07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member Number: 48589
Location: Plymouth, MN
MAPerformance Carries Top Brand Pistons For SRT4!!!
- Valve pocket designs that allow maximum flow around valve, also allowing oversized valves and high lift cams to be utilized.
- Piston crown shapes designed to promote maximum intake charge efficiency thru scavenging mixture "cross flow" during intake and exhaust valve overlap. More fuel and air equals more horsepower!
- Pistons designed to optimize squish or quench during compression combustion cycle event, resulting in resistance to detonation and pre-ignition. The end product is longer engine life and increased horsepower potential.
- Complex piston skirt profiles that reduce power robbing friction, yet promote stability in bore for optimum ring seal. Wiseco has added skirt coatings to the long list of standard features on stocked sport compact pistons!
- Precision machined ring grooves with proper orifice/accumulator volume using calculated groove root diameters and axial widths, featuring excellent surface finish and flatness providing maximum ring seal and minimizes blow-by and oil consumption.
- World class forging facility that utilizes the latest technologies featuring complex forged shapes, advanced materials, and featured aligned grain flow technology.
- Pistons feature new Smooth Finished Crown process for excellent flame travel
- NEW ASYMMETRICAL FSR forging! State of the art asymmetrical skirt technology reduces friction and mass while providing a more rigid and durable platform
- Pin fitting and wire locks included
- Rings Included
- .827 x 2.250 straight wall carbon steel wrist pin provided
- Anti-Detonation Grooves: Are grooves that protect the top ring by disrupting detonation waves. Also know as contact reduction grooves, these grooves limit the piston/cylinder contact during high temperature and RPM
- Accumulator Groove: Is a V shaped groove machined in the 2nd ring land to collect excess blow-by between the top and second ring. This groove collects residual gasses during combustion and alleviates top ring flutter while increasing ring seal
- CP groove: Stands for Constant Pressure Groove. This groove works as a channel on the lower part of the top land that equalizes pressure to the back of the top ring groove. When used in combination with lateral gas ports, the CP groove helps keep gas ports clear of carbon build up. In addition, the CP groove prevents the top land from smudging into the top ring if the land rubs the cylinder bore
- Double Pin Oilers: In conjunction with their dual fed reservoir add twice the amount of oil from the cylinder wall to the wrist pin
- Cam and Barrel: Extensive research and development has been done to find the optimum skirt shape for each piston. Having the correct cam and barrel on a part promotes the following: Tighter clearances, Less noise, Better ring seal, More power, Durability. Depending on the forging and application, different cam and barrel profiles are utilized for maximum performance