flashing stock pcm to staged with prp - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Technical Tuning & EFI/EMS Electronics > SCT Flash Workgroup

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Member Number: 45182

Quote: Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
I'm gonna start by using the base stage two code and adjust for inj size. Then i am going to adjust boost control (per the wiki) to get to my desired level. Once i am done with that i will report back.

I am a little nervous about doing that though because i have not altered the timing table yet, but I am assuming the timing for the stage two pcm should be at a safe level to start. then I can fool with that later right? And also fuel.
Is it correct to do these two steps first? (inj and boost)

If you're nervous, just chop 4-5 degrees off the WOT timing table above 150Kpa, until your boost control is where you want it.
FTR S2 timing is 1-2 degres lower than stock at the stock PCMs highest MAP, 225Kpa
PLEASE USE EMAIL!!dave at needlesstorque dot com

Last edited by duster360; 01-14-2010 at 11:29 AM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

Stage 2 boost levels are around 18psi . that should be good for now .
I would suggest getting your injectors dialed in first . I also run the rc650cc injectors . I found that above 1.0 ms on my (scan gauge , injector PWM ) , that a simple rescale was fine . But under 1.0 the rescale was much too rich . I kept my scangauge set to look at injector pwm & long term fuel trim . At first it was pulling %20 of fuel whenever pwm was under 1.0 . So it seemed to me that the RC injectors flow a lot more at very low PWMs than the stockers do , even after rescaling is considered . this leads me to believe that the RC injectors have a smaller "deadzone" than the stockers , but that speculation on my part . So I kept pulling fuel in the fist cell of both fuel tables untill I got it under a long term fuel trim of -10 at idle . Once off idle , my fuel trims are well under +/- 3 almost always .
The reason I suggest getting fuel trims right is because if you wait to tacle them later , then resultant adjustments will alter your AFRs in open loop mode . Once injectors are good , then take a look at your exhaust temp scalars , then decide how much you want to alter them . I believe that these tables are a big contributor to why stage2 is so rich . You can mess with AFRs all you want , but once the ECU thinks your EGTs are too high , it will add gobs of fuel , and send your AFRs into the high nines !!!!!
Consensus seems too be that Mopar went crazy safe here , many completley disable this section of the ECU , I bumped my temp threshold up from 950 to 1500 degrees & cut the richening factor quite a bit . But dont take my word for it , do your own research & decide where you want to set these .
Once these aspects are done , I would work on the WOT power enrichment tables . These too are a little rich on the high boost/high rpm side of the table . Just getting your AFRs to stay in the high 11s will help the stage2 flash considerably , and give you a good foundation to base your future flashes on .
I have only had the PRP software for a year now , so dont take my opinions as gospel truth .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 38178

thanks for all the help, both of you. I was all ready to start the process today cause i am off work, but it just started raining. Wet streets are not gonna give me accurate data for tweaking at all. Dammit.

I will get as far as i can (hopefully tomorrow it will be dry) with what you guys suggested and then Im sure ill be back on here with more ?'s.
Thanks again
buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

okay rescaled for inj and im gonna go out for a drive and see what fuel trims look like. I am running fm wga and that bitch is cranked down a lot for me to achieve the boost i want with my dsp tune, but i believe when I started with dsp it was recommended to hook the wga directly to the turbo and get to a certain boost level, then rehook it to pcm and go from there. Is that necessary with sct or should i just leave it where it is at?

Its been a while since i set up the boost on my dsp so Im not sure, but seems that i remember something about that.

AND, i know there are some codes i need turned off and not sure how to do that yet. I think overboost is off with the stage two flash but i also used to throw a code when engaging my 2 step. i have no idea how to turn that off.

Damn just started and there is already so much shit to do. I like it!

Last edited by buzzkill; 01-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

The S2 wga runs about 7-10psi when driven off the turbo. Get your FM to do the same and that will put it very close to the S2's WG DC values. I'm pretty sure the FM and S2 have similiar spring rates. Also allow sufficent time for the WG adaptive learning to settle in too or just zero them out.

When you hook the wga to the WG solenoid be sure your TIP sensor is also connected like stock and the RED line is connected to the cold pipe.

Last edited by duster360; 01-15-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

if i initially set it up that way (the wga), will that still allow me to crank the boost up to 23-24 psi through the tune or will i need to adjust through wga also. Didnt know how much adjustability the tune provides.

And do you have any idea what i need to do to get rid of the code associated with 2step? (p2302 i believe)
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Do you have any idea what i need to do to get rid of the code associated with 2step? (p2302 i believe)

I think I threw that code when I had the two-step set at too low of a RPM . There are two versions of software available for the Wot-Box , I think a 2.4 & a 3.2 . I use the 3.2 .

BTW , I think the Wot-Box is great .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
Old 01-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

yeah it is a damn nice little blue piece of technology.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

if i initially set it up that way (the wga), will that still allow me to crank the boost up to 23-24 psi through the tune or will i need to adjust through wga also. Didnt know how much adjustability the tune provides.

It should be fine. I know Mana and others have used the S2 wga/code and had no issues at all reaching 30psi with just Desired Torque changes.

Somewhere around 450-500Nm is pretty close to 23-25psi. Just start with the S2 valuse and work up to what you want.

Last edited by duster360; 01-15-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Premium Member

Member Number: 71108
Premium Member

Subscribed for good info.

my neighbors listen to dubstep... because they have to.
orator3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

once again Duster, thanks for clearing that up for me bro.

Any one of you guys wanna look at me 650cc rescale just to double check I'm doing this right? lol

Hey nothing wrong with being cautious, right?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

what you think Duster, mind looking at the tune to make sure i am using the software correctly?

I remember once in the recent path where i helped you out with pressure drop data across a 62 mm tb. remember? lol

and hell yeah, this is some good info. Glad to see some other ssubscribe for the info. Thats how we all learn. i just gotta look like the total newb by posting all the dumb ?'s, but oh well, I'll get over it.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

what you think Duster, mind looking at the tune to make sure i am using the software correctly?

Sorry, I don't have the SCT software.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I will have to look at my tunes to see what my final rescales were . I will PM you my email address so we can share a couple files .
Once we can look at each others files , we can disscus changes here , if you wish .
Im going out for a couple hours to meet up with the local SRT guys , but Ill open up my files & see where my rescale is at , and post it here as well .

Old 01-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

thanks anyway duster.

And sharing a few files would be awesome. pm me your email and ill send you what I have. i would also be curious as to what changes you have made Apexcrazy. That would definitely help me learn a lot based on what you have changed in the tunes. appreciate the hospitality bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement