messed with some more yesterday and i think i finally made a breakthrough as far as how much polyfill to add.
tks for ur comment on the 1 lb per sq foot, but i just had to play it by ear until it sounded correct for me.
i think i took the speaker off about 5 more times yesterday testing in between.
the polyfill i am using is the one that is flat . its cuttable with scissors. ive seen other kind that is more like cotton candy fluffy. mine was like... maybe 5mm think roll.
i must have tried id say maybe 10 different amounts until i think i got it right. including other previous days.
started with what i thought it should be w a little on the less side. i just heard improvement my 1st time.
having the toggle switch helped me out. had to get the stereo settings dialed in. then the only thing i was changing was amount of polyfill..
basically just added and subtracted until i think i got it right.
i will say that once i added polyfill, my laying down some towels beside the subwoofer trick did not work for me anymore. i havent tried it again yet but im hopeful i wont need to.
that and how tight you tightened the 4 screws i think i notice a little
difference there too.
i seem to like tightening it just barely tight enough to where the assembly doesnt rattle. too tight and for some reason i dont like it.
tks again for your 1 lb per sq foot thing. i think im roughly in those parameters.