Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#161 ·
Doesnt moles turbo have a "bigger wheel" in the housing? Technically making it a big wheeled stock turbo aka BWS? Big wheeled stocker? If it has performed as well as other BWS to be considered one is a different question mr dan.

Sent from Iphone.

#175 ·
Man it getting real in here..
The E3 is a 47lb s3 and its has been around just as long as the E1 and has same reliablitly.

Now it's just to bad the E1 and E2 turbo are no longer produced.. You can still get an E3 though if u have a stage 3 turbo :)

#183 ·
i just cant wait to see the complete BS story mole has when he comes back(if he does) he has alot of fire under his ass right now.

the way i see it, there is NO excuse in the world for mole to blowing all this off.(unless he's in a full body cast) . and i dont want to hear "i have a life out side of the forum" well actually he doesnt. he has a job and a resposibilty to maintain here.He gave that up when he be came a "supporting vendor."

so, where is mole?? how much time are the admins going to give him to respond? if it was ANYBODY else they would be labled as a scammer already...

#185 ·
Thats what im wondering.... Why he isn't labeled as a scammer yet? I have seen people post multiple times in the scammer forums about bad business with him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#188 · (Edited)
This is kinda funny most of you guys where ready to blow Mole' for offering an alternative to the E1 and LCR's turbo's.Now a lynch mob is forming because some of you feel like you've been ripped off one way or another when you where warned by many that Mole's turbo's where relatively untested.To you guys who are complaining about wait times, you ordered something right in the middle racing season and expect it immediately and most places are running behind like every year around this time.

#207 ·
He approached me and asked when i was going to run one of his 16g turbo's and he made it worth my while. Then a month later asked if i wanted to try the 18g with the DCR anti surge and the rest is history.I just think its funny people are getting all bent out of shape over wait times and a couple of failed turbo's.I know of more than one PTE turbo thats failed out of the box and it sure as fuck wasn't a 500.00 dollar turbo and then there is AGP,Comp Turbo they all have problems here and there.If you can't deal with the headaches of modding a car then don't do it.Bunch of 20 something year old babies that think the world revolves around their problems.

#195 ·
If I could find it way back when this BWS business first came about where I said "this turbo will be boo-boo" and I got flamed away, I just kind of chuckle and say under my breath. "I told you so!"

#198 ·
Your seeing a lynch mob now because people like me where deleted and blocked for speaking out. I work retail, if you tell some one 3 months and it takes longer, you explain why and make damn sure you keep in contact, not dissapear. even locals are finally able to speak the truth about the shady shit going on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.