Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#72 ·
I understand where you are coming from underarmor as far as childish comments but you have to understand alot of people are frustrated lost alot of money due to their opinions being deleted.

I feel like let everybody say what they want they deserve to finally be able to speak freely.

#75 ·
i didnt agree with deleting post.... that was :gay:

on 2nd note pm some one... i got PLENTY of PMs about moles turbo, mole dont respond, blah blah.

i tried to help each as well as i could, and gave them my honest opinion. sure my turbo had some shaft play, show my a stock turbo without ANY shaft play....

im sorry to hear people got screwed on service and part,

#73 ·
I have nothing against mole' as well, as i previously stated. I just wanted to let everyone know how these turbos have been for me and other users.

About the ptp being junk and such... I find that funny because mole always told me that the ptp was junk and always failed... Looks like the bws is in the same boat as s3k..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#88 ·
Yep that is just a rumor without accurate info. 4 months waiting time is about 3 months too long MAX. I'll just get a big turbo... bet I could get better track times than Mole' in his own car though:rofl: Just a fyi, I'm on the bone stock turbo and E85 and depending the gear and what RPM I hit it at, I've seen 30psi spike(yikes) and mine is still ok. I turned the boost down to where it spikes about 24psi though. I think 26ish in 4th gear if I hit it at 3000 RPM. Been doing this for a few thousand miles.

#99 ·
Thank you Pete, that's how i wanted to make this thread. Just state my facts and let other owners state theirs if they wish.

And i was told as well the BWS have no warranty. That's a mistake i made when buying it. I found out after it blew, i shoulda asked if it had one before i bought it. Because i wouldn't of. I rarely buy parts without warranties unless i know they have a 0 to slim failure rate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#101 ·
wtf, are you guys serious? Its his call if he wants to offer some sort of warranty.. If he doesn't, thats fine. His call. You want a bws, you live without a warranty. Nobody forced you to buy it, and nobody is going to force him to stand behind it. If some of you guys sat back and looked at what was going on (and didn't fall so quickly for a 11.8 pass or whatever he said he ran) you'd realize that a vendor who offers no warranty is PROOOOBABLY not someone worth doing business with...

#102 · (Edited)
Ive yet to really let loose with mine, but the 4 month wait for it and going two three weeks not hearing anything has pretty much made the turbo meh for me no matter what it does.

I bought it because my stocker was blown, 4 months of driving on a blown turbo was not what I had planned for.

But whatever, its currently running at 15psi, Ill get it back up to my target level and call it a day.

#103 · (Edited)
Posted all of 6 months ago

I run an E1 and have several customers who really beat the crap out of them yet they still perform.
No other big wheel stock turbo has as long or good of track record of reliability that the FM turbos do.

Maybe mole's cheap turbos are great,,,or maybe they'll all last barely 10,000miles. We'll just have to see.

I honestly hope his rebuilt turbos have decent reliability but we've all seen several others try to compete with FM and fail miserably.

So what exactly is FM doing differently so that their turbos last as long as the stock one? Beats me, but whatever it is, its exactly why I bought one.

I really hope mole's 16G can actually sustain its great performance and NOT wind up like every other one from the likes of PTP, LCR, ect.

It's just too many guys have been sucker'd into every other cheap E1 alternative solely on the price. Every PREVIOUS cheapo E1 wanna-be that gets released is ALWAYS purported as just as good or better than the E1. And like clock work, nut huggers come out of the wood work,,,,until,,,,inevitably and also on schedule, each customer is left with a pile of shit.

Again,,I really hope a year or so from now I can honestly say I was wrong but for now at least,,there just needs more time before I can recommend it to any of my customers.
Unfortunately I was dead right

#108 · (Edited)
I guess im late to the party, but i am a victim of moles bws, it was a awesome turbo while it lasted. I made 380 hp on a mustang dyno with the help of dusters fine tuning skills. However it lasted maybe 2000 miles max most of them being in no boost driving down to get tuned. I was told that my thrust bearing was junk and the bov was suspect to causing this failure. I learned the hard way, now im the proud owner of a brand new stage 3 from map. I am not cutting down mole at all he was very good to me and responded very quickly. I am sure he has good intentions with the bws he just needs more r&d.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.