Turboneonstore - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > Parts/Shops/Tuner Reviews

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 18861
Thumbs down Turboneonstore

I bought a Perrin charge pipe about a year and a half ago from turboneonstore and asked what bovs would go with it. I was told that the rfl was a good bet so I bought it along with a bunch of other parts. When installing the bov on the pipe the bov didnít seem to fit right, it was real loose. I called turboneonstore and was advised that you just have to tighten the clamp more. So I did that and put it on the car. About a year after the install the pipe blew up under boost. Of course no one had any replacements in stock so my car was down for over a month Well I came to find out (from turboneonstore ironically)that the rfl did not work with the Perrin pipe!! Of course they had no interest in replacing it and told me "sorry about your luck". I was fine with this as it is an aftermarket part. What pisses me off is some other guy had his pipe burst about a month ago and he posted his problem in the turboneonstore vendor section and they offered to replace his!! I posted in response that I had the same issue but did not get offered a new pipe. I waited a few hours then check back for a response to my comments and the thread was gone. Great customer service In the end because of their error in advising the rfl I wasted 400 bucks on nothing.

So here is my srt-4 tally I the bad info from turboneon which cost me 400bucks, I got damaged goods and bad service from cti (who gives everyone good service), I had my car broken into 3 times in 3 months, it was shot up with a pellet gun while at the service shop, the suspension was destroyed by a tow truck and best of all I wrecked it due to a coolant hose coming off that didnít have a clamp on it. I love my car but damn it seems to be cursed!!
Virussrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 20771

its never the car ....only the owner .....and damn you have some really bad luck/karma .

agp gt3076r, agp returnline, 750cc inj, ptp stg3 clutch, dtec fcbc, txs wideband tuner, needswing dp, quickwhips bfmic, stg1, stg2 coilovers, 18" axis reverbs.

RACER-X-DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I was a evil bastard when i was younger so i guess i do have some bad karma in my future!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24270

How did your coolant hose come off, the dealer i worked at had to replace the lower clamp in all of its neons after they all started leaking when they where moved after a winter storm.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote:
How did your coolant hose come off, the dealer I worked at had to replace the lower clamp in all of its neons after they all started leaking when they where moved after a winter storm.

It was the coolant line that is between the cai and valve cover. It had no clamp at all and had slowly worked its way loose. I was driving one day and downshifted to go into a hard corner and I heard a real loud pop. Then my car was covered in purple smoke and I lost control due to zero visibility in a turn. My dealer was a dick about it and tried to keep my car for a month so the Chrysler litigation team could have a look. They Cust svc manager said the service manager told him I had bald tires (the car was 2 weeks old with not 1 burn out on it) so they had to keep the car to prevent me from covering up the evidence!! I went and told the service manager I was taking my car and I would happily start trouble to get it back at this point (I was real pissed). He was real cool about it and let me take it. A few weeks later Chrysler called and said that all that was the dealers doing and they wanted to look at it. They sent a guy out, he check my ecu for codes and then started licking under my hood!?!?!? He left and a week later they called back and kissed my ass up and down. They fixed all the damage and gave me some extra cash for my trouble. F spitzer dodge!!!! Their head of customer service told me I was an asshole kid (im 26 going on 27) and I need to grow up and own up then hung up on me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement