boost box - Page 3 - Dodge SRT Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM
707
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vacaville CA
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stock 04/05 injectors can get you to around a 19-20ish psi spike holding about 17 tappering down to 14-15 at 6K rpms on pump. This is with a 255 and a rewire. Also depends on how dirty the FPR filter is... that makes quite a bit of a differance.

Neons on Rhoids!
BONE stock turbo and motor from valve cover to oil pan!!!
707 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 AM
SRTforums Member
 
slo_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wheat town, CA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
damn im gonna need biger injectors and a rescale. well i can see what i can safley run with the boost box and intune. hopefully it will keep me happy for a minute. im gonna control boost with the boost box i think its easier, i will report back later the intune should be here this afternoon. im gonna look at that fpr to see if i can shoot some carb clean thru it to clean it so i know that isnt holdin me back. thanks dude
slo_04 is offline  
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Fresh Meat Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 16,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stock injectors can get you over a larger spike especially if you have a walbro with a rewire.

Most stock turbo only hold between 14-16 psi to 6K. Very few over 17.
tunerlover3 is offline  
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
SRTforums Member
 
slo_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wheat town, CA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok i got the boost box set on 16.5 and my fuel leans out to 11.8 but it holds 16.5 to red line. stock turbo. think i got my fuel maxed out. i need injectors and rescale. and 3bar map and tps. and and the list never gets smaller lol. intune and boost box quick cheap power.
slo_04 is offline  
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 PM
707
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vacaville CA
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_04 View Post
damn im gonna need biger injectors and a rescale. well i can see what i can safley run with the boost box and intune. hopefully it will keep me happy for a minute. im gonna control boost with the boost box i think its easier, i will report back later the intune should be here this afternoon. im gonna look at that fpr to see if i can shoot some carb clean thru it to clean it so i know that isnt holdin me back. thanks dude
no problem man

Neons on Rhoids!
BONE stock turbo and motor from valve cover to oil pan!!!
707 is offline  
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: houston
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
boost box

So will a boost box really let you hold more boost to redline? I would also like to know how exactly.


40 roll is offline  
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 AM
SRTforums Member
 
D-SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: monterey
Posts: 965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yes and no.

If you'd like to understand how, learn how duty cycle operation works on a solenoid.

A turbo is only going to boost what it is capable of doing, regardless of if the WG is held shut or not, so don't assume it's a miracle mod that will let you hold a large psi on a stocker.

Pumpking.
v2.0 completed..
10.31@147, 1.89 60'. 1st SRT in TENS in CA. FASTEST IN CAQUICKEST AND FASTEST EMAIL TUNED. SOLD.

Support:
MINDMELT101 TUNED. , GOKEY RACING, , Crower
IG: m_santiago37
D-SRT is offline  
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Fresh Meat Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 16,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_04 View Post
ok i got the boost box set on 16.5 and my fuel leans out to 11.8 but it holds 16.5 to red line. stock turbo. think i got my fuel maxed out. i need injectors and rescale. and 3bar map and tps. and and the list never gets smaller lol. intune and boost box quick cheap power.

You have an issue if your injectors are maxed out at just 16 psi....
tunerlover3 is offline  
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
SRTforums Member
 
slo_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wheat town, CA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok had the intune for a week now and kinda figuring it out. i hald 16.5 to red line with my boost box i can go to 17 but it will somtimes overboost throwing the overboost protection dropin boost to 10 so its set on 16.5 till i get a 3bar. my fuel is good i actually have to lean it out on 3to4k rpm and give it 15% rich in 4to5k then in 5to6k im 30% and in 6to7 40%. it holds 11.5 at redline and at 3to4k is around 10.8. to be honest i need to read more before i drive the srt hard i need a tune but dony have the money now. any advice on that is appreciated but ill go to the ds workgroup for more answers. the boost box is great and it holds boost to redline for me even at 17 but its a stocker and low boost. i love the phrase ignarence is bliss because i am trickin the ecu all the time cant be good, but ill run it for now. i got to read a lot more.
slo_04 is offline  
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slo 04: I am unsure of what is considered to be safe with these injectors, but I know I have always gone with anything over 85% duty cycle to be hard on the injectors, eventually leading to failure or an uneven a/f between cylinders. I recommend you tune for 11:1 a/f, maybe 11.5:1, with injector duty cycle being no greater than 85%. At that point, if you are like me, and would rather give up a little smile factor, inplace of not worrying as much, I would back the boost off by .5-1 psi, just to be safe.

Then again, I come from a dsmer background, so those numbers may vary a little with this being a different car. I am pretty sure I am spot on though, with maybe the exception of the safe a/f.

Hope this helps. Boost on!!!
BAMCIS is offline  
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
SRTforums Member
 
slo_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wheat town, CA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMCIS View Post
Slo 04: I am unsure of what is considered to be safe with these injectors, but I know I have always gone with anything over 85% duty cycle to be hard on the injectors, eventually leading to failure or an uneven a/f between cylinders. I recommend you tune for 11:1 a/f, maybe 11.5:1, with injector duty cycle being no greater than 85%. At that point, if you are like me, and would rather give up a little smile factor, inplace of not worrying as much, I would back the boost off by .5-1 psi, just to be safe.

Then again, I come from a dsmer background, so those numbers may vary a little with this being a different car. I am pretty sure I am spot on though, with maybe the exception of the safe a/f.

Hope this helps. Boost on!!!
Thanks dude, ive done alot of reading and I totaly agree with all you said. But I talked to duster360 and got some 1025, no lack of fuel now. E85 is crazy. Im runnin 23psi on the booat box for 3,4,5 gears first is 10 and second is 15, totally diffrent car. The injectors are on sale for $326 with tunes, its a great dea.
slo_04 is offline  
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 AM
SRTForums Member
2011 Calendar Car
 
SRTKEV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do I need a tune for the lower boost settings on first, second and third gear??

I'm big turbo tuned on DSP


SRTKEV8 is offline  
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: POS Michigan
Posts: 5,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTKEV8 View Post
Do I need a tune for the lower boost settings on first, second and third gear??

I'm big turbo tuned on DSP
if your tune is good...it coordinates fueling from the map sensor, TPS columns and RPM. So whether you run 12 psi or 28 psi as long as your map sensor has resolution you will maintain pretty much the same AFR through each gear

go ahead...change yours too now; again

Last edited by lVlemphizStylez; 02-27-2013 at 07:49 AM.
lVlemphizStylez is offline  
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: alabama
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting my boost box this week...hope it lives up to what iv been reading about!!!!
jimbean5006 is offline  
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:01 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a BB, stage 2 wastegate, 3bar map and tip, and a tune. I am not sure what the spring rate is in the stage 2. I was told 7 so that's what I have it at but some times it feels like too much preload.
HaloBreaker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome