Dodge SRT Forum banner

Mole' BWS buying and hopefully refund experience

15K views 173 replies 45 participants last post by  Boostinfamily 
#1 ·
Well, here is my dilemma / issue. Mole' John Martinez on March 4th, recieved payment for $650 from me for an 18g BWS turbo w/ DCR bellmouth and antisurge. I was told turn around time would be 2 weeks. We agreed that was perfect cause my deadline for a tuner to come fly in and finish my car was May 1st. The parts were sent later that week and were recieved on that following monday on March 11th.

When the parts were recieved, he proceeded to tell me that the turbo was damaged and would need a complete rebuild, and that the manifold had become damaged as well but was not repairable. So i paid an additional $150 for a core manifold he had on hand. (i have heard from a few people that Mole has also told them the exact same thing when they send in there cores, possible coincidence?) But i let it be, thought "ok, shit happens"
Made my final payments, to include the extra to equal a total of $1400 on March 21st, 2013

April 3rd - comes around and i ask for an update (3 weeks later). He says it will be ready the following week for sure.

April 9th - Today, 4 weeks total time now, instead of an "its in the mail to you" message i get one that says it is just now on its way to DCR. Ok cool, not the timeline i was told, but progress.

April 19th - I ask for an update, i get a "will do".

April 24th - im informed that DCR has the turbo but hasnt touched it yet. Im getting nervous now because i have purchased plane tickets for a tuner to arrive on May 4th already and everything is set.

April 29th - there is no progress and no word from anybody at DCR. At this point my option is only to purchase another kit so i have a turbo ready to be installed and tuned on time, so i ask for a refund. Tells me he cant afford a refund, so he would have to sell the kit for me in order to issue me one. I said ok thats fine, do what you gotta do. (To this day i have not seen a single post or comment anywhere about him trying to sell the kit he sold me to get my money back)

May 2nd - Instead of giving me a refund he tells me that the turbo is in the mail. WTF?!?! are you serious, i have no use for it. I have now purchased a brand new BW s256 to ensure that i would have a kit on time. I confront him, tell him what happened and restate that i TOLD him i wanted a REFUND!! He continues to say, well I dont have a big business where i can do stuff like that, sorry.

May 7th - my wife receives a phone call from Dave at DCR, he says, we have not touched the turbo and expect 3-5 weeks before its done. Another WTF?!?! moment because wait, Mole told me on May 2nd it was in the mail?

May 17th - I may have a deal with a local, so i ask for another update. then decide to have the wife call DCR again. still the same update 2 weeks later that it may be 3-5 weeks.

Today told him i am just tired of the pussyfoot, beating around the bush bullshit and want my money back. then he proceeds to tell me, that the guy i was supposed to do the trade with has contacted him, and he assumes the turbo is now being shipped to said person. Though i never told him who it was or that it was going there!! His only response is "LOL". Cause this is apparently one big fucking joke to this guy!

This guy is a fucking joke and a clown! If you cant afford to give a refund for SERVICES and a so called "Business" you run, then you shouldnt be doing it! Give me my refund and this all goes away, im tired of your run-around. Im currently deployed and dont have time for this shit! If this post can even help 1 person from losing there ass on any of his kits or services i will be happy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck man! Hope this thread helps, I have blasted it all over Facebook. Mole needs to stop selling since he can take people's money but not send every person who sends him money for parts, the parts they ordered.

#5 ·
Again, I still don't see the corner of a cast iron manifold breaking off in shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Thanks guys, I am starting to notice a pattern on his business and work ethic with every comment i get. Though i ask for a refund, i can almost guarantee I will eventually recieve the turbo, which i have no use for, and will be told its my problem to deal with. Thats like me taking your tax dollars, which i already do =P , but then telling you this war and fight for freedom is your problem.

#7 ·
If u receive it then can I have it since I technically already payed for it? Lol :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
i'm still waiting for the response. I can't wait to see what he has to say.

#28 · (Edited)
Im still laughing at him charging more for his rewire because his connectors were ROHS compliant as if it was NASA quality parts. ROHS is an enviromental compliance not a quality compliance. And 99% of connectors sold these days are ROHS compliant.:rofl:

That reminds me of the guys car that caught on fire because of the rewire and he then turned the car into a real BBQ.

PTP rewire, they are SMOKING hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.