Dodge SRT Forum banner

The Sct Wiki

54K views 150 replies 33 participants last post by  grat_master 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I decided to create a Wiki for those of us in the SCT-SRT community. Since there is hardly any documentation out there for Advantage III on the DCX platform, and SCT shut their forums down to us, I felt a Wiki like this would give a great knowledge base for those of us that use the software. Wikis are easy to use, easy to search, and can be easily maintained by both the wiki community and the admin.

I know there are some very knowledgeable people in this section that could help out greatly with this project by putting in just a little bit of free time :thumbsup:

Site: Main Page - SCT SRT Wiki

examples: Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki
Processor code - SCT SRT Wiki

The site is kind of hacked together right now.. but as time permits this week, I will work on it more. Please dont judge it too harshly right now as there really is NO content on the site right now :) and that's why I need *you* to help out with that.

In the meantime, if you feel inclined ( and I hope you are ), please sign up, create a page, or start editing :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edit 7/1/08:

To create a page on the the wiki, please use the link on the "Main page" @ Main Page - SCT SRT Wiki or by going to Create Page - SCT SRT Wiki -- thats all there is too it! :)

A list of pages added in the past few days:

Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki
Desired Torque - SCT SRT Wiki
Changing Fuel Injectors - SCT SRT Wiki
Convert PW to Fuel Mass - SCT SRT Wiki
Fuel Mass to PW Conversion - SCT SRT Wiki
Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator - SCT SRT Wiki
Boost Control - SCT SRT Wiki

7/2/2008:

For a list of all pages:
All pages - SCT SRT Wiki

Created Fuel Injector Calculator for tuning in bigger or smaller injectors:
Injector Flow Conversion Calculator by NickFury

7/9/08:
Added 2 more pages:

Power Enrichment Above Stoich FA Ratio - SCT SRT Wiki
Stoich FA Ratio - SCT SRT Wiki
(feel free to fix these if they are wrong)

I also created a new calculator to aid in editing the Power Enrichment over Stoich page:

Target AFR Calculator

See less See more
#4 ·
Hehe, its not too hard :)

To create a page just type what you want to create in the 'search box', if it doesnt exist, it will give you the option to create one.

To edit a page someone has made previously, just find the page, (easiest way is by searching, try something like 've tables') then click edit.

Though, because of POS Spammers, I needed to require logins so the page wouldnt get spammed to crap.. so before you can edit and post, you need to sign up first, that option is in the upper right. Its a pretty easy and painless process.

After you have signed up, and started to create a page, its much like making a post here on the forums, you have a little WYSIWYG editor to create your page or edit the page as you see fit. I am allowing image uploads for those who want to put up screenshots.

Next thing I want to get done is the ability to upload files, specifically AdvantageIII Mako files for those us that would like to share their tunes with the rest of the world :)

#5 ·
Great idea! I hope people are willing to share their knowledge, because the information here seems so much like disinformation, disorganized and scattered all over in different posts, it'd be cool to have this central site to learn and contribute to.

Thanks for setting it up!

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you :thumbsup:

That was one of my main points in creating it, is an attempt to have a central place to explain the tables and techniques of the software. Everytime I'm finding something out Im editing the wiki and trying to add to it. Since SCT shut their forums down to us I thought something like this was needed more than ever. I liked the Wiki idea since they are very easy to search. The more I use the Advantage software, the easier it becomes, but, some of the stuff in there isnt labeled that well and trying to find out what some of the X and Y tables are measured in can be a little bit of trial and error.

If any one of smart guys out there would like to take a shot at it, the 'Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 (VE table)' Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki could use alot of work :thumbsup:

Im still trying to figure out some of the other tables like PW to Fuel Mass to tune in some 750's correctly :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Why don't you just enter the PCM codes for stage 2 or 3 and then look at the spark tables? When Advantage 3 starts up, load PCM code 04510850AA (stage 2) or 04510061AB (stage 3) and then look at the WOT Spark table. If you don't have the Advantage software then my bad, I misunderstood. When I get home I can submit images for your request up on the wiki.

Charley

#14 · (Edited)
Creating a page on the wiki is as follows..

First make sure you have signed up and registered ( I know you already have Sour Kraut ), only registered users can create and edit pages right now for spam reasons.

• Type what you want to create in the 'Search Box', ex "Sour Kraut"

• If the page doesnt exist you will be presented with this:
    "There is no page titled "Sour Kraut". You can create this page. "
  • Click the link for 'Create this page' and you will be can start editing a new page.

I know thats a little backwards if you are used to posting on the fourms.. but if time permits later, Im going to try and make a 'create new page' link on the main page when I get a chance, hopefully that will be tonight :)

If you need to upload files (.mtf, .jpg, .pdf etc), there is an option on the left called 'upload file', you can then link to that file later when editing or creating your wiki page.

If you are interested in some of the other syntax you can use for the wiki editing, check this out:
Help:Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions, please let me know :thumbsup:

#16 · (Edited)
Awesome, thank you very much once again ! :thumbsup:

I created two more pages myself:
Convert PW to Fuel Mass - SCT SRT Wiki
Fuel Mass to PW Conversion - SCT SRT Wiki
Those are still works in progress :readclose

Also added a 'create page' link on the front page main page and added an 'all pages' to the nav bar so we can easily see all the pages on the site.

Next I'd like to get around to creating some 'tuning basics' pages, like setting up for bigger injectors and a return line, boost management, etc.

Thanks again for your help Sour Kraut! And everyone else to, don't be shy :readclose

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks again Sour Kraut!

I was busy at work tonight so I didn't get as much done as I planned. It also turns out I lost my old php script calculators too so I have to write them from scratch again :stab:

Either way I was able to create two new pages:
Raising Your Redline - SCT SRT Wiki
Rev Limiter In Drive - SCT SRT Wiki

And I also whipped up a quick Fuel Calculator for figuring out you fuel needs for the Changing Fuel Injectors - SCT SRT Wiki

It can be found here:
Injector Flow Conversion Calculator by NickFury

Please test that and let me know if you find any issues, I made it very quickly :rofl:

Please everyone if you can get a few minutes, please sign up and help out by either editing a previously made page or creating one yourself :thumbsup:

Some pages that I think it could use off the top of my head are:
Scaling for 3 BAR MAP/TIP
Fan Configuration
Speed Limiter
Basics of the NGC
WOT tuning

Also remember that you can create a page for just yourself as well... since Im allowing the uploading of .mtf and .ll3 files you can use the site to host your own tunes as well :)

#26 ·
Awesome work guys! I will eventually go SCT and this info will be great to have on hand. Thank you for adding to the SCT knowledge base!

One quick question, looking at the wiki on raising the rev limit and I see a scalar option for 'neutral rev limit' Am I to assume this could be a setting for a psudo wot-box? Or does it have another function?

#28 ·
I remember OJCool talking about this table at one point, he said that it didnt what you think it would, it would set your rev limit to that value, even though you were in gear. He was unsure if it really did do something else or if the table did not work correctly?

As far a psudo wot-box, would you be refering to the new ones that have a two-step? there is not any functionality built into the software right now for a two step, but assuming that neutral rev limit table did waht it said it, could get close. I'll have to play around with the table and let you know my results.

Maybe someone else will chime in as well.

#39 · (Edited)
045108500AA

Gear dependent boost control....
Right now I have cell:

0 300
1 500
2 600
3 600
4 600
5 600
6 600
7 600
8 600
9 600
10 600

What this does is gives me 10 PSI in first gear till about 5K then it shoots up to 15...
Second gear was at about 22 or 23 PSI with my E1... I need to play with it more and get it down.

I have a decent tune now, so this was next on my list to play with... I should be messing with it within the next week.

#40 ·
^^^^
that means that you are not running the 3 bar map and tip sensor ?
and that you have to change your redline to 6.5 ?

I'm thinking about switching to the S0 processor code in order to have the speed dependan boost control, but I'm to lazy to switch all the other features of the S2 code...

#42 ·
Yes, I am running the stage 2 code. I have the 3 bar sensors and redline is set at 6500 already with stage 2. I will get it somewhat figured out soon. I don't want to switch everything over. I should be fine running the stage 2 code... I don't see any downfall to it. When smog time comes around I am going to put it all back to stock anyways. Stock tune, injectors, sensors... No big deal. It's easy.

#50 ·
It will be >10 psi... I was riding on spring pressure before. So I am not sure exactly what pressure it is. Slowly turn it up. I think second gear is going to need to be between 400 and 600.... Not sure where yet (which cell second gear is)... I think first gear is cell 0 and part of 1... Not sure after that.

#55 · (Edited)
#61 · (Edited)
correct me if i'm wrong in the power enrichement you said that the Y axis is in bar... if i'm correct this axis is unit less it's a ratio (like the name says)

it's map pressure/barometric pressure

so can be in what ever unit you want

example engine stop gage pointing 0

map (14.X) psi / barometric pressure (14.x)psi =1

at 14.x psi

map (14.x+baro)/baro(14.x)=2

#56 ·
I like the calculator. Can you set it up to have a defualt Stoic? The actual stoic (being used) should be .0695037 (14.39:1), and having that in there would make the calculator really fast to use. Thanks!

#57 ·
I just figured out a really easy way to figure out what cell is what on the boost by gear table. I played with my datalogger a lot tonight and found out a bunch of useful tools. I can figure it out pretty damn easy and then post up my results. It will be this weekend though before I have more time to play.

#59 ·
That is awesome! Great job!

#60 ·
this is freaking awesome.

You guys are doing such a great job to provide such a great pool of resources!!!

This is kinda making me want to go out and buy the PRP

#79 ·
Okay, so I officially confirmed the functionality of torque reduction based on gear this weekend. It functions exactly as I described in my earlier post...

Cell 10 = First Gear
Cell 8 = Second Gear
Cell 7 = Third Gear
Cell 6 = Fourth Gear
Cell 5 = Fifth Gear

Mana, can you confirm these results? I tested this extensively this weekend and ended up with the same results every time. I know you had mentioned you were thinking differently; I'm curious what you're finding.

#80 ·
If I have time, I will try it out tonight. I have just been so damn busy. I spent a lot of time remapping the Stage 0 code last night for my car. I got it working well so far, I just need to get the P2074 code to stay away. My first priority has been to get the car running well :D

Edit: BTW Great job figuring it all out :thumbsup:

#82 ·
i think i wll maybe try to use this function to set boost equally between each gear

like third is always a bit lower like one or 2 psi

so i could set the torque table a bit higher and limit it a bit in forth

if your torque value are not flat it will not work but me i put the same value all the way and gives me a flat psi value

...for now :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.