Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT of the Month Discussion Thread

49K views 168 replies 53 participants last post by  MichaelSrt4 
#1 · (Edited)

BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY POSTS PLEASE READ THE RULES

Click here for the rules http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f389/srt-ride-month-official-rules-486627/#post6876130
This thread is for discussing the Ride of the Month.

Please keep all questions, comments, and whatever else in this thread.

I would like to thank FNG (Mike) first of all for giving me the suggestion to run with it and all of the Staff agreed on making this section possible.

I think it is going to be a good time.

Any comments, suggestions (negative or positive) are welcome.

Thank you
Pete

See less See more
#7 ·
It was suggested by a member to a moderator (Pete). He asked other mods what we thought and we all agreed it would be a good idea. We went with it and it's turning out good. For the first month only 2 days into it, we already have 7 people nominated.

Next month some things will change to ween out the ones nominated just because they're friends.

#15 ·
Thas why we never got it up b4. People like it or not play favorites, and not for the right reasons with stuff like this. "hey man, nominate me and ill nominate you. by the way, get all the boys in here to vote for me, and we will get you next time......"

How is that gona work out? Just some obvious questions.

#8 ·
Because of a good suggestion from a good friend of mine when he was bored on duty. He sent me a pm saying wtf why don't we have a ROTM. I said yeah why don't we and asked the staff what they thought. Made a poll and it was definitely something that we wanted to do :).

#14 ·
just to throw it out there, we have January-September covered for sponsors for SRT of the Month. I will not say who is sponsoring what month and what they are offering but, every single vendor participating is offering something i wouldn't mind having :)......

#17 ·
I thought i did that in the rules for this month but i guess i forgot to add that.

It is in the rules now.

Btw Ryan i took out the part about the photo gallery. Not everybody can add photos to the gallery unless they are at least a premium member.

#20 ·
i love the car boneriffic but this thread isn't started to post pictures for a nomination.

make a thread in showoff section.

#25 ·
haha i should of just sent him a pm but was too lazy to do so trying to get the poll ready :)

#29 · (Edited)
OK, I see the thread getting pretty jammed up. Think on this:

a stand alone SRT of the Month Section, like a vendor section. In this section every nominated person gets there own thread to post up their pics and mods list. And we have a separate thread for the poll so people can vote. One vote per voter, for the month. Winner waits until the new year b4 being able to be nominated again. What do you think on this, as well as the stipulation I stated above? It sounds feasible.

P.S. Why cant i vote, it says I am not allowed lol.

#30 ·
I don't know why you cannot vote. The poll looks fine to me and you have not voted yet on that poll. It would be way to cluttered if we allowed all of the members to make there own thread. We are just going to leave it clean the way it is. I am actually asking for a sub-section for strictly the SRT of the Month winners. I might just make that an announcement i don't know yet. What do you think.

#32 ·
haha that is funny. They will be able to pm me or flame a biography (the winner) and we will start a thread in the announcement area or in the srt of the month section. We will discuss this and see which way we rather go. Any input on this would be good.

#34 ·
Can ya'll change the look of the webpage???

I was thinking of taking the picture of the winner and putting it at the top of the site.

Shit would be nice....but I doubt ya'll have that much power to change shit around on the site.
I am pretty sure that is an owner-only thing. I know mods can't do it and I don't think the average admin can either. But that would be awesome.

#37 ·
that would be very cool :)....

I like that idea.

What do you think would be better... Giving them the first post after we make a thread for them in the section or having them send us a pm and quote them (making the thread ourselves).

i personally like the pm and quoting them in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.