|04-13-2008, 04:32 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2005
Member Number: 28234
Location: Atlanta, GA
**** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - SRT4 12v FAQ and INFO ****
General SRT4 Car Audio Information:Front Dash Speakers: 3.5"
- 1" Tweeter with 3.5" mounting bracket
Front Door Speakers: 6.5"
- 2 1/4" mounting depth max
Rear Deck Speakers: 6x9"
- Unlimited mounting space
- The output is controlled by the factory computer.
- 56029915AB 2003 factory alternator ALTERNATOR - 160 AMP (BAB)
- 56029701AB 2004 factory alternator ALTERNATOR - 136 AMP (BAZ)
- 56029701AB 2005 factory alternator ALTERNATOR - 136 AMP (BAZ)
-Battery Information and Discussion
Any Headunit that fits a regular neon fits the SRT4.
- Single DIN
- Double DINs require modification: How to: Double Din Navi
Kicker Livin' Loud Specifications:
- All speakers upgraded however still powered from the OEM radio.
- 6 Disk CD Changer below HVAC controls.
- Subwoofer is 10" and is amplified by a 100 watt amp @ 1 ohm and the box is 0.68 cubic feet.
- You CANNOT keep the Kicker factory 6-disk with an aftermarket headunit
- You CAN however, keep the Kicker System (minus the 6 disk changer) with an aftermarket headunit.
- It's already tied into the stock wiring harness, so the aftermarket harness will hook it right up.
- Kicker amplifier info/specs: Fyi Kicker Amp information
In order to use a MP3 player with stock Headunit
- You must buy the auxiliary input adapter.
In order to use the stock headunit with an aftermarket amplifier
- You must buy a LOC (Line Out Converter) which takes the signal used for a speaker and transfers it to RCA's for the amplifier to use.
- You do not have to give up rear speakers to do this, you are just tying into their signal.
There is NO single best Subwoofer combination!
- All subwoofers fit different needs, whether it be SQ or SPL.
SRT4 SpecificAftermarket Harness Wiring Chart:
-**aftermarket Harness Wiring Chart***
-Radio Connector Pinout
-How To: Install Jensen Flip Up Head Unit
Front Speaker Install:
-Front Speaker Install How-To
Front Speakers - Components v. Coaxials:
Front Speaker Wire Pass Through for Door Instructions:
Rear Speaker Install:
-Rear Speaker Install-How To
SRT4 Big 3 Install:
-**Big 3 Pictures**
Kicker Livin' Loud Subwoofer Replacements:
-Livin Loud Sub Replacements
Installing Kicker Livin' Loud Subwoofer:
-helllppp!! kicker sub
Installing Kicker Livin' Loud - All speakers and Subwoofer:
-Kicker Installation Files
Auxiliary Input Adapter for Stock Headunit (cannot have kicker system):
-PIE CHRY02-AUX DODGE AUXILIARY INPUT ADAPTER
HOW-TO Install the AUX Input Adapter:
-How to Install an Ipod / mp3 adapter for the stock radio
HOW-TO Install the Iphone and Ipod Integration Adapter:
-iPhone / iPod Integration to Factory Deck
How to Run the Power Wire for Amplifiers:
-How do you run your Power wire?
HOW-TO: Rear Battery Relocation (with cutoff switch)
-HOW-TO: NHRA/ IHRA Approved Battery Relocation
Custom Enclosures in the SRT4:
3.5" Dash Speaker and Tweeter Mounting Information:
3 1/2in speaker in the dash?
Sattellite Radio Antenna Mounting Locations:
Satellite Radio Antenna Mounting...
Subwoofer Review Thread:
Subwoofer Review Thread
How To: Remote Key FOB Programming
How-To: Remote Key Fob Programming!
Member Kicker Speaker Change
Upgrading my stock Kicker system
General Audio Threads:Bass Song Thread:
Tips for bass songs
Big 3 Wiring Mod:
Woofer Wiring Wizard:
Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard
RE Enclosure Calculator
Differences in Box Types:
Free Ported Box Plans:
Stereo Tuning 101:
stereo tuning 101
Car Audio Terms (Don't understand a word? Look here!):
Do I need 2 Batteries?:
Speaker/Crossover FAQ and Sound Quality Discussion Thread:
Proper Electrical Grounds Guide:
Engine Whine and Group Loop Fixes:
Engine Whine and Group Loop Fixes
Antenna Options:Most shorty Antenna's do NOT provide as good as reception as stock, however some are better than others.
Internal Antenna - Allows you to shave external antenna!!:
Zzapp Motorsports Antenna:
Zzapp Motorsports Billet Antenna for Neon - ZM5-000
MPX Shorty Antenna:
Modern Performance Racing Products
The Oshawa Antenna:
eBay Seller: srt41320: Car Electronics, Consumer Electronics items on eBay.com
Last edited by stage3matt; 04-13-2011 at 03:04 PM.
|04-07-2011, 08:10 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Member Number: 54658
Location: Methuen, MA
SRT4 Remote Start, Alarm, and ConvenienceWiring Info
Information provided AS-IS. Myself, SRTForums, and everyone else are not at fault if YOU decide to use this information and screw something up. Please buy a Digital Multimeter and TEST TEST TEST to verify all circuits before you integrate with ANYTHING.
Please notice and understand the 'Notes' provided. Some circuits in this vehicle are not your typical +12v or ground activated switches. There are data buses and multiplexed circuits that control MANY things within the car. Knowing how to properly and safely integrate with these systems is KEY to not damaging anything. Do things wrong and you WILL fry something.
There are multiple companies that manufacture bypass kits that interface with the SKIS/SKIM system securely. Some of the more popular would be DEI's Xpresskit Series, ADS iDatalink modules, as well as modules from Fortin.
New England SRT Owners Club Association
100,000 mile club
I would still rather have AIDS then a LT1. I wouldn't care if your car went low 6's on pump in the 1/4 bone stock with a Tornado.