Dodge SRT Forum banner

PCM Boost By Gear

27K views 115 replies 39 participants last post by  MustangSRT420 
#1 · (Edited)
Dragvan and I have been playing around with his tune and have refined PCM boost control by Gear.

Stock 2005 PCM, E1, FM wga

As you can see Each gear has a specific psi

1st ~10psi for a good lauch
2nd ~17psi
3rd -4th 21psi [notice there's no annoying over boost after 3/4 shift like in the 93tune]

Big thanks to UpShiftSRT4 for inadvertantly helping get the testing started:thumbsup:

Exclusive to duster360 tunes

See less See more
#2 ·
It so nice to have this boost per gear work. Im on 205/50/17 and no spin whatsoever most of the time lol. Its right on the edge of traction in the first 2 gears. You can see it spun allitle at the top of first.

Thanks Duster and I guess a thank you goes to UpshiftSRT4 this has made the car so nice to drive everyday. Car feels like a factory tuned car. If your not on PCM boost this another thing telling you you should be lol.

#25 ·
My cure for traction issues used to be 225/45/17 BFG drag radials on the street but thanks to duster my cure for traction issues is just make sure i'm in fourth gear:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey Dragvan is duster on a roll or what,he fixes your traction issues only to make mine worse and we are both happy lol.
All joking aside,if i didn't already have the boost box i'd be all over this in a heartbeat,great work guys.

#22 ·
Intial dialing in of the boost levels is included in the tune. It will be customized for your current set up. If you decide later on that you want the lower gear boost level raised or lowered, then YES, you'd need a new tune. If that's all you'd wanted changed it would be free of charge :thumbsup:

I can supply you with a BbG tune for the street and a tune without any boost reductions for the track.

#24 · (Edited)
I love the Boost Box but PCM control has several advantages.

1) Includes FULL custom tune - A/F, timing, sensor and injector rescales, ect
2) Maintains PCM's integrated boost reduction safeguards
3) No installation
4) No tuning required by end user [still available through tool]
5) No extra parts or wiring connections that might fail

#29 ·
have you tried this out with a big turbo srt? i was talking with dragvan last night at the local meets and he was extremely pleased with his results so hes difinately got me interested

#33 ·
Are there any negative aspects to this tune? Not that i think there would be any. Will this tune provide better horsepower results on the dyno? How much of an improvement do u think this would provide on ur 60ft or overall 1/4s? Would this tune work with a 2step or would it render it unneeded?

#34 ·
looking at your 60ft I would say ya it will help. I ran 1.98 no wheel spin what so ever with the 8psi in first. Then secound 16psi no spin third 19 ran a 8.4 1/8th at 87. Thats on a 93 pump tune for street tires. As far as dyno goes depending on your tune now you could make more but the key is all that spinning doesnt move the car.

#39 ·
In case you've missed it, PCM BbG control has some advantages over the BoostBox

1) Includes FULL custom tune - A/F, timing, sensor and injector rescales, ect
2) Maintains PCM's integrated boost reduction safeguards
3) No installation
4) No tuning required by end user [still available through tool]
5) No extra parts or wiring connections that might fail

So if your the kind of guy that loves to fiddle with your boost settings all the time, then may be keeping the Boost Box isn't so bad. But if you've only set it once and never touched it again, then a BbG tune is a better deal. See #1---a complete tune is included in the deal.

Personally, I'm a fiddeler, I like to screw around with stuff just for the hell of it and almost to a fault. If I didn't have a CMR or SCT PRP, I'd probably have a boost box, I still might buy a WOT box.

#40 ·
Nigel wanted me to wait a week til i get my car tuned i would love to have a duster/turbo666 tune. Freekin awesome

#42 ·
i know this is the DS forum...but since we are on the topic of TDS tunes...can BbG be achieved on an SCT tune or only with DS?

#44 ·
Well once the boost per gear is set and done Im the kind of person who will just leave it alone, so I should just get rid of my boost box then right.?

And how much would it for E-85 Tune plus the boost per gear option.

#48 ·
I just wondered onto this thread and realized that I am partially, and accidentally, responsible for the foundation of this awesome tool. :clap:

Keep up the AWESOME work, Dave. :thumbsup:

#52 ·
Thanks man! Im loving this BPG on mine Ive recently had to load the slightly lower tune becouse of the new FM mani that I just put on. 16 in 2nd was fine before but now the 14 psi tune seems better. 8,14,18,20 so nice lol.

#53 ·
Duster, if I were to get a tune for this bbg I would have to switch back to the stock S3 WGA I suppose. I have a TDS rescaled tune (which is perfect) but not an entire email tune so would I need the entire shabang or could we just add bbg to my tune? I am happy with the A/F and ign. advance that I have dialed in myself but the bbg could definitely make the car more enjoyable I think!

#54 ·
You wouldn't neccesarily have to change anything. It depends on how much control your PCM actually has over the wga. The PCM can only lower the boost down to the wga's "spring psi"

Just a guess but if you can lower the boost 4-5psi by removing "Boost" with the DSP, then BbG should work with what you have.

#57 ·
Instead of a set boost per gear can you ramp up the boost slowly through the rpms to keep the turbo from hitting too hard?

#58 ·
Thats boost per RPM and yes it can be done. That is the first way I tried mine and it worked good. The boost per gear works alot better for my setup. With a auto Maybe RPM may work? I think just finding what boost is max for first and then 2nd then doind a boost per gear tune would be much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.