Dodge SRT Forum banner

Nemo Foss, Rage Technologies Inc.

34K views 178 replies 34 participants last post by  Napper 
#1 ·
I dropped off my silver 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 on 05/19/2008 at Rage Technologies Inc.. I have paid Nemo Foss $20,875.62 for parts and labor, plus $3000.00 cash loan on 9/11/2008. I gave him a Haltech ems E8 that cost me $2,000.00 , radio, speakers, wheels, tires, turbos, wastegate, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, and intake. I have spent over $100,000.00 on the car and I need the car and money back. Nemo told me that he should have my car ready and shipped to my house by 3/15/2017. Thank you for your help.

#2 ·
What? This doesn't make a lot of sense. Are you saying someone has had your car for 8 years?

When was the expected return?

What has been going on in the meantime?

Why did you give someone a cash loan that (as you are saying) has nothing to do with the car?

How the hell did you spend 100k on an SRT-4?

Are you asking for your car and money back now? Or are you waiting till March?

What is the point of this post? There are far too many unanswered questions here?

#4 ·
Yes, Nemo has had my car for over 8 1/2 years.
He told me the car would be ready in 3 months.
Every time I call he tells me the car will be ready in a couple of months.
I lent him $3000.00 to order a batch of 5th gears, which didn't get made and he told me that he would pay me back in 3 months.
I bought the car in Sep. 2003 for $33,000.00 because I was $10,000.00 upside down on my Honda Accord Lease. $9,000.00 at Señor Stereo, $17,000.00 at Lujan Motorsports, $23,875.62 at Rage Technologies Inc., $7,000.00 at the Dealer for repairs, maintenance, and adding parts, $5,000.00 for online parts, $7,000.00 for Insurance and gas.
The sooner I get my car back the better, but I will wait until March.
The point of this post is my review of a tuner shop, to make people aware of the problem and hopefully speed up the process of getting my car back.
I answered all of your questions.

This is real.
According to sunbiz.org Rage is still active with a new address.
Havi took over the shop and agreed to install all the parts at no charge and was waiting for Nemo to build the engine. Havi still has the same phone # that Rage had.

#5 · (Edited)
First question we ALL have is why would you leave the car there for so long?

Also, the following may or may not be relevant to your review but they're questions the readers are all going to have:

$20,875.62 for parts and labor - What work is/was being done?

$17,000.00 at Lujan Motorsports - What did you have done here?

$7,000.00 at the Dealer for repairs, maintenance, and adding parts- See my previous 2 questions. Also, why would you pay for repairs on a warrantied car?

$5,000.00 for online parts - If you had paid for so many parts from other sources what did you buy online?

$7,000.00 for Insurance and gas. - no comment.

#6 ·
TBH....your story sounds outlandish. If you had 100K to drop on a Neon (tell someone and watch their face)....why didn't you ram a lawyer up their ass by now? A lawyer should be a drop in the bucket...I can comfortably afford a lawyer and I don't have 100K to drop on a Neon.

#7 ·
He was the only shop I could find that would do all the upgrades. When I saw it was taking longer so I asked for a refund and he told me he didn't have any money and couldn't refund me so I waited.

Some of the parts and work that was paid for at Rage are sequential direct injection, Tial waste gate, fuel system, 1000cc injectors, new turbo, 3.5" side exhaust, rear control lower arms and bushings, bolt strap kit, cnc head, cnc intake manifold, camshaft, rods, pistons, cam gears, oil pump, crankshaft, belt, bearing, ati balancer, water pump, gaskets, r and r motor, rewire ac, 4" ram intake, 3/4 shift fork, scatter shield, agp billet shift selector, accelerator input shaft, clutch pedal pivot, syncros, 1st gear, shifter bushing and mount kit, coilovers, tube insulator, accell transmission, act clutch, transmission mount, aem water/meth kit, brake rotors, brake lines, vehicle dynamic processor pioneer, input shaft and 8 gears, remove tec3r and install new ems, dyno tune.

Some at Lujan was gt40 turbo, haltech e8 ems, msd dis 2, brake pads and resurface rotors, remove shaft, traction bars, bushing kit, camshaft, shortshifter, dyno tune, clutch, agp intake, 180 degree thermostate, spark plugs, hks blow off valve, agp hard pipe, msd wires, agp motor mounts, greddy oil catch can, agp actuator, greddy profec B, super afc, tach driver, hp racing exhaust, fuel system, injectors, pump, rail.

Some at Dadeland Dodge dealer charged me $1000.00 for a clutch plus synthetic oil is not covered in the warranty, short shifter, tires.

Some online stuff are transmission mounts, aem water/meth kit, brake rotors, pads, lines, eyelids, fog lights, injectors, fuel rail, pump, wheels and tires, traction bars, bushing kit, camshaft, shortshifter, pioneer vehicle dynamic processor, solar panel.

I went to a lawyer and he wanted $1,000.00 upfront. I don't have any money now.

I would like to sell the car for $10,000.00 and I will eliminate Nemo's debt. I live in Homestead, FL and have the title and receipts to the car, Nemo's # is 954-274-4175 or rageparts@aol.com, Havi's # is 954-915-0016 if the car is still in the shop. Let them know you would like to see it, send some pictures, and/or buy it.
I need your help. Thank you.

#17 · (Edited)
He was the only shop I could find that would do all the upgrades. When I saw it was taking longer so I asked for a refund and he told me he didn't have any money and couldn't refund me so I waited.

Some of the parts and work that was paid for at Rage are sequential direct injection, Tial waste gate, fuel system, 1000cc injectors, new turbo, 3.5" side exhaust, rear control lower arms and bushings, bolt strap kit, cnc head, cnc intake manifold, camshaft, rods, pistons, cam gears, oil pump, crankshaft, belt, bearing, ati balancer, water pump, gaskets, r and r motor, rewire ac, 4" ram intake, 3/4 shift fork, scatter shield, agp billet shift selector, accelerator input shaft, clutch pedal pivot, syncros, 1st gear, shifter bushing and mount kit, coilovers, tube insulator, accell transmission, act clutch, transmission mount, aem water/meth kit, brake rotors, brake lines, vehicle dynamic processor pioneer, input shaft and 8 gears, remove tec3r and install new ems, dyno tune.

Some at Lujan was gt40 turbo, haltech e8 ems, msd dis 2, brake pads and resurface rotors, remove shaft, traction bars, bushing kit, camshaft, shortshifter, dyno tune, clutch, agp intake, 180 degree thermostate, spark plugs, hks blow off valve, agp hard pipe, msd wires, agp motor mounts, greddy oil catch can, agp actuator, greddy profec B, super afc, tach driver, hp racing exhaust, fuel system, injectors, pump, rail.

Some at Dadeland Dodge dealer charged me $1000.00 for a clutch plus synthetic oil is not covered in the warranty, short shifter, tires.

Some online stuff are transmission mounts, aem water/meth kit, brake rotors, pads, lines, eyelids, fog lights, injectors, fuel rail, pump, wheels and tires, traction bars, bushing kit, camshaft, shortshifter, pioneer vehicle dynamic processor, solar panel.

I went to a lawyer and he wanted $1,000.00 upfront. I don't have any money now.

I would like to sell the car for $10,000.00 and I will eliminate Nemo's debt. I live in Homestead, FL and have the title and receipts to the car, Nemo's # is 954-274-4175 or rageparts@aol.com, Havi's # is 954-915-0016 if the car is still in the shop. Let them know you would like to see it, send some pictures, and/or buy it.
I need your help. Thank you.
If you don't have the car and you haven't seen the car..... how can you sell the car?

#13 ·
So you don't know or haven't seen the car lately and you live in Homestead? I thought you were out of Florida.
After 8 years being pushed around a shop I doubt you will be able to get 10K for it, even with low mileage.
I wonder what type of condition it is in right now for curiosity sake.

#15 ·
It had eight thousand something miles on it with a sunroof. I forgot to add AGP race intercooler to the list for Lujan.

Some parts installed at Señor Stereo are pioneer 7500dvd, mb quart pwe 304 12" sub 1000w, 6x9, all the best they had at that time, all speakers upgraded, capacitor, amp, optima battery, k40 radar with laser diffuser, 6 cd changer, free xm satellite radio for life, auto page 850 lcd alarm, hid pro kit, tints, dynamat, analog tv stations, install of rear power windows purchased online.

#16 ·
I hope you understand that the users here commenting aren't trying to be rude or crass, there are just a lot of really odd parts to this whole situation.

One thing to remember is the 1/4 or 25% rule. Take all the money you put into a car for aftermarket and go fast parts, and divide that by 1/4, and that is basically what you will get out of the vehicle (if you are lucky) upon selling it.

I wouldn't have been able to be without my car for 6 months much less that number of years. I am still not entirely understanding how you let that go on?

I can't help but think there is something being left out here?

For that amount of money I'd think your car should be roaring down the track neck and neck with the red sled

#23 ·
The input shaft and 8 gears where supposed to get mikronited.
First changed to a stock clutch at dealer, then to Clutch Master 4 at Lujan, then Nemo told me to change it.
First had the super afc then was told to change it and get the Haltech E8, then Nemo told me to change it to Tec3r, then he told me to change it to a predator, then he told me they don't sell it anymore and supposed to get a Diablosport.
First got the HKS blowoff valve. Nemo told me to upgrade to a Tial wastegate.
I purchased the 750cc injectors online and installed at Lujan, then Nemo told me to upgrade it to 1000cc along with fuel return system and pump.
The solar panel is installed on the dash near the windshield and it trickle charges the battery when the car is parked in the sun.
The car also has a pillar with gauges.
I was told that should make around 685hp and tq at the wheels on 93 octane. Could also add a 50 shot of wet nitrous.
Emailed Nemo for an update.

#24 ·
The input shaft and 8 gears where supposed to get mikronited.
First changed to a stock clutch at dealer, then to Clutch Master 4 at Lujan, then Nemo told me to change it.
First had the super afc then was told to change it and get the Haltech E8, then Nemo told me to change it to Tec3r, then he told me to change it to a predator, then he told me they don't sell it anymore and supposed to get a Diablosport.
First got the HKS blowoff valve. Nemo told me to upgrade to a Tial wastegate.
I purchased the 750cc injectors online and installed at Lujan, then Nemo told me to upgrade it to 1000cc along with fuel return system and pump.
The solar panel is installed on the dash near the windshield and it trickle charges the battery when the car is parked in the sun.
The car also has a pillar with gauges.
I was told that should make around 685hp and tq at the wheels on 93 octane. Could also add a 50 shot of wet nitrous.
Emailed Nemo for an update.

I would love to see a picture of the solar panel setup. It sounds like a cool idea.

#25 ·
685 on 93 is a stretch IMHO.
As said before, you are not going to get back what you paid to put in the car, never happens, unless it is maybe 50 years in the future and these become Real classics.
Sounds like you don't or didn't know much about cars and depended on the shops to guide you and do the work in a timely manner. Which obviously did not happen.
I did most of the labour on Project Blue and performance parts are expensive, especially for these cars back in the day because there was not much made for them. PB has a lot of custom work and parts on it and I doubt I have as much as you ($100K) invested in her. It might be close if I add my labour but the sentimental value, blood, sweat and tears that is part of her I cannot expect to recoup. Unfortunately those things do not transfer to monetary value.;(
There is not much we can do on here to help. If you read some of the old posts about Nemo and Rage you will find that we cannot help.
When was the last time you saw the car and took pictures? You live less than 100 miles from Rage. I would have been at the shop every week at the very least but Not over 8 years.
IMHO, at this point you need to cut your losses and accept them, get the car back in running condition and ALL Parts. Sell the car and parts separately.

#28 ·
I would assume the solar panel would. I'm highly interested in this. Please post pictures!

i still cant wrap my head around the OP leaving the car with someone for 8 years. Like Hybridkid asked, when was the last time you saw the car and took pictures? Is it even still there? Driveable? Couldn't the shop have put a lien on it and retitle it? Sold parts off the car or done some other shady sh*t in that time?

#36 ·
A simple google search returns a ton of results.

#29 ·
A shop cannot put a lien on a car unless they can prove it has been abandoned or the work has not been paid for, they also have to have work orders and other documents proving that the work was done and owner contacted for payment.
In this case it looks like the work was not completed but payments made, so a shop lien would not work and give the OP a lot of ammunition for a lawyer to bring suit.

#31 ·
Well, this thread has earned a lot of interest from some experienced and long term forum members. I'am sorry Shadow however, this grumpy geezer is not sold on the validity of this complaint. lets see, A Floridian, or anyone with a SRT4 waiting for 8 years to get their car back after paying 100k for work = no/unlikely. A 12 year vet with only 15 posts, five of which are from posts in this thread= re-opened account, maybe puppet account, maybe second account that was not in use, maybe ,maybe. Be truthful with us timemachine 2004, what was your true user name back in 2004?

#34 · (Edited)
I think he's just trying to show that he is upset that spending so much on a car over the course of the 5 years that it was in his possession, just to have it sitting at someones shop for 8 years getting 20k worth of stuff done to it. According to the first post, Rage owes him 20k + the 3 he 'lent' Nemo. What I do not understand is why anyone would pay 20k upfront for work and leave it for 8 years. If it isn't delivered by the promised date you get it back and/or see a lawyer if the shop doesn't refund you money.

#41 ·
Never changed my user name and always had this one only.
Last time I went to the shop was in 9/11/2009 and my old van overheated.
I junked the old van, was awhile without a car, now I have 2000 Town and Country with problems.
Last picture I saw was 4 yrs. ago when Broward County Sheriffs Office investigated him and sent some pictures with the car with no engine and transmission and head, piston, rods, on the shelf. I have the report that says he was going to finish the car and not charge me.
3 months ago he told the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that he would finish my car with in 180 days and I had to wait.
I contacted the Florida Bar Association and they emailed me that the case was sent to the State Attorney General and is being investigated.
I spoke to Havi 15 months ago and the car was still there.
Nemo told me not to post anything online.
I used to be a letter carrier and I got sick and stopped working.
The solar panel is around 3 watts, rectangle shape, they are like $20.00 now online.
I don't much about cars and did what the local shops recommended.
I got inspired with The Fast and the Furious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.