Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT of the Month Discussion Thread

49K views 168 replies 53 participants last post by  MichaelSrt4 
#1 · (Edited)

BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY POSTS PLEASE READ THE RULES

Click here for the rules http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f389/srt-ride-month-official-rules-486627/#post6876130
This thread is for discussing the Ride of the Month.

Please keep all questions, comments, and whatever else in this thread.

I would like to thank FNG (Mike) first of all for giving me the suggestion to run with it and all of the Staff agreed on making this section possible.

I think it is going to be a good time.

Any comments, suggestions (negative or positive) are welcome.

Thank you
Pete

See less See more
#69 ·
Ok so a few issues here I would like to address. First of all, ROTM is one of the only things I do follow on this site anymore. It is always an entertaining thread, fairly active, and a lot of fun. I think everyone involved has done a great job of both promoting it, and moderating it.

The first thing to address is Wigg-mans concerns on the blind poll issue. No one has gotten their feelings hurt this far, I doubt that would be an issue. Additionally, a large majority of voters publicly post who they voted for anyway.

The second issue is this 'themes' nonsense. I think you are taking away one of the most valuable pieces from ROTM and that is the open nominations every month. What you are proposing is only the members who can accomodate a theme and post pictures as such can participate. What about members who are overseas and have access to a computer with their pictures, but not their ride?

Another valid point that has been brought up already is a conflict in values. An easter theme singles out a group of people. Are we going to have a Shushan Purim or Passover theme for the jewish members? Or a Lailat al-Ma'raj theme for the muslim members?

I understand the intent, but it will take a value away from the contest. I think you are going to have an even tougher time then Conroy already has trying to get nominations secured and PMs responded to and folks actually participating in the contest after they are nominated.

This will decrease the popularity without a doubt.

#70 ·
I understand the intent, but it will take a value away from the contest. I think you are going to have an even tougher time then Conroy already has trying to get nominations secured and PMs responded to and folks actually participating in the contest after they are nominated.
Excellent point. I know he has a hard enough time already. Themes would mean that polls wouldn't start 'til mid-month, I'd imagine.

#71 ·
It was a suggestion from two of the members from the site. Easter wasn't one of the things we were going to roll with it was just an idea for a theme. I really like some of the themes and think it will work quarterly throughout the year. Meaning four times out of the month we will bring in a theme. I understand where you guys are coming from but this is why I am putting it up for discussion before we implemented it. It is the members point of view that I want to get on this and not getting many members in here giving there .02. Maybe I will make a poll to see what the majority will be for Srt of the month.

#73 ·
I was the one that started it btw from a suggestion from a member. I got the suggestion from a good buddy of mine and I ran with it. Changes aren't always a bad thing. Themes would broaden the amount of people that can participate as well.

#74 ·
Pm from a member:

The theme is not “nonsense” the theme will make it more challenging. Exp. You could have a bone stock SRT making a jump on dirt and a poser shot but I can tell you that I would vote for the guy making the jump because hes got balls doing something like that then just maxing out a credit card online. Its more of the effort put into getting the photo. Another thing is cutting out the photoshop and cropping and limiting it to resizing only not everyone has that technology and some people are still on dial up. It just makes it even across the board. It then make individual come up with his/her own creativity.

What would be better is get rid of the “nominated” issue and just have a thread started before the month starts and have everyone who wants to precipate post a photo in the thread, (you have till this day to submit your photos) those photos taken and put into the poll. The winner of the poll get put on list so he/she can’t enter again for XXX amount of time. There are a lot of people who have great cars that won’t ever get nominated this just makes it even across the board.

The themes can be discussed over the Mods and chosen for the month but these themes will be good to start with:
Drag strip racing
cars autocrossing
cars road racing
carshows
favorite sports
senic outdoor shots
city shots
burnout shots
creative VDay getaway
wet or soapy shots
reflection shots(window, water, another car, mirror)

now because someone said they can’t enter because they can do that theme well some people can’t enter because they don’t max out there credit card on parts. If you can’t precpate that month then hopefully you can the next month this puts everyone on the same playing field. If you don’t race then put them in the carshows, sports, senic, city, wet/soapy, reflection shots month. Those that do race it lets you come in to the picture and show us what your car can do. This will make it more interesting and also cut the popularity contest out.

I say get rid of the nominated like you’ve been doing in the past and open it up and let everyone in.
I say give it 3 months if it doesn’t work then go back to the nominated way.
I say start with Senic Outdoor shots, wet/soapy shots, and all Racing themes for this trial period.

#75 ·
first post.

now those themes have worked on other forums for their ROTMs so if you do use them here i know they will work. some people wont like them because its weeding them out and forcing them to be different but it also give other people the chance to come out into the spotlight.

#78 ·
Aaron not gonna be on for a while. On my phone right now. I will send you a pm with my number so you can either text me or call me.

#81 ·
I really like your idea. I think the members will like it as well. I say we roll with it Aaron.

#87 ·
What does everybody think of this.

I don't like how congested the first page is with 25+ pictures. How about the members that are nominated make a thread in the showoff section and link to it on the first post along with the one picture they want there.

So you can click the different links and view their threads.

#89 ·
That's a great idea Pete. Most times I am surfing the foorums from my Droid, and whenever I load a page that is image heavy it can take quite a while to load. I never once thought to bring up the issue, but I'm glad you thought of it.

#90 ·
i thought of it because i am always on the iphone haha :)....

#92 ·
Did you activate your account? Did you go to your email and register properly?

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.