH916 
#1 · (Edited)
picked this up back in June of 2015. It has a back story that is why i picked it up. My best friend picked it up around 2013 was running a garrett GT3076R. Drove it for two weeks then it started spitting out oil and smoking.

Turns out the ringlands on 3 out of the 4 pistons were demolished and when the pistons were pulled out the ringlands fell apart and found the piston rings in the oil pump screen. So my buddy Ryan decided to build the bottom end.

Forged Crower rods
Forged JE Pistons

Anyways we finished rebuilding that motor and he decided to throw an AGP DBB 50 trim on it.

This is how the car looked before he traded it in

This is how it looked when i picked it up after 2 years passed

Car was trashed when i got it. headlight harness was chopped off so no headlights no dash lights no windshield wipers and car ran like complete shit. Looks like someone decided to replace the 3bar map with a stock map sensor... idk why but you would try to go wot it would haul ass for a sec then fall on its face and you would slam your head in the dashboard. Replaced that and got it back on a 91 pump gas tune from the e85 tune it was on that people were running pump gas in :/ that helped. Here is a list of just some of the things that i have fixed on this thing.

Act 6 puck Clutch
Flywheel resurfacing
Headlights
Taillights
Center console trim
Boost gauge
Trunk
Spoiler
Stereo
Wiring
Oil pressure gauge
Headlight harness
Hood prop bushing
Speaker wiring
Rear floor trim
Wot box & wiring
A pillar
Gauge pod
Duel gauge pod
Wideband gauge
Fog light HID and wiring
Diag and fix vacuum leaks
Map sensor
Tuning
Vinyl wrap hood
Hvac beasel
Shift knob
Steering wheel
Tires
Front lowering springs
Inside Front door handles
Passenger mirror
Battery
Taillight wiring
Alignment
Throw out bearing
Strut mounts
Heater vents
Axle seals
Trans flush x2
Lsd friction
Oil pressure sending unit
Oil changes x5
Sonic plate
Antenna
Steering column cover
Floor mats
Hvac lights
Spark plugs
Hood scoop insert
Hood badge
Srt grill badge
Fuel tank flush
Fuel filter
Fuel float test
Vinyl wrap fender
Intercooler protection screen
Brake caliper push pins
E brake adjustment
Intake manifold gasket
Windshield wipers
Crystal fusion
O2 housing exhaust leak
Tranny mount
Helicoil on head
Rear passenger door panel
Rear view mirror
Act lightweight flywheel
Axle seals
New pioneer door speakers and rear speakers
kenwood deck
Powerbass sub and amp
Stock sub box
New Srt black fenders
Bumper cover
New wing
Retrofitted tail lights
Retrofitted headlights w/demon eyes
Gauge cluster bezel
Dash piece under the steering wheel
New dash vents
Load resistors x4
Mopar cam sensor
Led dome light
Intercooler coupler
Srt rear seat
Srt floor mats
Wot box
Granatelli coil pack and wires
Cone filter
Mpx pcv valve
Xxr 527's
Carbon fiber wrapped fenders
fueled by matt custom 91 tune and e85 tune

car also has
solid motor and tranny mount
turbo xs RFL BOV
BFMIC
turbonetics 15lb external waste gate and dump tube
MPX 3" catless exhaust
balance shaft chain delete
bc coilovers w camber plates
Boomba fuel rail
walbro 255 fuel pump
DW 1300 cc injectors
3bar map and tip
agp dbb 50 trim turbo .48 AR
fuel regulator

the car ran a 12.6 at 115mph 1/4 mile on a really bad e85 tune that came with the car had real bad cut out issues so purchased two custom tunes from fueled by matt and hoping to get into the 11's.

Here are some pictures of her along the way

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·

The bumper cover was trash so always wanted to try the no cross hairs. Also had some fun with plastidip just cause the car seen over here hates neons so much.

Also here is a dyne run of the car after i replaced the 2bar map with the 3bar map. Wasn't tuned and was running really rich with a huge boost leak and exhaust leak. 02 housing had a huge crack and the intercooler coupler had a 1/2" hole in it from rubbing the ac compressor housing.

It was a free dyno run so i decided i wouldn't pass it up

removed the plasti dip for a couple weeks

decided to add the CE hood stripes

The original hvac bezel was spray painted black and chipping so decided to wrap it

#3 · (Edited)
got some depo LED tails

got a new steering wheel, someone took the nice one that was on it and through a really shitty one on it and was missing half the bolts. so got a new carbon fiber horn ring

picked up some goodies from the junk yard

restored the headlights

after i replaced the fenders. The old ones were rolled really badly due to being stances and had a bunch of chips and paint flaking.

with the new xxr wheels. traded my buddy

with the new bumper cover

track day

now with the plasti dip removed

with my new retrofitted tails that i made

Also retrofitted the headlights with demon eyes. Got the projectors from an E46 BMW

#4 ·
Looks like some nice progress on getting it cleaned back up. One suggestion, if it isn't a track-only race car with full cage and five-point harness, you may want to track down a nice stock steering wheel with air bag. Running a bigger aftermarket intercooler already severely compromised the front end structure and the stock seat belts are designed to work in conjunction with the air bag and stretch in a collision to allow you to move forward in a controlled manner to increase time for deceleration, using the air bag to reduce final impact forces. Without it and stock seat belts there's a much greater chance of severe head and neck injury from hitting the steering wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.