Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#34 ·
I'm good friends with Tyler and was there for the winter tear down, when he put it in, the break in, helped him tune, everything...
I know he broke the turbo in according to what mole said and know there wasn't anything that went wrong during install.
From what Tyler went through, in my opinion mole is a horrible vendor. Tyler tried countless timeless to get a hold of him with no response.
The other thing I don't understand is how can he say the turn around time is a month or so but Tyler, along with many others, takes four plus months to get.

Anyways, with all that said, the quality of work that has been put into this turbo is next to nothing. The isn't any reason a turbo should go out in 4,000 miles if boosting the recommended amount (according to mole 28 wasn't too high). And then, after all of this, to say it was Tyler's fault the turbo went out. I can see why his name is mole' because he tries and weasels out of everything...

#35 ·
I'm good friends with Tyler and was there for the winter tear down, when he put it in, the break in, helped him tune, everything...
I know he broke the turbo in according to what mole said and know there wasn't anything that went wrong during install.
From what Tyler went through, in my opinion mole is a horrible vendor. Tyler tried countless timeless to get a hold of him with no response.
The other thing I don't understand is how can he say the turn around time is a month or so but Tyler, along with many others, takes four plus months to get.

Anyways, with all that said, the quality of work that has been put into this turbo is next to nothing. The isn't any reason a turbo should go out in 4,000 miles if boosting the recommended amount (according to mole 28 wasn't too high). And then, after all of this, to say it was Tyler's fault the turbo went out. I can see why his name is mole' because he tries and weasels out of everything...
i totally agree man thats way to long

#36 ·
its fucked up how dude disappeared when people started to have problems with the turbo_One of my buddies from a different state is also waiting for his respone.His turbo blew at the track.I brought it up once but my post was deleted .I will tell him to sign up here and give ppl a quick review.

its fucked up man.

#222 ·
who might that be?

Dude is a chump. Mole is a local to me. And he had screwed over almost everyone in the area. If it wasnt for tot and Dcr he'd be a lost puppy.

If anyone on this forum actually likes him, it's because they have never meet him.
LOLOL!!! do you remember that scammer thread i had on you cause you fuked me over with a bad core?

what locals did i screw over? you have it the other way around. mike told me about all the shaddy shit u did to him.

The other thing that gets to me is he bought (at least I think he got paid) Tyler's blown turbo and he will turn around and rebuild it with the same crappy bearings and sell it for hundreds more than its worth to someone else. And then when it breaks, he will claim its their fault and not his only to start the same thing over.
I want him to chime in on all of this but we all know it won't happen....
i offered tyo buy it back after he said he was gonna use it for a paper weight. he said he was low on $$$. he said $200, not me.

Yes he paid me $200 like i said. I told him to send as gift OR cover paypal fees. But didn't. So i only got 190. But than after shipping it too him and such what did i really come out with? Probably 150/160 or so?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
again, you sent me the PP request and i replied to it.
i have all of the FB messages saved if you want me to post them Tyler.

#38 ·
The other thing that gets to me is he bought (at least I think he got paid) Tyler's blown turbo and he will turn around and rebuild it with the same crappy bearings and sell it for hundreds more than its worth to someone else. And then when it breaks, he will claim its their fault and not his only to start the same thing over.
I want him to chime in on all of this but we all know it won't happen....

#39 ·
Yes he paid me $200 like i said. I told him to send as gift OR cover paypal fees. But didn't. So i only got 190. But than after shipping it too him and such what did i really come out with? Probably 150/160 or so?

#41 ·
I agree. Im also friends with tyler and arron and the car was setup properly. Car ran hard and i was there to watch the car on the dyno in which the 28psi spike is a split second the turbo held around 21-22 and the car was tuned properly.

During the time he was getting his turbo i ordered a set of injectors from mole paid for it and he droped off the map. Finaly a month and a half later he gets in contact with me and says during his move he lost the injectors would you like your money back or i have these new rc750 injectors with pnp clips. I ordered dusters injectors originaly. But the 750s would be big enough for e85 so i said send them i was fed up with waiting. I finaly recive them an they are not new but used and rusty. The clips were the inly thing new and for all i care id rather make my own injector harness instead of recive used injectors. I sold them localy and it was basicly a big waste of time. Luckly i got my money outta them but still. Mole is a terrible buisness in my honest opionon. Im not trying to start a fight like stated about just informing everyone what i know.

#44 ·
During the time he was getting his turbo i ordered a set of injectors from mole paid for it and he droped off the map. Finaly a month and a half later he gets in contact with me and says during his move he lost the injectors would you like your money back or i have these new rc750 injectors with pnp clips.
Same thing with me, took 4 1/2 weeks to get the injectors that I paid for on the first day.

My friend's second BWS is smoking after his first one blew out seals in just a week.

= absolute horrible products and service

#46 ·
This ^^
when sphipps was declared a scammer wasnt it mole that he didnt pay? makes me wonder if there was a reason? sphipps was a smartass but he was also a no bull shit type guy. makes u wonder hmm?
This as well, makes you think.

#43 ·
when sphipps was declared a scammer wasnt it mole that he didnt pay? makes me wonder if there was a reason? sphipps was a smartass but he was also a no bull shit type guy. makes u wonder hmm?

#45 ·
I also think its fucked up how I've been told from multiple people he has "warranted" and fixed their turbo for free. But that others with SAME problems are having to pay money to get theirs rebuild?

Why or even how can someone do that?

#47 · (Edited)
ill add my comment, bc i know a few of yall are waiting for it.

i been knowing mole since 05 when i bought my first srt4 when i lived in cali. coarse back then he wasnt selling parts(vendor) i never have any problems with him.

fast foward i moved back to Louisiana, so i dont really know him anymore as we dont hang around. but he has helpped me out on several occasions(sp) when he didnt have too. my turbo was fine. altought my boost was only at 26 psi on 3 street pulls then i had issues with my pcm and diablo. other than than i was 24 psi the whole time, i didnt have any problems with my turbo.

yes mole is sometimes hard to get incontact with, i do have his cell he normally get back with me quick. others might have bad things to say, but i can honestly say mole has never done me wrong.

you can not please every one. another thing i did hype up the turbo for more than it was practical to make. ill admit that. it was really more me getting excited for it to do well.

some of the stuff i see that he does i dont agree with. not making any excuses for him. but he is his own person.

my opinion here: if over 25 psi your egt will prob get to high(stock manifold arent that great even ported), i had elbow mod and ported ex mani, so i did want to risk damaging it. so to get the power i wanted i just went big turbo. i sold my turbo in good working condition to another member...

#49 ·
He should have just been upfront about potential issues instead of discrediting and deleting stuff. Its hard for people to sit back and not say nothing knowing others are buying into the hacked up inflated track numbers and flat out bs boost levels he supposidly ran for the fluke dyno numbers. To compare this garbage to any of the prooven turbos out there especially the e1 is an outright slap in the face. We all knew it was going to bite john ehem mole' in the ass just like it bit john ehem ptp in the face when he did it with the s3k. Why do u think joe dirt sold his s3k? They know these things blow up left and right. Noobs will still buy em all day everyone wants to go fast for cheap even if its only 1 pull I suppose.

#54 ·
I only read the 1st 2 pages, but 28lbs on a modded stock turbo is insane unless you get the MAP turbo. Ive been running 22-23lbs on my E1 on pump for over 2 years now and am doin just fine. I hit 27 lbs on race gas tune, but i rarely use that tune (maybe 3 time a year at most) in fear of destroying the turbo. There are limits to these modded TD04s.

I am not picking any sides here. Just stating some facts and personal experiences.

#58 ·
At first i was looking into getting one of his bws. But honestly after hearing about turn around time, turbos blowing up within a couple thousand miles, and everything else i don't think im gonna get one. Im just wondering if maybe there is a design flaw that he's missing or just the quality of the parts itself is junk.

#67 · (Edited)
I considered this awhile back but weighing the big turbo and bws it seemed insane to want a modded stocker. Great to hear the word being spread about your troubles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.