*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!)

Courtesy of MOE LESTER on Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com. He put a lot of time and effort into this and deserves credit.

Let me know if the pictures are linked to the wrong and feel free to post any comments. Also if anyone knows how to make the pictures so you don't have to load them on this page, that would be appreciated...lots of images for the comp to load! No problem for my Quad Core, but probably is for you!


1.25@32hz



1.6@32hz



1.75@32hz



2@27hz



2@29hz



2@30hz



2@31hz



2@32hz #1



2@32hz #2



2@32hz #3



2@34hz #1



2@34hz #2



2@35hz #1



2@35hz #2



2@35hz #3

CrEaTrE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
2.1@32hz #1



2.1@32hz #2



2.5@28hz #1



2.5@28hz #2



2.5@32hz



2.6@32hz



2.75@30hz



2.9@33hz



2.95@34hz



3@30hz



3@33hz



3@35hz



3@45hz



3.2@28hz #1



3.2@28hz #2


Last edited by CrEaTrE; 04-13-2008 at 05:51 AM.
CrEaTrE is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
3.5@30hz



3.5@32hz #1



3.5@32hz #2



4@35hz #1



4@35hz #2



4@35hz #3



4.2@34hz



4.3@32hz



4.4@32hz



4.5@30hz



4.4@35hz



4.5@35hz



4.6@35hz



5@32hz



5@34hz


Last edited by CrEaTrE; 04-13-2008 at 05:57 AM.
CrEaTrE is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 PM
SRTforums Member
 
04ebluenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what sub specs were used for all these designs?

It's not like all subs will work the same and have the F3 point that is listed with all those designs.

Those designs may work well with maybe an Alpine Type E 12 but sound like absolute crap and have insane port velocity with maybe a Rockford T1 12
04ebluenb is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ebluenb View Post
So what sub specs were used for all these designs?

It's not like all subs will work the same and have the F3 point that is listed with all those designs.

Those designs may work well with maybe an Alpine Type E 12 but sound like absolute crap and have insane port velocity with maybe a Rockford T1 12
Incorrect. I've used the 2.35@33hz design with a subwoofer much larger than Rockford T1 and it hit 150db. These boxes will work no matter what sub and number of sub you have. You just need to find a box that fits your needs with volume and tune frequency. They are just basic designs for newer people looking ot make their first boxes. Most people don't build a box with the actual subwoofer in mind unless you are a serious installer, and if that is you then you don't need to be looking at these plans anyway.

Last edited by CrEaTrE; 04-13-2008 at 04:46 PM.
CrEaTrE is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
SRTforums Member
 
HCCAFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 5,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats good info. Thanks!
HCCAFan is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
SRTforums Member
 
04inred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Hood TX
Posts: 2,659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Slot ports FTW, round ports often have to much port noise.

E-85 will keep it alive.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
04inred is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
SRTforums Member
 
srtowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 8,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awesome subscribing.

Emergency led warning light bars
CPS Authority Emergency LED Lighting
srtowner is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
SRTforums Member
 
04ebluenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEaTrE View Post
Incorrect. I've used the 2.35@33hz design with a subwoofer much larger than Rockford T1 and it hit 150db. These boxes will work no matter what sub and number of sub you have. You just need to find a box that fits your needs with volume and tune frequency. They are just basic designs for newer people looking ot make their first boxes. Most people don't build a box with the actual subwoofer in mind unless you are a serious installer, and if that is you then you don't need to be looking at these plans anyway.
Well then the everyday person should just buy a $79 Best Buy box.

As for slot ports being better that round ports that is debatable too. When putting the right size round port(s) in a box you will not have much port velocity. You can still get plent of port velocity out of a slot port too.


My last box i had a slot port and the new box i have 2 - 4" round ports. Both work great.

The new enclosure though is having trouble staying in place now when the sub is burped lol the box actually will raise almost an inch off the floor.
04ebluenb is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ebluenb View Post
Well then the everyday person should just buy a $79 Best Buy box.

As for slot ports being better that round ports that is debatable too. When putting the right size round port(s) in a box you will not have much port velocity. You can still get plent of port velocity out of a slot port too.


My last box i had a slot port and the new box i have 2 - 4" round ports. Both work great.

The new enclosure though is having trouble staying in place now when the sub is burped lol the box actually will raise almost an inch off the floor.
That is the last thing you should ever say man, I can't believe you. And no enclosure should raise up almost an inch off the floor. You should have mounted the box to the car somehow. I'm not getting into the round and slot port debate though, both have their uses.
CrEaTrE is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:39 PM
SRTforums Member
 
04ebluenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah it should definately not raise since the sub does weigh 75lbs too.
04ebluenb is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
2011 Calendar Car
 
NoisufnoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 12,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
nice post. sticky material????

my sub rocks since you can adjust the magnet for the enclosure.

infinity kappa perfect DVQ fTW

I remember the days of...

...most of you weren't born yet.

|| Mod List || RIP Mod List || (Re)Build Thread ||
|| Blog || Mr. November #3 ||
NoisufnoC is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Forum Moderator
 
CrEaTrE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisufnoC View Post
nice post. sticky material????

my sub rocks since you can adjust the magnet for the enclosure.

infinity kappa perfect DVQ fTW
Yeah those infinity kappa perfects are nice SQ subs. Heard a lot of good things about them.

Last edited by CrEaTrE; 04-30-2008 at 03:43 AM.
CrEaTrE is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only one thing for the anally retentive box builder... The numbers don't add up. Most of the totals that he quotes for Cft are off by 0.1, compared to manually adding them up.

Still good info for most people.
lensam69 is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Searcy, Ar
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
K.. can you design a box for two Memphis m3's that will fit in a skittle.. with the port between the subs..

the subs need about 1.5cu ft. of airspace each.. and they peak at 42hz.. (these are 12's by the way)

Last edited by Darkrebelion; 07-13-2008 at 05:01 AM.
Darkrebelion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome