Dodge SRT Forum banner

Chief track times

14K views 275 replies 28 participants last post by  Chief 
#1 ·
This is with AGPs new 6162 DBB turbo on 22psi and E85, STreet tunned by me only 22 degrees timing, and low 12 afrs

Had some issues first 2-3 passes, my 6 puck HD act was slipping BAD real bad wot shifting into 2nd. So let it cool for a good 15-20 mins (50 degree night) went back out, and all of a sudden shes grabbin now, and blowing off the tires instead. SOO im VERY confused to what happened there? The clutch has been street driven with street tires since the disc went in, brand new 6 pucka bout 4-5k miles ago and all street driving. First time clutch has seen sticky Drs on a half ass preped track. SOO think my clutch was glazed over or something? just needed some stress put on her? Cause rest of the night seem to be grabbin just fine, I thought i was gonna need to put a ED plate and a new 6 puck in. :buah: anyways, Did OK i guess, 1-2 is a joke, 12psi in mandh Drs COLD night, kinda shitty prep, This is on 22 creepin to 23 in upper rpms with agps 6162 turbo pullin nice, but again kinda concerned about the clutch wanted to get some thought on that.

12.2 @ 119

with a 2.1 60ft :rofl: YYeaaaaa I also did a 12.2 at 118 with a 2.0 60
Highest trap tonight was 120 with ugly Et and 60ft lol

This is at 4000ft, NHRA corrected at sea, should put me at 11.6 at 125
Need slicks, but whats this clutch gonna do? OR do u guys think it just needed some stress put to her tonight to get some grip. Again i had zero issues rest of night, wot shifting rest of night, no slipping as i could feel.

BTW first time at track EVERR! i was shaking like a LEAF my first pass lol

so there ya go hunter finally a TRACK run lol gonna do few more Drs and low boost runs, just to get experence and seat time, gonna need slicks 4SHO, and figure out if this clutch is gonna be alright or not. :eeeek:

srt 4 1/4 agp 6162 - YouTube

See less See more
#131 · (Edited)
1.7 60ft? thats pretty good..

I did a awesome 2.060ft when I ran a 11.7 @122 on the slippin clutch and the 5857. Worst trap for me was the 119mph. How did the car feel going down the track? My car was sloopy as hell. I would think it would trap alot better if the car is 100% might just be the track..

In for times from another track.

#132 ·
car felt nice, could not beleve how hard the slicks try to torque steer you into the wall lol. pretty crazy. But yeaa i was afraid of the clutch, but it held very nicley.

as soon as i sell the drs and slicks, i need some street tires first, than getting some 24.5s I do think my trap will go UP with teh 24s too, i think 23s where just all and all to small, and the car was revin hellish fast, you can see how fast i shift 1-2-3, was not use to that, the Drs at 25" the gears where ALOT longer, i was shifting into 4th and 2 seconds later passing finish line, where here i was in 4th AWHILE before line came up.

#133 ·
anyone have any cool knowledge on what they think the 24.5s will do for me? refuring to how the car pulls? and traps?

Ovbiously the taller tire gives you more gear, and if you have the POWER to pull it, TEch the car should go faster? smaller tires better for cars with less power cause easier to turn. Same with gears in a rwd car. Am i thinking this all right?

#134 ·
keep reading how taller tire slows your traps down? i guess if you go TOO big it will?

just dont understand i trap 120 on 25" drs at 22 psi
and traped 120 on 23"s on 25 psi
car is hella more powerfull on 25 than 22 its night and day.

#138 ·
Not necessarily. Or I should say, don't use that as a rule of thumb.

When I was stock turbo and nitrous, my trap speeds were within 1 to 2 mph regardless of if I were running my DR's or my slicks.

I will say, that with that turbo, on that amount of boost, you are missing 3 to 5 mph. I don't know if that's because of the smaller slicks or what not.

Common sense tells me you should of trapped higher unless you were "out of gear" going through the traps.

I'm guessing, so hopefully someone smart can chime in.

#139 ·
im also 4k feet, dont forget, im not gonna make same power as someone at sea level on 25 psi.

I read per 1k feet its about 4-4.5% power loss, not bad at only 1k but 4k?

we talkin a 500 horse power car only puttin out low 4s. thats the difference, but for some reason people dont seem to understand this lol.

So in reality, im doin pretty good :)

#140 ·
i bet im only around mid 4s on 25, where back home id be well deep into the 5s

and i do think 24.5s will help me out, 23s just seem to rip off to easy. On the back strech i got into it in 2nd with the slicks, just rollin it on, blew them clean off easy.

#141 ·
Does what sea level really make that much of a difference in times/HP? Buddy was telling me it doesn't matter if you're at seal level, or 4000 feet above sea level, reason being because it's forced induction. Now, N/A cars will suffer quite a bit?

Is he right, or full of shit?

#143 ·
I agree 100% that it would effect a N/A car waay less than a Forced inducted one...

turbo's allow you to maintain rated horsepower and/or cylinder pressures at altitude, been doing it in airplanes for a long time. Natural Aspirated engines loose power as altitude increases...turbo's rectify this a great amount because they compress air. 25psi is 25 psi not matter where you are in the world.... Unless your gauge is broke. :jester:

I would think of it like a guy on a mountain with no oxygen mask (breathing is harder) vs guy on that same mountain with a oxygen mask breathing would be alot easier but there the fact that he needs that mask to maintain performance. That my thoughts on it atleast. :lol:

#142 · (Edited)
full of shit... yess we have advantage because we CAN turn boost up. Not only that, BUT a turbo at 4k feet pushing 25 psi, same turbo at sea level pushing 25 psi, the one at sea level is working WAY less, talking shaft speeds, are ALOT slower. same turbo at 4k same psi has to spin alot faster.

And a turbo at sea is getting more oxygen molecules per mol, where a turbo at 4k is getting less at same amount of boost, means less power. yes WE CAN get same horse, just takes more boost. So the only thing that dosent add up is boost vs times or boost vs dyno numbers, they will be alot less than sea. Someone tells you other wise has no idea how elevation effects you. LOOk it up on nhra website.

4% loss per 1k feet has to do with the amount of oxygen mols per molacule of air, or some shit lol anyways

we talkin about a 15-16% loss at 4kft

so a car makin 550 at sea with same boost at 4 is only gonna make 460. Ovbiosuly the more power the more loss, a 300 horse car would not see a huge difference like a 700 horse power car.

#146 · (Edited)
I would think its common sense that a dbb 6162 on 25 psi should be over 400whp...

I personally think there is another issue.. spinning did not look to be a problem at all and luanch was nearly perfect.With a ebb turbo I don't think boost fall off between shift is that bad.. I doubt the elevation of 3500-3600ft will kill performance of a forced inducted vehicle nearly that bad. Ever check compression?

I know the car has to have more mph in it.

#148 ·
I would think its common sense that a dbb 6162 on 25 psi should be over 400whp...I personally think there is another issue.. spinning did not look to be a problem at all and luanch was nearly perfect. I doubt the elevation of 3500-3600ft will kill performance of a forced inducted vehicle nearly that bad.

really?
lol have you ever been 4k feet up?

and its a 6262 journal btw.
I could tell a huge difference back in pa 800feet to here, i was runnin my D60 on 21 peeling tires in 3rd, came here, and barley peeled 2nd off its a huge difference. you have to experence it to see what we 5k+ up guys are dealing with

NHRA Elevation Correction Factors - SMOKEmUP.com

#147 ·
i dont think i am, i think the trap and time actaully adds up pretty good.

again, im not making the power you guys are making at sea level on 25 psi, it just wont happen.

#150 ·
also take in effect

Air pressure at sea level is 14.7 psi, and at 7000 feet is 11.34 psi. You lose or gain about 2.9-3% of your atmospheric pressure per 1000 feet, and lose about the same amount of power in a naturally aspirated engine:

so its about a 12% loss, takin a 500 horse power car to a shit 440 not to mention tq numbers falling quite a bit as well.

#155 ·
I get that. But YOU STILL SHOULD OF TRAPPED MORE THAN 120MPH :readclose

Dude, nobody cares to do the research to justify your trap speeds. At the end of the day it comes off as a big ass turbo not making any power!! :readclose

120mph on 25 PSI is not doing APG any favors marketing wise.

Either run more boost, tune the car properly for El Paso, or stop posting your times!!

#159 ·
I don't want to hear bench racing numbers. I want to hear real world results!!!

I don't care what NHRA says. I know what the car did :readclose That is all that matters!!!

Luv ya no shit man! I do! But who cares why you ran what you ran? Your car is faster than 80% of the SRT's on this site! Don't get wrapped up in the dyno/roll racing attitude of this place!!

You ran 11.6 @ 120 period!! This will improve, and you will possibly dip into the 10's next fall.

/thread

#160 ·
yes this is true, but everyone thinks i should be faster at this set psi, what people dont understand is we make way less power at equal psi than what u would back home.

you'd kick your self in the ass if you came out here hunter and felt how slow you car gets.

wish someone would chime in thats in the same boat or has experenced this.

all the dynos around here also have corrected numbers, but again, i dont get hard on dyno numbers, wait to get a cheap dyno, on a dyno day.

#161 ·
you will also run richer the higher you go being there is less O2

So image turbo is rotating at the same rpm (in fact turbo spins faster in high altitude when comparing with sea level) hence the same air flow should be going to the engine but it doesn´t mean the same O2 quantity is going to the engine and you need O2 to make more power.

i also think 24.5s will help

#166 · (Edited)
if you cant go beyond 125 with a 6262 @ 30 psi on E85 with a built motor you have some issues man...honestly outside of elevation. Who tunes your car?
whats your elevation?

i really doubt it, at sea that would put me over 130mph, but here doubt it.

watched a 6262 11.1 at 129 ON 24.5s

#165 ·
just confused to why i trapped 120 on 25" drs at 22 psi and traped same on 25 psi but running 23"s wish there was some math there that explained that little better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.