post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Premium Member
My 04 SRT4 "rescue"

Here it is, my baby...the car i wanted since i was 16 year old. The reason why i got into Neons in the first place...my 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 in Electric Blue. I like to think i saved her for a life of abuse as from what i can tell after spending time working on her and bringing her back to life, shes had a hard life. Now i have much more to do to her but shes alive and kicking, ready to walk the streets once again. When i got her the engine was replaced by a horrible backyard mechanic who butchered the install, the turbo was puking oil, the alternator was smoking, the tires all flat and pooched, the rims nearly all destroyed...interior was dirty as hell and the k frame was welded in unspeakable spots...the exahust has be straight piped 3" with cat removed and is rusting through on some spots...and much more...she was driven hard and put away wet...

Since i got her in January i replaced her heart (engine) gave her new tires, resurfaced the rims, a FULL DEEP detail inside n out (sadly its crappy on the roads to its already dirty) resurfaced the headlights, and flushed all the fluids excluding the brake fluid wich is to come. Next up it will be getting new brakes all round then a new suspension.

Once she gets back to OEM state the real fun begins. But already im having a blast, cant contain my smile when i sit in it and drive. Or the smirk when you put it to the floor and hear that 2.4 turbo spool up and go...and she goes! Now if only the city would fix there dam roads! lol

But its good knowing shes in good hands now...and will be well taken care of if not the best taken care of Neon in this City/Province.

HybridKid and enginjoe like this.

03 Chevy Cavalier 2.2ECO Auto Daily Driver GF car
05 Chevy Cavalier 2.2ECO supercharged (RIP)
04 Dodge SRT4 BACK FROM THE DEAD! Stock so far. In resto mode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:05 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Picture isn't working, but nice too see someone with passion. haha You got a hp/tq goal yet?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats on the new whip! Mine was also neglected but its worth every bit of sweat, its just so damn fun to drive. Great to see another one saved.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Congrats! good job on restoring the car. I am in the same situation myself, recently purchased my 04 after chasing it for a few years, from original owner yet. i'm doing all maintenance items now.
where are you from? winnipeg here.
canadian winters were not good to my rocker panels ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode