Ok, so here it is. I started out with a perfectly good brand new 2002 Camaro SS. I did a bunch of bolt ons, cam and then ended up with an STS turbo kit. I finally got it working right. Got one run in with a terrible launch...
Turbo 2002 Camaro 12.058 @120.3 mph. Spun a rod b - Car Videos on StreetFire
Clackety clack at the end of the track. Doh!
Surprise. Surprise. Turns out I had a broken number 7. Accidentally overboosted a few times...
So, the disassembly began...then the wife ran away with the kids...so it sat. Then a couple/three years ago after getting other things in order...
So I decided to heck with the rear mount set up and decided to do it right this time. So, I've been out getting parts and here is basically what I have...
- Moser 9" w/spool and 3.25 gears (low miles)
- BMR turbo k-member
- Kenny Brown double diamond SFCs
- QA1 adjustable shocks w/eibach springs
- Forged LS1 built by Larry's, Mahle pistons, scat rods, stock crank, 9.1:1
- 243 heads, valve job, new Lunati springs and retainers
- ARP Head Studs
- LS9 Head Gaskets
- New LS7 lifters
- New stock rockers with trunion upgrade
- New gaskets and seals from oil pan to headers, all of them
- Virginia Speed Turbo cam VTC-2
- New Poly motor and tranny mounts
- Truck manifold turbo kit, ST80 turbo
- Mccleod adjustable master cyl and gm slave
- UMI adjustable torque arm and crossmember
- New LS6 valley cover - for better PCV
- Edelbrock victor jr intake with proflow elbow
- The original transmission (T56)
I started assembling the motor the other day. I put an LS6 valley cover on for better PCV action. I had to do a little surgery to make it fit.
Ok, now put on the valley cover, lifters, heads, cam, timing chain, Doh!!!! Too much slack in timing chain. Waiting for parts...