Dodge SRT Forum banner

2005 S362FMW Build

7K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  MISTERak 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I've been a semi-longtime member, just don't post much. With the forum activity being kind of lame lately, I figured I would start a build thread to share my Neon journey with you all.

I purchased my 2005 in 2012, and it has been through a few stages. It made ~250hp/350ftlbs on a DynoJet with downpipe and 3" Exhaust. Went to a Precision 5831 with an old AGP Log (ported by Wonderer) on the stock block and made 447.32hp/504.46ftlbs SAE (371.85hp/419.36ftlbs UNCORRECTED) on the same DynoJet (25lbs pump gas).

Ended up cracking a ringland in cylinder 1, and compression tests weren't looking great...so last September we tore it apart and I started stock piling parts for the build. It is all back in the car, and I am currently putting break-in miles on the new motor. Plan is to go 30-32lbs on e85.

Enjoy!

Build Specs:
MAP/Howard X Beam Rods
MAP Strap Kit
CP 9:0:1 Pistons
DCR Oil Pump
DCR Big Filter Kit
IJ Crank Scrapper/Windage Tray (Stock Pick-up)
AMMFAB Ported Cylinder Head w/ REV +1/+2 Valves
BC Springs and Retainers
Stock Cams (For Now)
JMF Intake Manifold (stock TB)
AIS Intercooler
Mopar A/C Delete
ATI Balancer
Old PSI-Fi Motorsports T3 Exhaust Manifold (For Now)
Borg Warner s362FMW T3 (.70 AR)
Precision 38mm Wastegate
Jacks Transmissions Rebuilt T850
KW Billet Input and Straight Cut 1st and 2nd Gear
Full Blown Double Pumper (Twin Walbro 255's)
Full Blown Fuel Rail (-10 Feed, -8 Return)
ID1700cc Injectors

This will be tuned with Diablosport CMR by Nigel @ BST. I think that is most everything...let me know if you have any questions - happy to answer! Also, I will update the thread with final numbers, etc.

Kyle

Just goofing around with some Mustang slicks...

And next to my daily...

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
So your weekend fun car is a 4 cylinder neon and your daily is a 10 cylinder truck hahaha... What clutch are you going to be running
The truck would be too expensive and heavy to run the kind of times I want to run...plus, with the price of gas and the distance I live from work, it's not an issue at all! I've loved driving it as a daily - they are great rides!!

Clutch, for now since it will see street time, is a ACT DN4-HDSD (Street Disc) with the eXtreme Pressure Plate.

#5 · (Edited)
More Pictures

It does, and will, go to the track...

The old Precision 5831/AGP Setup

The Intercooler - thanks NJ DSM (Joe)

New Parts

Transmission

AMMFAB Ported/Polished Cylinder Head

Next to a OEM cylinder head...

PSI-Fi Manifold - made a custom 3" vband 02 Housing

#7 ·
There is my old FMIC!

Nice to see a build thread, wish I would have been able to use it on my current build but the 1G made back door style end tanks a PITA.

Car looks like it should fly, even at altitude.

Not to get side tracked, but how's the insurance on the truck? I've always liked the quad cabs but heard along the way they quote them same as they do srt10 Vipers.

#8 ·
Haha it is being put to good use!! It cleaned up nicely with some paint stripper...thanks again, Joe!!

I hope so...still a few details to work out - needs a new valve cover with -AN fittings and a new Catch Can, move the battery to the trunk, some cams, and eventually a new (better) tubular manifold...this is a start, though!

Insurance on the truck isn't bad - keep in mind I'm still not 25, so I pay a little more - but it's quoted as a 2004 Ram SRT-10 (I pay about $1500 a year for it).

#16 · (Edited)
CP Pistons

These are off-the-shelf CP Pistons for the SRT-4. You should be able to pick them up from any reputable CP dealer...Part Numbers below:

CP SC7503 - Stock Bore (87.5mm) 9:1 Pistons

CP SC7504 - .020 Overbore (88mm) 9:1 Pistons

Thanks for checking out the thread!! Hope to update with some numbers soon..

#22 · (Edited)
Small update...I picked up the Neon from the shop on Friday. Drove home fine with a break-in tune. I'm going to put at least 500 miles on it, and change the oil before we get it on the dyno.

I will continue to post results/updates - thanks for checking it out!

Idle Video

^don't mind the temporary intake setup. Also, need to relocate battery and finish the valve cover/catch can setup.

#24 ·
Looks good. What dyno are you going to go to?

#33 ·
Good luck, should put down some power!
Did you change the stock cams? or you still running them.

#34 ·
this build is crazy! haha What I want to know is... how did you like that 5831 that you had previously?

#37 ·
Take the crane 18's over 16's. Also I have the IJ also, with the map strap kit did you need to do anything, to make it work.
Or is it a straight bolt on?

#38 ·
That's what I am leaning toward, atm. The crank scraper needed quite a bit of final fitment work. The tolerances are very tight, which is great, just takes some fine tuning upon installation which is time consuming - measure twice, cut once! I don't recall the straps requiring too much clearance work.

For the trouble and time that thing took to get, it's worth its weight in unobtainium!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.