Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#200 ·
Crazy has informed me of some of the bs. And either way, a 3-4 month wait time is much too long... And yeah the admins need to do what they should.. But this forum has gone downhill.

#203 ·
this is to 93stang, your saying boo hoo its a 3/4 month wait. Your post really doesn't say or do much justice. Because its boo fricken hoo on moles part. The guy shouldn't say its a couple week wait than have everyone wait a couple months. If he stuck to his word on that or just said hey this is a custom made to order part that takes generally 3 months it wouldn't be a issue. But im sure not many people would order than as thats too long for what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#212 ·
It's hilarious to see how naïve some of the guys in here are....

#213 ·
I can't speak of Mole's turbos, but I can say when he held a dyno day here at a local shop, it was actually put on by Nutz, he was supposed to split the cash with Nutz (Eric) and instead just took off with all the profits they were supposed to split. Now that I'm thinking about it, there were other things he did like that right before I left the San Diego SRT scene and he left to Victorville. Too bad. RIP Nutz.

#216 ·
your kidding me right?

your turbo that you sent me was trashed.
the second one you sent me, i never got. i told you i was gone that whole weekend when it was said to be delivered.

you have no $ to buy another core. i later gave you one of my cores cause i felt bad for you. guess you forgot about that part huh???

when i got your BWS back and opened it up. it was TRASHED. never seen one that bad before. in & out and side to side play along with a destroyed Thrust bearing.....
i told you it would be $200-$220 total for a full rebuild. you later said you were broke and for me to ship it back and you would use it as a paper weight. i then said i would buy it back to help you out. i asked a few times how much were you looking to get for it. you did not give me a price. i offered a set of new 1025c/rescale as a trade. you said you wanted cash and later asked for $200 and i agreed on that. you tried to send me a PP request from you cell but had issues and 2 days later i got the PP request for $200 and i paid it.

i never offered you $200 for it.

#228 ·
mole' so its a customers fault you where not home when there packaged shipped to you got snatched off your door step? man up and get a PO box if you live in a shit part of town...

#229 ·
this, all the proof he needs is that it was shipped and delivered, and if ti says it was delivered to YOUR DOORSTEP, then it officially, in business, becomes YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, whether you are there or not.

why does it matter if you wheren't there? it was YOUR property after all, all that happenbs on your property is your responisibility. if necessary, get a PO and pick up stuff from the post office to eliminate the possibility.

#238 ·
Yeah i know you paid me 200 for the turbo and yeah i figured that was all its worth.

I do regret selling it because i shoulda rebuilt it myself.

If i would have known it was worth more i would have asked for more.

#239 ·
And lastly my bad i forgot to mention you gave me a core because of my shitty luck after my turbo was lost or stolen or whatever happened. I forgot to add i called fedex, i talked to the exact guy that delivered it. He told me he left it on the door step. So whatever happened after that i have no idea.

#240 ·
As far as i know my turbo only had in and out play. No side to side. Like i said i have no clue why its trashed i installed primed and broke it in properly. Its unfortunate they didnt have warranties because if it did i would have installed another bws, because yeah like i posted i did love it. While it lasted.

#241 ·
Holy cow, you dug out of your mole hole and came back to the forums. I would quote you but every post of yours is saying the same thing...

How could this be Tyler's fault if he did exactly what you said to do for installing, "breaking in", etc.
You get his turbo back and say it was because of a bad BOV. I find this interesting as he had the stock surge valve on it, in working condition. To me, it sounds like there was a error during the building of the turbo. But I guess you wouldn't know because you only sell them.
Why don't you go ahead and explain why the other ones failed within the same period of time? Let me guess, too much boost or user error. By all means it isn't the almighty mole' fault...

Also, it'd be interesting to know how many of these turbos you went through or at least let the community know you are using different parts in your turbo.

Anyways, I hope this community starts to learn that if it's not an e1 or e2 not to waste their money as well as the time (because we all know the turn around time mole' gives everyone is no where near accurate) and just goes either Stage 3 or a bigger, non stock frame turbo.

#264 ·
i dont know how Tyler did it, but he FUKed that BWS up. i have never seen one that bad nor had my Turbo shop.

i only had 1 BWS on my car. i use the same parts in all of my BWS. and no they are not cheap Ebay parts as others have claimed.

Stage 3 ftw. I beat mine to shit and it just kept running and running. : MOPAR :
til you went to the Big wheel s3 and then parted out.

i never saw your car as it best tho.

Nothing is ever mole's fault. I've known by experience... It wasn't his fault he fucked up my buddy Byron motor or jeremys motor.

He just drove it like it was his and when it broke he blamed it on owner
last i checked Bryon was still on the same motor that Joe Dirt built for him. that was as of 6 months ago when we were talking on FB. his turbo blew and he ending up putting a 60 trim kit on his car and made over 500hp with a dyno tune.
Jeremy blew his own motor racing.

keep trying Chris.

#244 ·
Nothing is ever mole's fault. I've known by experience... It wasn't his fault he fucked up my buddy Byron motor or jeremys motor.

He just drove it like it was his and when it broke he blamed it on owner

#245 ·
here are the convo's we had about the turbo since you brought up saved messages the end of the last message is cut out, all it said is my phone was being messed up and i resent the request(i thought my phone wasnt sending it because on my computer it wasnt saying i requested money but in the end it did send through the app so I sent two request by accident).. and the paypal requests, showing i asked to SEND AS GIFT so they didnt take away money. *Note how mole' clearly said I could try a 30psi spike*

and lastly, heres pics of my surge valve that I was running with the BWS and am running with my current stock turbo. No problems with this turbo, maybe Aaron is right? Bad surge valve or bad turbo hrmmmmmmm....

#246 ·
That is one cherry surge valve

#248 ·
I forgot to mention, I think its f***ed up how I rush everything, spend all this money, etc.. to help mole and try to help prove these turbos were the next big thing. Countless hours spent in the car or tweaking it, videos, dyno chart, etc. Than as soon as it goes its just heres your money. Than dont know me? Now im stuck selling shit ive worked hard for that I dont need because Im not running anything crazy or the stock stuff cant do. To cut my losses. Hell, I even had to sell rims that I got for a present just to help make up for my losses. I just wanted to give a little, since I thought he/you mole' were a good guy, help showing these turbo's could make good power and such. Than after hearing another member got his rebuilt for free, I thought that was fucked up. Expecially with all the work I put into helping these things.

Guess not.

#265 ·
i offered to rebuild your turbo at a fare price.

dont know what else to tell you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.