Dodge SRT Forum banner

NE Ohio.... Again

5M views 47K replies 148 participants last post by  Midnight Rider 
#1 ·
#39,501 ·
if you know what it looks like, go to the store and have them pull every seal that is remotely related to the oil pump in their system. or take the oil pump with you and do the same thing
yeah the guy thats doing it for me is going to take the old seals to the parts stores and see if they have one.

I also have an oil leak, so we think thats what caused the pump to go bad, he said its coming from that area, so maybe a seal went bad, caused the pump to go bad.

#39,503 ·
ugh. i cant find that damn oil pressure sensor behind my motor. i changed my oil earlier and was lookin all over the place and couldnt find shit. woulda helped if i had a flash light.
its like above the oil cooler, best to crawl under it and u cant really see it you more gotta feel it.. but it has a sensor on it, so just feel for that and unhook it then you need a BIG ASS socket to take it off, like 23 or something dumb like that.

NAPA sells actually a tool/socket to remove them.

#39,504 ·
its like above the oil cooler, best to crawl under it and u cant really see it you more gotta feel it.. but it has a sensor on it, so just feel for that and unhook it then you need a BIG ASS socket to take it off, like 23 or something dumb like that.

NAPA sells actually a tool/socket to remove them.
yea, i was feeling around, but apparently im an idiot. i was gonna use vice grips, but i think i'll go get that tool from napa. i'll have to wait til next oil change as i assume it's a lot easier to get to with the oil filter out of the way.

#39,506 ·
yea, i was feeling around, but apparently im an idiot. i was gonna use vice grips, but i think i'll go get that tool from napa. i'll have to wait til next oil change as i assume it's a lot easier to get to with the oil filter out of the way.
oh and u also have to take the charge pipe completely off if you didnt do that... oil filter isnt in the way at all.

#39,507 ·
toad it looks 100x better, flows much better! great job!!

#39,510 ·
I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to use the alcohol I was cleaning my bike gauge face with on the front plastic piece as well, but turns out that was a preeetttyyy shitty idea as it totally fucked it up.

#39,517 ·
Cow - I was trying to join you on XBL, but I don't have the new map pack, it wouldn't let me join you.. :(
oh .. get it lol1 map pac is teh awesome.