Dodge SRT Forum banner

1st time turbo/srt4/forum member.

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Pizza Trump 
#1 ·
Whats up guys, Just recently purchased my first, turboed, and also srt4 vehicle. It's been a fast 3 months but I'm already in love. By far the best 4cylinder I've ever owned. Mostly stock. Purchased it from a decent family man in conroe. Definitely needs some tlc, and paint. But for now, just a short ram intake, 3" catless straight pipe with 4"ss tips, and from what i seen most aren't fans of.... i went with cross hair deletes, and saving for a new, bigger, intercooler. New to the forum scene, always down to cruise and grub, unfortunately my work schedule prohibits me to be free only Sundays and mondays. And if by chance this is in the wrong section, feel free to put me in my place.

#4 ·
Introduce myself further as well, 22 yr old father. Located in Texas city, currently the head chef at nopalera grill galveston, and currently in the process of apprenticing to be a crane operator. Also a tattoo artist, @mattfurytattoos, my time is spent working, cruising and with my kid.

Little bit more about about the car, it's an 04', haven't gotten a tune or dyno, but I believe it's around 14psi, and probably 280hp. Working on putting it in better shape, new driver fender, saving for slotted rotors, rims tires, the basics. My plan is to get it looking ALMOST show car ready, then go in for the big turbo, upgraded internals and so on. My wife works for caliber collision in pasadena, and my plan is to have them give me a decent re-paint job, nothing fancy, then to go for the red plastidip.

I look forward to future posts, and possible Meet and greets with everyone here!

#5 ·
Looking good thats a nice start, the forum has tons of info on power goals and paths you can take. Just keep up with the maintenance and she should last. How many miles she got and how much ungot her for?

First things first, 1st mod should be a wideband. You need to know how the car is running

#9 ·
Well found my third, but the first was same year, just the si model and yellow. But this is a 91 Honda crx. We grounde the paint and gave a light clear to ggive it that soft rust, kinda like a ratrod. But why I love these cars specifically. Noone else does. I first came across them years ago on the original X box game "juiced". And since then it's been a dream of mine. To come across one, as less molested as possible, tear it apart and rebuild it from the ground up. Get it nearly as mint as possible. And pretty much just trophy it.

#10 ·
nice!
if you change the oil every 5k and don't mod it .. its a good 175k mile car..
if you mod it.. gets addictive quickly and stuff breaks.
i would suggest 1 mod.. get a dsp and flash it

#12 ·
^^^this is how everyone ends up. Its like cutting the mopar out of the car. Are you going to install some mesh or something so the intercooler wont get damaged being pelted with road debris?
Ive been checking out the chevy cruze & yahoo images has a dark blue one with the bumper/grill cut out but he installed mesh & it looks decent.
Ive been into neons since 97 & have yet to see a neon bumper cut that looks good (to me anyways). Prove me wrong & do something one-off ??
You have a great start & good looking car! Im not in anyway trying to be a dick, just cunstructive critisizm, in the end its your car do as you please. Ppl sometimes dont like my cuda stripes or my painted wheels & especially my racelands but shes mine, i built it for me & only me. Good luck & keep us posted on progress. Hell, start a project log ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.