flashing stock pcm to staged with prp - Page 3 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn good group of sct guys on here!

Delta 46 (BLEW UP!),ZETA 3.0 (CRAPPED <1 YEAR), 30R (couldn't be happier) , Meth,train horn. What else ya need?
Bow to the Mullet. :
IF YOU NEED BOTTLENECK FIX (WALBRO OR BOSCH), PM ME.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
SRTforums Member

Are you still using the DSP(or plan to) or did you get rid of it altogether?

Strapped block,ion crank,JE pistons,MAP rods,cncport.com head,HVF tubular top mount.PTE 6266 bb .82 ar,extrude honed and hand ported stock intake and some other stuff=Aiming for the 10s on E85
BC co's,Hotchkiss sways,Prothane bushings,Pwerks strut bars,Mopar tension struts
post #33 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

still got it with the custom tune on the car bro. Gonna get a half ass tune built that is ready to put on the car before i take the dsp off. Its my dd and wanna make sure i have a half way decent tune so I can at least get to work.

Delta 46 (BLEW UP!),ZETA 3.0 (CRAPPED <1 YEAR), 30R (couldn't be happier) , Meth,train horn. What else ya need?
Bow to the Mullet. :
post #34 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
still got it with the custom tune on the car bro. Gonna get a half ass tune built that is ready to put on the car before i take the dsp off. Its my dd and wanna make sure i have a half way decent tune so I can at least get to work.
Can you use the SCT to open the tune thats on the car....i'm thinking about getting the SCT prp and if i could start with the Diablosport CMR tune that i have it would be the cats ass.

Strapped block,ion crank,JE pistons,MAP rods,cncport.com head,HVF tubular top mount.PTE 6266 bb .82 ar,extrude honed and hand ported stock intake and some other stuff=Aiming for the 10s on E85
BC co's,Hotchkiss sways,Prothane bushings,Pwerks strut bars,Mopar tension struts
post #35 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

i am not sure but i'd bet that the two would not cross over as far as taking one tune and converting it to the other. That would just be too convenient and the world is not that perfect.

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #36 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

i would bet that two diff software platforms from two diff companies would not mix well at all. but hell, who knows. someone wins the lottery when the odds are shit, right?

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #37 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
i would bet that two diff software platforms from two diff companies would not mix well at all. but hell, who knows. someone wins the lottery when the odds are shit, right?
I've been doing alot of reading up on SCT and i just might make the jump and use the DSP to data log and make subtle changes.

post #38 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93stang434 View Post
I've been doing alot of reading up on SCT and i just might make the jump and use the DSP to data log and make subtle changes.
make subtle changes with sct you mean, right? and just datalog with dsp. cause your post almost makes it sound like you would make subtle changes with dsp. clear it up for me bro.

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #39 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 PM
SRTforums Member

Got your file , Buzzkill .

when you "marry" your Xcal handheld to your ECU , it will upload your current tune into the reserve memory . you cannot touch this flash , but it will be restored when you "divorce" the handheld , or unlock it from that ECU .
So you could leave your current DSP tune in the ECU when you marry them , but you will have no access to it , & if you sell the DSP , you will lose the ability to restore the stock flash . It gets complicated . But remeber if/when you unlock the SCT handheld from your ECU , it will force you to load the non-SCT tune that was in it when you married them .

You can , as I understand it , use a DSP to tweak a SCT flashed ECU . But if you own the PRP setup , there is little reason for this .

So what im getting at is I dont think you can get your DSP flash into the Advantage software . So it cant be used , or even used as reference data for a clone flash .

As far as helping out , its nothing . Others helped me out when I was green . Now its my turn . Any advice I give you will be in plain sight here for all to see , that way if other users disagree with me , they too can post up , then you can get their reccomendations as well . Ill look at your file & post up here my observations .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings

Last edited by apexcrazy; 01-15-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling
post #40 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Cool, glad you got the file bro. when i first read your post, thoguht you were referring to me when talking about the sct and flashing regarding dsp. now i understand that you are giving stang some advice. lol for the record, i will completely take my dsp tune off the car before i flash with dsp.

As far as tuning sct tunes with dsp, I am totally surprised. It's awesome, dont get me wrong, i just cant believe its possible.

Let me know when you look over the "green" tune i sent you. i'll be up. Insomnia anyone?

and it is cool that the coaching is being made public in this thread. that is the best way to do it and hope it helps a lot of guys out in the process.

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #41 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:24 AM
SRTforums Member

Ok . I took a look at your rescale .
it looks like your rescale factor was 1.0446 . That means that you told the ECU that the new injectors flow 4 & 1/2 percent more than the stage2 injectors . And sure enough , thats what the SCT wiki told you . Its not what my data proves to be the case . I forgot the WIKI calculation was so low . As Duster will attest , there seems to be conflicting info on this subject . It seems that most agree that the RC650 injectors flow about 10%-12% more than stage 2 . My personal experience has led me to believe that my set is flowing 15% over the stage2 injectors in a 58 psi static pressure fuel system (stock) . You are running the stock static fuel system , right ? Those with an opinion on this , please chime in .
So , I am sending you a stage2 flash with the injectors rescaled at 15% .
The Wiki lied to you , but your work based on that misinformation was done correctly . You changed both tables , as you should .
Know that the ECU can add/subtract up to 30% of the fuel its getting to reach its desired AFR target . So if this rescale isnt spot on , your ECU will adapt , so it doesnt have to be perfect the first time . Just stay out of WOT untill its dialed in . You can watch your fuel trims on your scan gauge to see how its doing ( or you can datalog with your DSP ). if you see an area that needs tweaking , take note how much fuel its adding/subtracting & at what PWM its doing it at . Then you can use that info to fine tune the rescale .
Once you lock (marry) the SCT handheld to your car & flash a stage two map into it , then you will no longer have access to that DSP flash , unless you also have access to the base-code that the DSP was written for . I could be wrong here , but make sure you have all the info before you jump in . once the SCT Xcal handheld is locked , your decision will be set in stone .
But untill then , you can still work with the flashes in the advantage software , Ill send that file tonight , plus a basic enhancement flash for you to look at .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
post #42 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

so what you are saying is that once i flash the pcm with the xcal, it will be locked right? i'm okay with that. i have already tried the dsp, now its time to try the opposition. but i am going to completely take the dsp tune off the car and unlock the dsp for resale.

and it is good to hear that i did the rescale correctly, even though the WIKI was misleading. So you are sending basically a modified rescaled for the rc 650's that is a little more accurate than the WIKI, correct?

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #43 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

and yes, i m running on stock fuel pressure.

Bow to the Mullet. :
post #44 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

cant wait to compare your modded file against the "wiki guided" rescale bro.

Bow to the Mullet. :

Last edited by buzzkill; 01-16-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: sounded like a dumb ass. lol
post #45 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
So you are sending basically a modified rescaled for the rc 650's that is a little more accurate than the WIKI, correct?

Yes . as well as a lightly modded flash . As in a small bump in wot boost , a less "pig-rich" power enrichment table , & exhaust temp changes .

Have you used the compare funtion yet ? open a flash in Advantage , rightclick the file button , then click on the compare button . it will open a window that has two fields , the first will have your current file in it , the other will let you load any other files you have into it , then this window will list ALL the differences between the two .

And yes , once the initial link is made between the x-cal handheld and your ECU , it will lock to it . As a PRP user , you can unlock/lock it two more times , after it has been locked for third time , you must pay SCT to get it to unlock/lock to more ECUs .

*edit* Files sent via email

Last edited by apexcrazy; 01-16-2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode