Dodge SRT Forum banner

2005 Stage 3 Build - I couldn't stay away

30K views 180 replies 38 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 2005 car with a hole in the stock block for a good price. It has the MAP stage 3 EF1 kit and a bunch of other mods. It also has a CF hood painted black, black wing and evo mod in black front bumper (inside the car, lol). Paint is a little faded, but body and interior are good.

Srtmike04 is getting the block together and I'll see what else it needs besides a bottleneck fix, return line for the fuel and a bfmic. It's already tuned on E85 which is good, it just needs a little more fuel. I figure it will be a nice 400whp all day and drive real nice with the BC coilovers and fatter than stock tires.

See less See more
#23 ·
Got the head off. Looks pretty good.

Just a little kiss on the piston that had the rod break off...

It's in good hands now.

Diagnosis: The rod broke off up by the piston (still a little piece of rod in the piston with the wrist pin intact) and flung itself round and round until it came completely off the crank. It took out the balance shaft assembly, the block on both sides, the oil pan, the starter and the bracket next to the starter.

#25 ·
Ok. I just had to get rid of the evo mod front bumper, the black wheels and the wing plastidip.

Before...

During...

After...

Here's the Wheel before...

They weren't too bad, but I kind of liked the way the other side of the car looked...

I guess that was a before of the rear and an after of the front, but here's both...

Here's the wing after...

It was a little bit of a pain, but if you are patient and use a bunch of Goo B Gone, it sprays right off mostly with a power washer, then you do a final wipe down with some more Goo B Gone and a paper towel.

#27 · (Edited)
I was going to do some more today, but it's actually raining in Tucson. Weird.

Anyway, I got a new head for the car. Screaming deal on Facial book that I couldn't pass up...

It's a brand new, never used MAP stage 1 head with +1 exhaust and +1 intake valves, Si Bronze guides, Crower springs and retainers.

#28 ·
I was going to do some more today, but it's actually raining in Tucson. Weird.

Anyway, I got a new head for the car. Screaming deal on Facial book that I couldn't pass up...

It's a brand new, never used MPx head with +1 exhaust and +1 intake valves, Crower springs and retainers.

I should of jumped on this.. mad I did not...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.