Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#110 ·
I see a E1 vs Mole's BWS brewing here and i think its bull shit.First off the few guys that are still running E1 turbo's aren't pushing them as hard as Tyler and S&M pushed Mole's turbo.Second the exhaust manifold i think has a lot to do with how long any brand BWS will last.Holding more than 20+ psi with a mostly stock(even you elbow mod guys) internally gated manifold is a recipe for disaster.Don't get me wrong I had zero issues with the E1's i had but i also was never holding more than 17-18 psi until i had the exhaust manifold to do so either.Now just wait my turbo's going to take a shit now:lol:

#111 ·
You have a good point. I beat the crap out of my PTP SSV2 back in the day and it lasted a whole year with a ported, internally gated manifold at 25-26psi on E85. If I had a better manifold or kept the boost lower, it probably would have lasted longer. Anyway, I've seen some people's E1s last a long, long time above 20 psi.

People need to be realistic. A BWS is a bandaid on a gushing wound of the need for power. If you want real power, and want it to last, get a stage 3 or big turbo. If you are cool with mid 300s for power, you'll be just fine.

#112 ·
I've got one of Mole's 18g turbo's now on basically the same setup i ran the E1 with so we'll see how it goes.....so far so good.

#119 ·
I knew Mole pretty well when he lived down here in SD. He was always helpful to me, but he was a wheeler and dealer.... I know there were a few people he pissed off down here.

I never went for his advice, I just stuck to the Mopar products like S3 and the bolt ons... Never had a problem with the stage 3, made great power and reliably.

I'm not surprised what's going on here, he used to stand up for PTP crap when it would always fail or not make the power they advertised.

Good luck guys, I've since moved on to another vehicle but check in every once in awhile.

#227 ·
what did i ever do to wrong you?

i was gonna buy your BW S3

#120 ·
Well I have had mine on for about 600 miles now. Bought it used from undersrtarmor. Right now I am on running 20 psi on it until my injectors and bnf get here. I will only run 24 psi max on it. Anyone running anymore seems to have issues with it. Everything seems to be running fine and no issues. When this thing breaks is this something I could have a local shop rebuild using better parts or am I stuck with moles exceptional service?

#129 ·
Do you guys think getting this turbo rebuilt with monster steel thrust bearings would help keep this thing reliable? I like it alot so far just don't want to waste money trying to polish a turd. I am going to run this thing until I have Realtune build me a motor and head and go with a big turbo setup. I have another engine I just picked up just need to wait until funds are available for a quality rebuild which will not happen until after this season is over.

#130 ·
Do you guys think getting this turbo rebuilt with monster steel thrust bearings would help keep this thing reliable?

I think it will surely help. The main distiction between FM's E2 and E1 is the E2's 360 degree thrust bushing.

Whether or not its worth it or not depends on the final price.

#132 ·
well we'll see what correct priminy, 0psi for 50 miles and 5psi increments every 50miles, ported, 2"elbow and external gated mani, aftermarket BOV, and proper tuning does mid july...then we'll see what people say....from all of people's BWS "blowing up" i see flaws in all the users

#139 ·
And if it does fail will you quit hanging from his nuts?

#133 ·
#136 ·
Do you think shops wanna deal with retards all day??? No it's the same reason sony doesn't sell directly to the customer.... Look at how many major brands have a middle man....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.