Dodge SRT Forum banner

My car got Key'd

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  4ast4orward 
#1 ·
Yesterday i was on my way to work and some dick keyd my car and about 15 other cars on my street including my roommates:ben:, my deductible is 500$ and im very frugal and after speaking with my neighbor he assures me we can get it out with the right tools chemicals and paints heres some pictures i after i did some wet sanding to the scratch it goes all the way from my 1/2 panel to the start of my fender on my drivers side.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats the worse. You can usually get them to look halfway decent depending on how deep they keyed. Good luck

#6 ·
Yeah if you can get them to paint the whole car for 500 bucks that would be awesome. Insurance companies are tight though so theyll prob want to panel match.

#17 ·
Yeah some kid ran into my car with his bike the second day i got it, cracked the headlight and dinged/scratched the hood. A week after that my car got keyed. Some guy also punched my car when he rode by on his bike while I was in it...put a dent in the trunk. Keep in mind that I'm a safe/cautious driver...I'm gonna have to start murdering people.

#19 ·
Shitty for sure. But,if the scratch is not through the clear coat it can probably be wet sanded and polished out. There are mobile outfits that specialize in scratch repair. Check your yellow pages or call a local dealer and ask who they use. Some of the mobile paint repair techs will work on scratches as well as some paintless dent repair companies. Ask around.

#20 ·
The scratch definitely went through my clear coat and my paint in afew areas after smoothing the scratch out and using touch up paint and lacquer in and air brush the color was off by a little so me and my neighbor are gonna sand again and respray this time using 200$ PPG PB5 and clear should be a 99.9% exact match ill take pics once its done. With how shitty the situation is with someone fucking with my car i sure am learning ALOT about auto painting from my neighbor and after checking with my insurance my deducible is 750$ :stab:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.