Request to drop 50 post minimum to view or post in the Buy/Sell Section - Dodge SRT Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2712 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Request to drop 50 post minimum to view or post in the Buy/Sell Section

I'm proposing dropping the 50 post minimum to view and post in the Buy/Sell Section as the title states.

With the forum on a down hill spiral i think it's finally time time to remove the restriction from that section. I think that if more people could use that section that they will be more motivated to stay here and post. If needed the section could be set up to be a buy at your own risk and at no fault to the staff or owners of the forum.

The type of scammers that ruined that section years ago have long moved on to scamming other forums and other car platforms. I'm not saying this is going to revive this forum to it's former glory but i do think it could help the hemorrhaging of members it's seen in the last few years.

Any feedback from other members and staff would be welcomed.

Last edited by Pizza Trump; 07-03-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:32 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
I would love to be able to see just the parts wanted area to post up for what I need

05 NSRT-4
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
If this passes i say it should all be open with only one restriction that you have to be a member for at least 3 months. With the sites post count monitors not properly working so many members who should have reached 50 post long time ago but the post counter isn't working properly. Also this should stop people from post whoring stupid comments just to reach the 50 post minimum which should unclutter the threads.
floyd831 and dasginganinja like this.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:49 PM
SRTforums Member

Garage
I was under the impression only certain posts counted. I know Ive posted a lot more than it shows. I used to be the head admin on a forum. We didnt have restrictions on it but rules stated no one was liable if anyone got screwed, and we would do whatever to help resolve the problem. Only 2-3 times a situation wasnt resolved. We also had a PR team, I was in charge of it and it helped out with new members. Most seem too shy to post, greeting them in a visitor message seemed to help, posting links to the new member intro forum, site subscriptions, and a few other things. It made a big difference. Even new members were signing up for subs. Way more than before. This forum is for older 80's-90's turbo Dodges, and there is more active members than here it seems, though the forum has slowed a bit. We all post whored in the lounge. Everyone knew each other, even though we all never met. I had more phone numbers from members than people I actually know. It was a really tight group to say the least, but now like this one, autoguide owns it..............

05 NSRT-4
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:58 PM
SRTforums Admin

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
the post count works as intended (stats for most in a week may be broken, but the post counter for each member is fine). Not all sections count, and some admins/mods have had their post counts vastly increased in the admin panel just for the hell of it.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 02:08 PM
SRTforums Member

Garage
Sucks cause this makes post 66. I know exactly how they are doing that on the admin CP. I loved messing with peoples profiles in the admin control panel, mainly the user title

05 NSRT-4
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowaway View Post
the post count works as intended (stats for most in a week may be broken, but the post counter for each member is fine). Not all sections count, and some admins/mods have had their post counts vastly increased in the admin panel just for the hell of it.
Nope! I've seen multiple members who have posted in technical sections and other parts of the forum and their post count still says 0.

post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 02:48 PM
SRTforums Admin

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
some sections don't count, including in the tech area. It's a little random. I didn't set that part up, someone else did.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
Well if you remove the post count restriction it will fix that and encourage others to come back to the forum.
dasginganinja likes this.

Last edited by Pizza Trump; 07-03-2015 at 06:04 PM.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 07:18 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would like to see the post limit lifted. I've been a member for 2 years with only 40 posts, most of the info I needed was found using search so I didn't post much.
Pizza Trump and friend088 like this.
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
There are many more like you.
f3racer and SER-ious like this.

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:35 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
rofl @ your sig......
I haven't even glanced at the for sale section in years. I think the last thing i bought/sold was in 2009. And I've had access since i've joined/whatever the old rule was. I had a WTB for a side skirt forever... like 2 years. I had to wait my turn for a crashed car partout.

Big wheel stage 3. fresh motor. 151k on body. Will be repainting soon pop my hood red.
BC rods, JE pistons stock 8:1 .020 over, BS delete.
Sways & STbraces, coilovers valved by Feal, DIY solid control arms, wannabee racecar alignment.
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4EaterJonny View Post
rofl @ your sig......
I haven't even glanced at the for sale section in years. I think the last thing i bought/sold was in 2009. And I've had access since i've joined/whatever the old rule was. I had a WTB for a side skirt forever... like 2 years. I had to wait my turn for a crashed car partout.
I love my sig. There are so many new members who only want to find parts for their cars or to sell what they no longer need or want. Once they realize they can't access our sell section they move on to Facebook. If this forum is going to stay alive we need to drop some restrictions and lower vendor fees and people need to start posting in more threads. If people can post a thread and get responses it encourages more threads and more members to join and post.

I can't believe auto guide doesn't care enough about their investment to implement measures to prevent this forum from turning into a ghost town.

Last edited by Pizza Trump; 07-03-2015 at 11:56 PM.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:03 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
I agree with everything you're saying. Do you still have your neon? I think you had a 99-04 GT Mustang?

Big wheel stage 3. fresh motor. 151k on body. Will be repainting soon pop my hood red.
BC rods, JE pistons stock 8:1 .020 over, BS delete.
Sways & STbraces, coilovers valved by Feal, DIY solid control arms, wannabee racecar alignment.
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4EaterJonny View Post
I agree with everything you're saying. Do you still have your neon? I think you had a 99-04 GT Mustang?
I have a 05 neon and a 97 Trans Am and I'm currently in the process of buying back my first srt that i bought new in July of 2005.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode